You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad beat no wait sick beat

Just had aces on button 17k left 10 players get a ticket to 915 250000 ukop  I'm 11 shove all in and guy calls with a6 flops 3d turn an d river a black wins with 6 high flush so sick me out on bubble 260 players feel like been kicked in the poker balls

Comments

• edited July 2015

Hi Karl,

You were unlucky there, you were around 90% to win that hand pre-flop.

Now look at it another way, as it may help.

Over the long term. if you play that coup 100 times, you will win it 90 times, & lose it 10 times. Those are great odds. If we can get our money in as 90% favourite every time, we'll be fine. But 90% jolly means we will lose one in 10. We just will, those are the maths. Nothing you can do will change that, ever ever ever. To win 9 out of 10, you MUST lose one out of 10.
    I play DYM's. Generally, I play 30 or so every session. Over a 9,000 game sample, I win 60% of them. So I lose 40% of them. So, before any session, I know, on average, I will win 18 & lose 12. Those 12 loses can arise in any number of ways - bad play by me, bad play by others, I get unlucky, I get it in bad, the fella gets lucky. But here's the thing - by accepting those truisms IN ADVANCE, they don't bother me one iota. I know, for sure, that every 30 games I play, I WILL lose 12. And when I lose those 12 - it matters not how - I don't feel any sense of pain, tilt, sense of entitlement, nothing at all. Because we knew these facts before we started.

Nothing - nothing on earth, ever - will change the maths. You will always lose that coup one time in 10. But you'll win it 9 times in 10. That's not so bad, is it? It's the whole basis of how poker works, so it's best if we all get used to it, & understand it, because nothing will change it. Ever. 

So if Matey Boy wants to get it in as a 90% dog, give him a big kiss, because that player is the reason you make money, so we want to be nice to him, not cross with him. If we could get our money in as 90% jollies every hand, we should happily accept the one time in 10 we lose, as we'd be millionaires. 

Good luck, & hope to see you at a UKPC.   
  • edited July 2015
                                     Hi,
                                        I think Tony is trying to tell you that you wre ahead 90% of the time and no matter how many times he could express it-you would still be 90% ahead- pre flop.
                                                                                                  9/10ths my friend,
                                                                                                                            Jim.                         

p.s.     18 out o0f 20 to you