You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

JACKS ATTACK

Hi,
  I often gat pkt JJ and I usually 3-bet pre flop.if I get callers and the flop has 1 or 2 over cards-I often barrel bet,3 or 4 bet.I get flat called by 1 or both-thoughts please as 2 my nexI move/moves
. I seem 2 always struggle with JJ.
                                                  thanks,
                                                             JIM

Comments

• edited July 2015
    In Response to JACKS ATTACK:
    Hi,   I often gat pkt JJ and I usually 3-bet pre flop.if I get callers and the flop has 1 or 2 over cards-I often barrel bet,3 or 4 bet.I get flat called by 1 or both-thoughts please as 2 my nexI move/moves . I seem 2 always struggle with JJ.                                                   thanks,                                                              JIM
    Posted by GILLS69
    Hi jim,

Its good to see you vary your play depending on whats hitting the board and youre asking for thoughts.

If you often 3bet your JJ's and youre struggling with JJ  and your firing multiple streets , it looks like your throwing money away.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    TuckerJ37 Small blind   100.00 100.00 5820.00
    mumsie Big blind   200.00 300.00 2525.00
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

Troy855 Fold        
    jnr83 Fold        
    SHANFAM Fold        
    Frankie122 Fold        
    TuckerJ37 Call   100.00 400.00 5720.00
    mumsie Raise   400.00 800.00 2125.00
    TuckerJ37 Call   400.00 1200.00 5320.00
    Flop

• J

TuckerJ37 Bet   600.00 1800.00 4720.00
    mumsie All-in   2125.00 3925.00 0.00
    TuckerJ37 Call   1525.00 5450.00 3195.00
    TuckerJ37 Show
    • A

mumsie Show
    • J
    • J

Turn

River

• A

mumsie Win Full House, Jacks and 7s 5450.00   5450.00

• edited July 2015
    Hi Jim

For me, jj is played dependant on the usual how deep we are vs stage of mtt.

Early doors, when 40bb+ deep 3 betting always, if 3 bet I generally call and asess a flop. If in pos will play more aggro and 4 bet fold to committing 5 bet or shove. 

If mid to late stage JJ, say 20bb, looking to pull trigger or play bit faster. Pre if I am 3 bet is a simple choice of shove or fold for me depending if you feel have edge on the table.

15bb or less I am getting it all in either pre or on flop, unless pig of a board like aqx.

A lot of people over rate JJ. I will, in general, play JJ v close to way I play 10's through a mtt. Problem can be in getting married to the hand. I think your right in playing it aggro, but if get too much resistance on a AKx board is now just 3rd pair and a simple fold. 

When just one over, putting pressure on can work, but effectively turning jj into a bluff.

If you ever solve the mystery of how to play jj let me know, could make a lot of money answering that question :)

Run well
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: JACKS ATTACK:
    Hi Jim For me, jj is played dependant on the usual how deep we are vs stage of mtt. Early doors, when 40bb+ deep 3 betting always, if 3 bet I generally call and asess a flop. If in pos will play more aggro and 4 bet fold to committing 5 bet or shove.  If mid to late stage JJ, say 20bb, looking to pull trigger or play bit faster. Pre if I am 3 bet is a simple choice of shove or fold for me depending if you feel have edge on the table. 15bb or less I am getting it all in either pre or on flop, unless pig of a board like aqx. A lot of people over rate JJ. I will, in general, play JJ v close to way I play 10's through a mtt. Problem can be in getting married to the hand. I think your right in playing it aggro, but if get too much resistance on a AKx board is now just 3rd pair and a simple fold.  When just one over, putting pressure on can work, but effectively turning jj into a bluff. If you ever solve the mystery of how to play jj let me know, could make a lot of money answering that question :) Run well
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Ta Nuggy,
                  Ive had the same scenario in many situations(position,stack and opponent/opponents)Thanks for your breakdown of JJ handling.I ll write a best -seller if I can be worked out in a set fashion.A pox on JJ-hee
                                                                                                                                        Jim