You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WON A UKPC SEAT BUT!...

edited July 2015 in Poker Chat
Tonight i was able to win the UKPC seat in a freeroll worth £550 but due to personal reasons i consequently am unable to attend. I believe there was an ipad Air offered to first place winners before or a cash alternative for the same tournament. I know its a long shot but could i be messaged and maybe get something sorted.
Thanks, sean!

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Nope, there's no cash alternative unfortunately. Sky advises not to enter these satellites/freeroll if you can't make the tournament. If you reached HU and knew you couldn't go, you should just have sat out and lost on purpose.
  • edited July 2015
    Hi, well done :)

Speak with customer care.

You WILL get a phone call from sky asking to confirm if going or not.  Speak with them then. 

As for being HU. No way, go for win as extra cash! Prob be offered to second anyway.

Glgl

Ps I Would go if can. I can't wait going to be great
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: WON A UKPC SEAT BUT!...:
    Hi, well done :) Speak with customer care. You WILL get a phone call from sky asking to confirm if going or not.  Speak with them then.  As for being HU. No way, go for win as extra cash! Prob be offered to second anyway. Glgl Ps I Would go if can. I can't wait going to be great
    Posted by Nuggy962
    It's not extra cash if you can't go since there is no prize alternative. 

If you have won a seat and then later on have some personal reasons for not being able to make it then Sky can be accomodating but from OP it looks like you have won the seat when you knew you couldn't go in the first place. 
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: WON A UKPC SEAT BUT!... : It's not extra cash if you can't go since there is no prize alternative.  If you have won a seat and then later on have some personal reasons for not being able to make it then Sky can be accomodating but from OP it looks like you have won the seat when you knew you couldn't go in the first place. 
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

From OP seems the place was from the rewards fr not the ukpc fr so there is extra money to go for if 1st. with only 1 seat in a 1000+ field makes sense that there will be plenty of entrants going for free money who may not be able to go to the ukpc.

• edited July 2015
    If u win multiple packages can you change the name on one of them?
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: WON A UKPC SEAT BUT!... : It's not extra cash if you can't go since there is no prize alternative.  If you have won a seat and then later on have some personal reasons for not being able to make it then Sky can be accomodating but from OP it looks like you have won the seat when you knew you couldn't go in the first place. 
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Yeah cash was £40 more as was freerole (rewards)

+1 on second part. 
  • edited July 2015
    Hi Sean,

Congratulations on your 1st place finish, it's a shame that you can't make the UKPC. You would have had a blast. :)

Unfortunately there is no cash alternative for the UKPC seat, we do advise that everyone intending to play the Freerolls do so with the intention of making the trip should they win. We need to get bums on seats basically.

A member of the team will be in touch shortly to clarify, although if you are unable to attend your seat will be awarded to 2nd place, with no other prize offered I'm afraid. 

Hope you can sort something and attend.

Kind Regard
    Sky Kirsty
  • edited July 2015
    Hi Sean, Congratulations on your 1st place finish, it's a shame that you can't make the UKPC. You would have had a blast. :) Unfortunately there is no cash alternative for the UKPC seat, we do advise that everyone intending to play the Freerolls do so with the intention of making the trip should they win. We need to get bums on seats basically. A member of the team will be in touch shortly to clarify, although if you are unable to attend your seat will be awarded to 2nd place, with no other prize offered I'm afraid.  Hope you can sort something and attend. Kind Regard Sky Kirsty
    Posted by SkyKirsty
    Dont really agree with this

These Freerolls replaced the rewards scheme. These are now part of your rewards, so if you earn your 50pts of course play them. If you cant go to the ukpc just give it to 2nd place. 

PS The new rewards have actually worked out better for me as i am winning more playing these Freerolls as i would in rake back.
  • edited July 2015
    Hi Sean, Congratulations on your 1st place finish, it's a shame that you can't make the UKPC. You would have had a blast. :) Unfortunately there is no cash alternative for the UKPC seat, we do advise that everyone intending to play the Freerolls do so with the intention of making the trip should they win. We need to get bums on seats basically. A member of the team will be in touch shortly to clarify, although if you are unable to attend your seat will be awarded to 2nd place, with no other prize offered I'm afraid.  Hope you can sort something and attend. Kind Regard Sky Kirsty
    Posted by SkyKirsty

Could they sell the seat to me?

• edited July 2015
    Posted by SkyKirsty
    dont put them in the rewards fr prizes are better for poeple who cannot make ukpc, imo
  • edited July 2015
    surely u can sale your seat to some 1 that wants to go i won a seat before and i sold my seat to a reg
  • edited July 2015
    Does anyone know if you can transfer / sell a seat to another player? I also won one in a reward freeroll and its unlikely I will be able to take the time off work.  
  • edited July 2015
    Does anyone know if you can transfer / sell a seat to another player? I also won one in a reward freeroll and its unlikely I will be able to take the time off work.  
    Posted by GUESTY94
    I'm afraid not, if you cannot attend the seat will be awarded to second place as previously advised by Kirsty.
  • edited July 2015
    Thats a shame, its pretty harsh having to give it up after winning a tournament to earn it.  Please can you arrange giving the entry to 2nd place then as I can't commit to playing it and it would be a shame to take the chance away from someone else.
  • edited July 2015
    Posted by SkyKirsty
    What happens if you win a seat after qualifying?
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: WON A UKPC SEAT BUT!... : What happens if you win a seat after qualifying?
    Posted by wynne1938
    it goes to 2nd place
  • edited July 2015
    Soooooo if we play the rewards freeroll at 7.30pm, but have no intention of going to UKPC. Does that mean we may as well not play, or is there cash spots for 2nd place etc?
  • edited July 2015
    Soooooo if we play the rewards freeroll at 7.30pm, but have no intention of going to UKPC. Does that mean we may as well not play, or is there cash spots for 2nd place etc?
    Posted by smileychop
    There are cash prizes in addition to the current offer of a £550 UKPC Seat to the winner.

The cash prizes usually go down to about 300th place.
  • edited July 2015
    Posted by smileychop
    The rewards FR have a prizefund of £1000, the up top prize is EXTRA as were the ipad airs......
  • edited July 2015
    Thanks Tikay & Hendrik,

I can't see the problem people have with the extra prize then. If you cant go to the UKPC just play for 1st place cash, and 2nd place can have the UKPC ticket.

Everyones a winner. :)

Unfortunately, I'm one of those who can't go... I'm going skydiving on the Friday with my mammy. (not even joking)

I'm hoping she's gonna hold my hand all the way down.