You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Playing through a Smart TV?

edited July 2015 in Poker Chat
Has anyone tried it ?
Does it work?

I have a new Samsung Smart TV, connected to WiFi and can access Sky Poker through the browser.
I loaded a cash table just to see if it worked and it did but i didn't sit in, just watched it for a few minutes.

The TV has an infra-red pointer thingy so should be able to sit on sofa and play :-)

May try a game later.
*Edit*
Just found out i can have PiP as well so can watch telly at same time.

Comments

• edited July 2015
    In Response to Playing through a Smart TV?:
    Has anyone tried it ? Does it work? I have a new Samsung Smart TV, connected to WiFi and can access Sky Poker through the browser. I loaded a cash table just to see if it worked and it did but i didn't sit in, just watched it for a few minutes. The TV has an infra-red pointer thingy so should be able to sit on sofa and play :-) May try a game later. *Edit* Just found out i can have PiP as well so can watch telly at same time.
    Posted by VespaPX

Very interesting.
  • edited July 2015
    What model number? 
  • edited July 2015
    Has anyone tried it ? Does it work? I have a new Samsung Smart TV, connected to WiFi and can access Sky Poker through the browser. I loaded a cash table just to see if it worked and it did but i didn't sit in, just watched it for a few minutes. The TV has an infra-red pointer thingy so should be able to sit on sofa and play :-) May try a game later. *Edit* Just found out i can have PiP as well so can watch telly at same time.
    Posted by VespaPX
    I've had one for a while but can never get on it! as either son or daughters watching you tube stuff..............keep on forgetting can use it for different stuff other than you tube...........lol
  • edited July 2015
    Posted by VespaPX
    I have a smart TV as well and find the pointer to be a bit slow to respond at times so would be wary about playing poker on it as you could end up getting timed out before you can act .
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Playing through a Smart TV?:
    What model number? 
    Posted by GELDY
    Hi Gelders
    Its a 40" H6670ST

Found a small technical glitch last night...............wife wouldn't let go of the remote !
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Playing through a Smart TV? : I have a smart TV as well and find the pointer to be a bit slow to respond at times so would be wary about playing poker on it as you could end up getting timed out before you can act .
    Posted by GEO68
    Cant you plug a wireless keyboard and mouse into telly too??

Lmao Vespa............love it.....I have that problem with the kids..........
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Playing through a Smart TV? : Hi Gelders Its a 40" H6670ST Found a small technical glitch last night...............wife wouldn't let go of the remote !
    Posted by VespaPX
    Take it back to the shop.

Maybe the TV as well.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Playing through a Smart TV? : Cant you plug a wireless keyboard and mouse into telly too?? Lmao Vespa............love it.....I have that problem with the kids..........
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Erm .. i'm no tech geek but if you had to plug it in, it wouldn't be wireless? :-0)

• edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Playing through a Smart TV? : Erm .. i'm no tech geek but if you had to plug it in, it wouldn't be wireless? :-0)
    Posted by VespaPX
    Am sure you got my drift :P lol
  • edited July 2015
    I tried it once but can only single table and it was a bit fiddly using the remote. I've never done it again so I suppose that gives you a clue what I thought about it.