You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Late entry into BH tournaments

edited July 2015 in Poker Chat
I suspect I already know the answer but clarification would be great.

Is there a minimum number of players in a tourny before late entry is allowed?

The reason I ask is - I often I fancy a BH game and see that the one I want to play in starts in half an hour.
At this point there are usually only 2 or 3 players registered.
So I get on with something else and come back 30 mins later (often just 1 minute after it has started and can't register)

I have noticed it seems to be when the number of players is low (less than 20)

Is it because it would be an unfair advantage to join with full chips after it has been running a while?

Comments

• edited July 2015
    I might be wrong but I thought all MTTs had late reg albeit the length of LR varies between tournaments.
  • edited July 2015
    Most but not all tournies have late reg. The lobby will tell you whether it does or not, also late reg might be only for a short period like 9 mins. The tournament late reg ends when you are down to paying places even if it is still late reg as it would be unfair on someone who floded their last few hands to get to the money and now have someone join in. Looking at the lobby I suspect you are trying to join some speed B/Hunters which appear to not have late reg.
  • edited July 2015
    Looks like you are right..... will have to look sharp the next time :)
  • edited July 2015
    some of the 2.30 bh's earlier on in the day dont have late reg
  • edited July 2015
    The size of  the field is irrelevant as long as the tourney is still in late reg you can join. If you tried to reg during seating it might not have worked but it's usually fine after a minute or so when you click back on it. As far as I'm aware most tournaments on sky allow late registration. 
  • edited July 2015
    Iv'e watched the £2.30 tourneys and they dissapear as soon as they start with no late entry.... not even by refreshing the screen.
    These are usually in the morning
  • edited July 2015
    Iv'e watched the £2.30 tourneys and they dissapear as soon as they start with no late entry.... not even by refreshing the screen.
    These are usually in the morning