You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mid week selections

edited January 2010 in The Shed
OK people here are my selections from an almost full mid week programme. I have'nt put any of these on yet.

1st bet

Everton @ 8/11
N.Forest @ 4/6
Sheff utd @ 8/11
Swansea @ 4/6
Newcastle @ 8/13
Hartlepool @ 4/5
Millwall @ 8/11

Two others i fancy (because your getting good odds for a home team) but have'nt made my mind up yet whether to include them are

Barnet @ 11/10
Burton @evens

21 x 5-fold or 7 x 6-fold.
If i include bottom two will take 7-fold option.

2nd bet

under/over 2.5 goals

Blackburn/Wigan over
Chelsea/Birmingham over
Wolves/Liverpool under
Peterboro/Preston over
Swansea/Coventry under
Newcastle/C.Palace under
Rochdale/Port Vale over

Again will cover 21x 5-fold or 7 x 6-fold

As i said above i have'nt put these on yet, still need odds for over/under (waiting on skybet)
so might lose some of them if i'm not getting value.

Will finalise selection Tuesday.

Be lucky

achill

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Sky must be worried they've censored me lol 
  • edited January 2010
    Interesting again.

You cannot beat a good perm.

Sadly my 9-selections in the Euro/World Fixtures today have been done by three scoreless draws. (up to now)

Loving people posting their selections on here, and I look forward to seeing them.

The over/under bets are a new thing for me, never done them before until Yesterday. A definate way of putting some nice bets together.

Heres to the midweek matches!!!

• edited January 2010
    I'm going for 2 bets this midweek. 

The first one is spread over Tuesday & Wednesday.

Tottenham to beat Fulham (H) @ 4/7
    Swansea to beat Coventry (H) @ 4/6
    Millwall to beat Southend (H) @ 8/11
    Everton to beat Sunderland (H) @ 8/11

The 4 way on this is paying a little under 7/1 (6.81 to be precise), which for 4 homes is a decent price. Fulham's away form this season has been poor to say the least & Spurs know they have to take maximum points if they're to get their Champions league push back on track. Swansea have become very difficult to beat under Paulo Sousa & Coventry have only won 1 of their last 9 away from home in all competitions. Millwall have only lost one at home in the league all season whilst Southend have only won 1 & lost 8 of their last 9 aways. Everton have picked up of late & beat moneybags Man City at home in their last home game in the league. Sunderland have only won 1 away league game all season which came at Bolton way back on the opening day of the season.

My 2nd bet is a real longshot but definitely worth a quid.

West Ham to beat Portsmouth (A) @ 7/4
    Liverpool to beat Wolves (A) @ 8/13
    Bolton to beat Burnley (H) @ 4/5
    Norwich to beat Walsall (A) @ 10/11
    Northampton to beat Darlington (A) @ EVENS

This little 5 way is paying just under 30/1 (29.5 to be precise) so definitely worth a punt with a quid. My boys, West Ham are in buoyant mood at the moment what with the takeover, players coming back from injury (Carlton Cole will almost certainly be back for this game albeit he's likely to start on the bench) & not to mention a well deserved point at Villa Park in their last outing. Meanwhile Portsmouth are struggling to even get a full matchday 16 together. Liverpool won't find it too easy at Wolves but after picking up the points against Spurs in their last game their Champions league challenge is firmly back on track & they know they have to take maximum points here. Bolton/Burnley is gonna be a tight game but make no mistake about it, Bolton will be up for this big time. Burnley's away record speaks for itself with only 1 point away from home all season. Norwich are in fantastic form at the moment but it won't help that they'll be without Grant Holt through suspension. That said they should still have enough to squeeze past Walsall. Darlington have been shocking all season. Granted, they killed my midweek coupon last week by winning at Rotherham but they've lost far too many this season. Northampton have been in good form of late winning their last 2 aways at Bournemouth & Macclesfield.

Good luck with your bets

Jay
  • edited January 2010
    Here's my 1st acca for the midweek games, i shall post the 2nd acca after a little more research:

Bolton to beat Burnley(Should be a good game but Bolton have more quality, Coyle knows the Burnley players too well and Burnley's away form is dreadful).

Everton to beat Sunderland(Everton are flying at the moment apart from the slight blip against in-form Brum in the cup the other day, Sunderland seem to have lost the plot a little).

Forest to beat QPR(QPR are quite good away from home but Forest are just unstoppable at the moment)

Swansea to beat Coventry(Swansea have picked up a few good wins in recent weeks and are solid at home, Coventry are inconsistent and have a terrible away record).

Exeter to beat Carlizzle Me Nizzle(Exeter have got a great home record and they beat Leeds  the other week. Carlizzle have played 3 games in a week and failed to beat Stockport at home on Saturday. I could beat Stockport on my own the way they've been playing recently).

Millwall to beat Southend(Millwall have only lost once at home this season, Southend have lost 8 on their travels already).

Dundee Utd to beat St Johnstone(Dundee Utd are having a great season so far, only 4 points off Celtic, St Johnstone aren't great away from home and are only 6 points off the bottom).

This acca pays 53/1.

Good luck with all your bets everyone, let's hope we bash the bookies this week.
  • edited January 2010
    Quality Gents, some solid looking stuff again. 

Might watch from the sidelines to avoid passing on the "Jynx Effect"

If all else fails I will be reverting to the "Close Eyes, Click Mouse" method for the Weekend Selections.
  • edited January 2010
    Here's acca Numero 2, 5 draws, not going into great detail with these, i just think these games are gonna be tightly contested(saying that, the previous 2 times i've bet on Colchester this season have resulted in them conceding 7 against Preston and 5 against Norwich, 3rd time lucky i guess).

Aston Villa v Arsenal
    Bristol City v Cardiff
    Scunthorpe v Sheff Wed
    Colchester v MK Dons
    Swindon V Leeds

Odds of 433/1. If this comes in then smiles all around and maybes a few bevvies and a jaunt to a strip club. Giggety
  • edited January 2010
    Hi guys.

My bets are what i posted above. Took the 21 x 5-fold option for both at .17p a line, £7.14p in total, will pay out around £120 if all come in but six correct in either perm will cover all bets.

Decided to have a £3 double on Barnet and Burton which pays out £13.23p.

Be lucky

achill
  • edited January 2010

have gone for a £1 accum  returns  £350

£1.00
    1. Le Mans v Bordeaux
    2. Bordeaux @ 8/11
    3. AC Milan v Udinese
    4. AC Milan @ 4/9
    5. Roma v Catania
    6. Roma @ 1/3
    7. Sparta Rotterdam v FC Twente
    8. FC Twente @ 4/6
    9. Rochdale v Port Vale
    10. Rochdale @ 1/2
    11. Walsall v Norwich
    12. Norwich @ 10/11
    13. Swindon v Leeds
    14. Leeds @ 6/5
    15. Newcastle v Crystal Palace
    16. Newcastle @ 8/13
    17. Nottm. Forest v Q.P.R.
    18. Nottm. Forest @ 4/6
    19. Everton v Sunderland
    20. Everton @ 4/6
    21. Blackburn v Wigan
    22. Blackburn @ 10/11
    23. Chelsea v Birmingham
    24. Chelsea @ 1/4
  • edited January 2010
    Here my bet for tonight, not sure why imposting it,notposted a winner on here yet and I normally do ok on these footy bets.

I bet it on another siter as they were offering betters odds

Bolton 5/6
    Spurs 8/13
    Forrest 7/10
    Millwall 4/6
    Roichdale 4/7

Had a £20 acca to win £263.72

Pretty confident about this bet, I think the dodgiest team is Bolton, Burnley will really wnat to beat Coyle, but I do think bolton are good enough and with coyles inside knowledge beleive they will have enough.

15/8
    7/5
    6/4
    6/4
    11/8

A fiver on that pays a nice £512.11

Good Luck All, Except those who are backing Man City tomorrow :)

Gareth
  • edited January 2010
    I've also decided to have a cheeky quid on Tots tips longshot of the day which is below:

Swansea to beat Coventry (H) @ 4/6
    Sheff Utd to beat Reading (H) @ 10/11
    Forest to beat QPR (H) @ 4/6
    Southampton to beat Brentford (A) @ 5/4
    Norwich to beat Walsall (A) @ 5/6
    Rochdale to beat Port Vale (H) @ 1/2

This returns £32.81 on my pound should they come in.
  • edited January 2010
    Sweet Jesus and Mary Chain! Cardiff 3-0 up after 24mins. Looks like i can kiss that lapdance goodbye. C'mon Bristol City, show some fight please.
  • edited January 2010
    Well 4 ofmy 5winning at half time, so thats the ht/ft bet down but that was only a bit of fun anyway, not looking bad for the full times come on rochdale!!!!
  • edited January 2010
    Well so far from my main bet I've got 2 winning & 1 drawing (Everton playing tomorrow night) so that's looking hopeful so far.

My longshot looks like it's destined to fail. 2 are drawing, 1 are winning & 2 are losing (I swear, this is the last time I bet against Darlington!)

The Tots tips longshot actually isn't looking all that bad at the moment. Only Norwich are losing & they're capable of turning that round if they can get a goall back quickly. Swansea & Rochdale are drawing & the others are winning.

I'll happily settle for one of these coming in though
  • edited January 2010
    So that's how Bristol City respond to a rallying cry, concede another 2 to go 5-0 down after 46mins.  That's it then, no Stringfellows, doubt my budget would get a lapdance from the local homeless lady with the glass eye and awful teeth. Oh no, 6-0 now, i can't believe it.
  • edited January 2010
    If this is how all your bets go Quagmire can you please wack a cheekey £20 on Wolves quick.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Mid week selections:
    If this is how all your bets go Quagmire can you please wack a cheekey £20 on Wolves quick.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi[/QUOTE

Ha ha. You could be onto something there. Any football fans out there whose team need a win, send me £10 and I will include their opponents in my bets.
  • edited January 2010

omg it is over, they brough N'Gog on. Surely even you cannot perform miracles.

• edited January 2010
    Bloody Rochdale let me down, shortest priced team as well :(

Oh well theres always tomorrow night
  • edited January 2010
    Arsenal, Newcastle and Luton treble. over 6-1.  I am sooo due a win.
  • edited January 2010
    This amused me last night,when notts county were 2-0 up a dag+red player scored an own goal.IT came up on the teleprinter (or whatever its called nowadays) on sky sports news like this
    DAG+RED 0 NOTTS COUNTY 3   ABU OGOGO OG. 
    When their is live football is on, I always put the teleprinter on sky player on, so I get other scores while watching a live game. Last night I had a single on Preston @13/8 bet fred. To follow my 2 winners on sunday.
    Tonight I am going for a double on Everton 8/13+Dundee Utd 8/13  pays just over 6/4.
    Unlucky last night silent bob, I liked the look of your bet.
    +very unlucky 35suited.   Those dam 0-0 draws.
  • edited January 2010
    yup, hurts even more as theyve been playing soooo well 10 points clear at the top!!!!!

Ok heres tongihtys bet only had a fiver @ odds of 45.38/1

Manu 4/7
    Villa 5/2
    Newcastle 4/7
    Scunthorpe 13/8
    Burton evens

Dont really expect this to come in hence only having a fiver on it.

Ive had a much larger bet tho on the bookings market in the manu game tho, gone for over 56 points @ 4/5
    For those who are unsure 10pts a yellow card 20 points a red card.  Surely theres gonig to be 6 yellows at least???

Well sicne ive bet it if i was you lot id bet on there being 5 yellows, they way mylucks going its bound to happen...

Good luck all

Gareth
  • edited January 2010
    After not quite getting there last night I've decided to have another go tonight. At one stage last night I really thought I'd get a decent payout but just fell short. There's not a huge amount to choose from but with a small risk there's certainly some value to be had.

Arsenal to beat Villa (A) @ 6/5 (this is my risky pick)
    Everton to beat Sunderland (H) @ 4/7
    Newcastle to beat Palace (H) @ 1/2
    Rooney to score anytime in 90 minutes @ 10/11

These 4 are paying a touch under 9/1 (8.9). The Arsenal game is a bit of a risk but Villa seem to have gone off the boil a bit of late & if we can get a point there then I'm confident that Arsenal can take all 3. Sunderland are just awful away from home so that speaks for itself. Newcastle have been strong all season and despite the fact that Palace have done well with their very limited resources this season, St James Park is a tough place to go & going into administration will be on their minds. I really can't call the Manchester semi so Rooney to score anytime in 90 minutes looks good. He's been on fire recently & you know Utd will fly out the blocks tonight.

Good luck with your bets folks

Jay
  • edited January 2010
    Only 1 booking first half????????

ref being sensible and givinglots of warnings????

forget the warnings and being sensible referere it to the book and strt showing those yellow cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2010
    Well.... after picking up one 5-fold in both of my perms and sticking £10 on burton @ 11/10 i've come out a massive £6.07p in profit.

But sometimes if you can't win big then win small, its always better than losing.

gl for weekend

achill