You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker Magazines finished??

edited July 2015 in Poker Chat
HI all,

Was looking for some holiday reading so thought I'd buy a couple of poker magazines.

Went to WH Smiths and got told that all of the magazines ; PokerPro, WPT and Bluff had basically all gone bust and were no longer sold.

Anyone out there know if this is deffo true??

Thanks
Jonny

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Poker player pretty decent... And a certain sky TV presentor co edits it :)
  • edited July 2015
    WH Smiths still exist?
    There's a blast from the past! (haven't been to 'the high street' for about 10 years haha)

I think I read on the Twitters that BLUFF recently went.

• edited July 2015
     Poker Player is online only, WPT quietly ceased to be in December and Bluff in the US has just laid off it's staff and ceased trading, they went to online only a few months ago. Bluff Europe is totally separate and still is printed in the UK. In fact I'm past deadline to write my August column.

Inside Poker, Flush and Poker Europa all gave up a while ago. Stars have given up on print advertising and basically there are only a couple of iPoker skins and maybe one other site who still do that.

It seems like a tough gig for the mags.

I have stacks of them in my house that I never got round to reading but actually when I do get round to them I'm always impressed by the standard in almost all the magazines. I think some really good strategy is just sitting there, possibly being ignored, by a lot of people.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Poker Magazines finished??:
     Poker Player is online only, WPT quietly ceased to be in December and Bluff in the US has just laid off it's staff and ceased trading, they went to online only a few months ago. Bluff Europe is totally separate and still is printed in the UK. In fact I'm past deadline to write my August column.  Inside Poker, Flush and Poker Europa all gave up a while ago. Stars have given up on print advertising and basically there are only a couple of iPoker skins and maybe one other site who still do that.  It seems like a tough gig for the mags.  I have stacks of them in my house that I never got round to reading but actually when I do get round to them I'm always impressed by the standard in almost all the magazines. I think some really good strategy is just sitting there, possibly being ignored, by a lot of people.
    Posted by NChanning
    Thanks for the info Neil. I agree there were some pretty great articles in them (certainly poker player and WP the ones I used to read).

Guess I will have to make do with internet versions then!
  • edited July 2015
    Yeah, like the highstreet shop, everyone is going to couch shopping and lifestyles. It's still a great read on PAD and can find mags on eBay. All decent read to be fair :) 
  • edited July 2015

Inside Poker used to be my favourite before it stopped a few years ago. I've subscribed to Bluff Europe a couple of times which is also very good but they're not very good at letting you know when it is up for renewal so I lapsed.

Thankfully, a lot of the strategy articles are put on Bluff's and Poker Player's websites for free and as Neil says are well worth reading.