You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Main event now a £12k?

edited July 2015 in Poker Chat
Is this change on a Sunday permanent or just a change for this week? Dropping an already small Sunday major by 1/5 of its prize pool really disappoints me. Surely there are ways to get 150 players each week. How about having a £26 sattie to it every night that guarantees 3 seats? With guarantee I'm sure you could get the 14 or 15 players needed to not have an overlay. It just really sucks to see prize pools shrinking all the time :(

Comments

• edited July 2015
    In Response to Main event now a £12k?:
    Is this change on a Sunday permanent or just a change for this week? Dropping an already small Sunday major by 1/5 of its prize pool really disappoints me. Surely there are ways to get 150 players each week. How about having a £26 sattie to it every night that guarantees 3 seats? With guarantee I'm sure you could get the 14 or 15 players needed to not have an overlay. It just really sucks to see prize pools shrinking all the time :(
    Posted by ozzieowen
    It didn't reach the £15k guarentee last week, so its just a simple business decision. It's a shame 
  • edited July 2015
    Sure with the weather this Sunday it would have reached £15k!
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Main event now a £12k?:
    Sure with the weather this Sunday it would have reached £15k!
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Yeah im hoping its just a temporary thing and will increase again after the summer at least.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Main event now a £12k? : Yeah im hoping its just a temporary thing and will increase again after the summer at least.
    Posted by ozzieowen
    I'm sure it will go back up in due course. It has been struggling to get near 150 runners for a few weeks now, so can't begrudge Sky for dropping it by a couple K.

Still worth winning ;)
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Main event now a £12k?:
    Posted by ozzieowen
    Hi Ozzie,

No, the change is just for seasonal reasons. All the big MTT's on Sky Poker have reduced guarantees in the summer, or increased guarantees in the winter, depending how you look at it. This has been the case ever since Sky Poker began, back in 2007, & it will continue to be the case in every future year.

All European facing poker site have the same issue, online poker is seasonal & there is nothing anyone can do about that.

We are now at the nut worst time of the year for a European online poker site - July & August. Come September, the traffic starts to improve, & guarantees go back up. Next April or May, they will start to reduce again. It was, & will always, be so.

Incidentally, it is not the prize pools that necessarily reduce, it is the guarantees. Last night's renewal, despite having the Guarantee reduced to £12,000, still made £15,000 (exactly).

I very much doubt the Guarantees will go back up until September, that's just the way Online poker works on this part of the world.

• edited July 2015

Incidentally, the Promo page usually makes these Guarantees known in advance, HERE
  • edited July 2015
    Hi all,

Yes it was a shame we had to reduce the guarantee this weekend but we had been struggling to hit it for a few weeks now. Typically it hit £15k exactly as Tikay said! It's not a permanent reduction - we will be looking at making changes to satellites instead of lowering the guarantee.

Cheers

Dan
  • edited July 2015
    Please, please, please can we have SnG sats! Please!!!!

• edited July 2015
    Good to see the reduction isnt permanent and next week we are back to the £15k guarantee!
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Main event now a £12k? : Hi Ozzie, No, the change is just for seasonal reasons. All the big MTT's on Sky Poker have reduced guarantees in the summer, or increased guarantees in the winter, depending how you look at it. This has been the case ever since Sky Poker began, back in 2007, & it will continue to be the case in every future year.   All European facing poker site have the same issue, online poker is seasonal & there is nothing anyone can do about that.   We are now at the nut worst time of the year for a European online poker site - July & August. Come September, the traffic starts to improve, & guarantees go back up. Next April or May, they will start to reduce again. It was, & will always, be so.   Incidentally, it is not the prize pools that necessarily reduce, it is the guarantees. Last night's renewal, despite having the Guarantee reduced to £12,000, still made £15,000 (exactly).   I very much doubt the Guarantees will go back up until September, that's just the way Online poker works on this part of the world.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for the reply :) Only been playing a lot on sky for about a year so wasn't aware of the seasonal changes.
  • edited July 2015
    Please, please, please can we have SnG sats! Please!!!!
    Posted by CraigSG1
    This is a great idea and i think it would be fairly easy to introduce, just add another tab along the sit and go filter buttons saying satellites. 
    Im absolutely convinced you would get loads of people playing these, i know i would. Only issue i can see if that you would need to be able to save up tokens to be able to play the next level sat at convienient times and youve had a little bit of an issue introducing the weekly bonus tokens  so may have same issue here. 
  • edited July 2015
    I've only played the Sunday main twice. Main reason is I don't like being up late on a school night and also because there's a lack of sats. 

I can stomach being tired at work every Monday if it's only cost me between £12-£25 to get a seat. Midweek sats would be great. 

£22 sng 6 max sats or £11 12 runner sats running constantly would be great and a sure fire way of getting 150 plus runners for the main on Sunday. 
  • edited July 2015
    Yeah SnG satellites have been suggested for yearsss, and I still don't know why they aren't here. I assume there must be some reason cos from the outside it seems like a total no brainer to have them.