You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

LOSING ON THE RIVER WHAT ARE THE ODDS

playing this weeks £1000 free roll have lost to ace flush five times each time they caught the ace on the river twice I had king flush after flop 3 times on turn

Comments

• edited July 2015
    In Response to LOSING ON THE RIVER WHAT ARE THE ODDS:
    playing this weeks £1000 free roll have lost to ace flush five times each time they caught the ace on the river twice I had king flush after flop 3 times on turn
    Posted by ricey54
    hi,

im sorry 2 hear about your run of river-rip offs but it seems to be an infamous sky trait!
                                                              Just be comforted by the fact that you have and will, suck-out on players yourself with that frustrating river card.
                                                Pocket Aces to you my friend,
                                                                                             Jim
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to LOSING ON THE RIVER WHAT ARE THE ODDS:
    Posted by ricey54
    meh dont want to discount your post, but at im reading it you say that 5 times you lost to ace high flush and that each time they hit the ace on the river. but in 3 of those hands you had king high flushes.. so the 3 hands you had king high flushes you would of won as the ace was on the board for you both to share?
  • edited July 2015
    Hi
       in hindsight-wouldn't u still have won at least 3 times as u already had the K-high flush n the ace would just make your hand better?not sure ive grasped what uve posted.
                                                                               Jim
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: LOSING ON THE RIVER WHAT ARE THE ODDS:
    Hi    in hindsight-wouldn't u still have won at least 3 times as u already had the K-high flush n the ace would just make your hand better?not sure ive grasped what uve posted.                                                                            Jim
    Posted by GILLS69
    I suspect the OP has described the situation incorrectly.

There were 3 hearts on the board by the flop/turn, including the king of hearts.

OP had (say) 9h - 10h.

A 4th heart fell on the river, the A, & villain had the J or Q of hearts in his hand.

Have to say, if that really happened 5 times to him in this week's daily (just once a day) £1,000 Freeroll, it's....... quite remarkable.

• edited July 2015
    If it helps swing balance, I was down to two BB in said freerole and shoved utg with K2 diamonds. Called 4 way, flop comes 3 diamonds. 

2 all ins later and I see AA and QJ diamonds. Blank turn and river for gg and a quad up... One hour later I am off to ukpc. Luck does go both ways - just got to remember it :)

Ps

It's free my friend, anything you get is a bonus so dust yourself off and reload tomorrow :) 
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: LOSING ON THE RIVER WHAT ARE THE ODDS:
    If it helps swing balance, I was down to two BB in said freerole and shoved utg with K2 diamonds. Called 4 way, flop comes 3 diamonds.  2 all ins later and I see AA and QJ diamonds. Blank turn and river for gg and a quad up... One hour later I am off to ukpc. Luck does go both ways - just got to remember it :) Ps It's free my friend, anything you get is a bonus so dust yourself off and reload tomorrow :) 
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Ab-ser-lootly.