You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

lastcard beats

edited July 2015 in Poker Chat
why is it that everytime i get good cards like AA i get beat on the last cards its happened to me all day and happens when i get high cards  i put £5 in and lost cash to hands that were nothing untill the two last cards its shocking i know its poker anything can happen but when someone else gets good cards i cant beat them with 45 so why do they always beat me dont think i will be playing anymore defo wont be spending anymore cash 

Comments

• edited July 2015
    A couple of reasons:

1. It's a game of 7 cards, not 2. In the list of hands (A high, a pair, two pair, three of a kind, straight etc) AA is only one pair after all.
    2. Selective memory. We all remember the bad times and forget the good times. The guys who win with 45 do not post similar questions as they have probably forgotten it already.

• edited July 2015
    Losing with big pairs. A personal favourite of mine.

Pre-flop, AA is the best hand you can have. Post-flop, they could be being beaten by any hand better than a pair. The late cards are usually the ones to beat you as three community cards are needed for flushes, straights and full houses.

If you bet big pre-flop with your pair, most hands will fold. You may get called by other pairs, which is good news, or Ax (which is good news too).

If you still lose, remember, the math says you will win over time and the chancers will lose.
  • edited July 2015
    I know the rules and how quick the game can change. I withdrew £50 bout two weeks ago and since then haven't won anything and prob put £50 bk in within the time I was only stating that I was getting beat every single game no matter what cards I had As if sky servers choose their winners and not by the way u play .ps I don't forget good times just makes u angry
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: lastcard beats:
    I know the rules and how quick the game can change. I withdrew £50 bout two weeks ago and since then haven't won anything and prob put £50 bk in within the time I was only stating that I was getting beat every single game no matter what cards I had As if sky servers choose their winners and not by the way u play .ps I don't forget good times just makes u angry
    Posted by Amnoshy
    this is bs m8
    as you say,if you played the game long enough you will know how swingy the game can be believe me i know
    you have to work at this game and not let things like this get you down,a 50 quid swing is very common im sure other players will tell you they,ve had bigger swings some have been in the 1000s
    you have to learn to adapt to these things once you have it becomes much easier
    there is no doom switch if you withdraw
    there is no favoritism the system does,nt pick who wins and who does,nt
    once you get your head around it,as i say it becomes so much easier
    gl at the tables brother
  • edited July 2015
    When you raise with whatever and someone comes with you and you reach showdown and youre astonished with what  they are holding and you think why were they ever  in the pot and why did they call my cbets and how the hell did they suck out on you.

You can either come to the forums and accuse sky of hating you or you could click on the players name, tag them green, make a little note called a 3xbb raise with 54s. calls all cbets with bad odds. on a KKA32 board.

Ok. you may have got stacked, but youve found yourself an ATM.
  • edited July 2015
    I have swung both ways with this theory over the last year. 
    At times it did seem as if I was a marked man and no matter what cards I had and no matter how I played them (tight or loose) I still lost (generally on the river where they made their hand against impossible odds)

But I made myself have a reality check.  In truth, I played a lot of hands badly - fell in love with my good hands ignoring how other players were betting and 'chancing' on poor hands depleting my stack unneccesarily.

This came to a head where in 6 or 7 consequitive hands I had 3 AA hole cards. Each one lost to 2 pair, (10 4) a flush and a straight.
    But as I say, in reality, I played them badly and wouldn't let go of the magical AA's

I was also guilty of selective memory - forgetting the times they did survive.

In conclusion, it was my bad playing and mistakes (which is hard at first to tell yourself) that caused my bankroll to dissapear. :)