You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

pc issue/advice plz

edited July 2015 in Poker Chat
hope this stays here untill i have a reply
anyway,my pc keeps crashing with BSOD had it for months now,i know it a RAM problem i have run MEM tests
i have two 4 gig sticks in the pc,my question is can i replace the RAM with two new sticks without it affecting my pc/settings and all the other stuff on there..Nosey
thx in advance 

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Yeah as far as im aware RAM is fairly interchangeable and doesnt affect your system in anyway, check the make of your motherboard as i think some brands of RAM work better with some brands of motherboard
  • edited July 2015
    Its more than likely only 1 stick of RAM is faulty though, if you know how, then i would take one of them out and then start up your computer, and it should boot up fine if you have taken the faulty one out
  • edited July 2015
    Replacing the RAM should not affect anything, all DATA is sored on your hard drive, just make sure it is compatible with the motherboard.
  • edited July 2015
    thx guys most helpful,this forum is fantastic for things like this,cheers
  • edited July 2015
    If you are going to try swapping the ram out yourself be sure to wear an anti-static strap or at least ground yourself first before you touch the inside of your pc.
    Easiest way is to put both hands on a radiator for a couple of seconds to get rid of any static, It can do serious damage to your motherboard if you dont.
    As jordz said, you can try swapping them out 1 at a time to see if just 1 is at fault.
  • edited July 2015
    ive ordered 2 8 gig sticks for my pc,its been really frustrating watching my pc crash when im sitting with aces,i cannot web browse at all without BSOD happening,so im sitting here with hands on radiator (its not on)to rid myself of any static thx joebloggs for the tip
    if it dont work im throwing it out the window
    thx all
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: pc issue/advice plz:
    ive ordered 2 8 gig sticks for my pc,its been really frustrating watching my pc crash when im sitting with aces,i cannot web browse at all without BSOD happening,so im sitting here with hands on radiator (its not on)to rid myself of any static thx joebloggs for the tip if it dont work im throwing it out the window thx all
    Posted by stokefc
    Selective memory syndrome.
  • edited July 2015
    ive ordered 2 8 gig sticks for my pc,its been really frustrating watching my pc crash when im sitting with aces,i cannot web browse at all without BSOD happening,so im sitting here with hands on radiator (its not on)to rid myself of any static thx joebloggs for the tip if it dont work im throwing it out the window thx all
    Posted by stokefc
    Let us know how you get on mate.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: pc issue/advice plz : Selective memory syndrome.
    Posted by mumsie
    no no its happend with aa kk jj 45 78 92 60 and on and on and on well not 60 but you get my drift,its doin me head in
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: pc issue/advice plz : Let us know how you get on mate.
    Posted by MrJoeBlogs
    will do mate,i really hope it works they cost me 90 quid with vat and postage
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: pc issue/advice plz : Let us know how you get on mate.
    Posted by MrJoeBlogs
    hey joe :) it worked no crashses no BSOD,1st time in 12 months my pc has,nt crashed,so pleased
    16 gig  of ram everything is  instantanious