You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Interesting hand, thorts please!!

OMahonyO Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £48.52
tim-all-in Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £10.56
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • K

mrparish82 Fold     
villain Call  £0.50 £1.25 £97.03
dantb10 Raise  £2.50 £3.75 £112.06
OMahonyO Fold     
tim-all-in Fold     
villain Call  £2.00 £5.75 £95.03
Flop

• K

villain Check     
dantb10 Bet  £4.31 £10.06 £107.75
villainCall  £4.31 £14.37 £90.72
Turn

• Q

villain Check     
dantb10 Bet  £10.78 £25.15 £96.97
villain Call  £10.78 £35.93 £79.94
River

villain Bet  £35.93 £71.86 £44.01
dantb10 Fold     
villain Muck     
villain Win  £70.07  £114.08

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Im not used to playing these limits, just wondered what everyone thort.

Villain is loose, calls oop all day long, a real station. In previous spots just check calls with top pair or even second pair.
  • edited January 2010
    i like the fold, difficult spot though...

his shove on the river may as well be a checkraise on the turn, to which you're probably folding.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Interesting hand, thorts please!!:
    Im not used to playing these limits, just wondered what everyone thort. Villain is loose, calls oop all day long, a real station. In previous spots just check calls with top pair or even second pair.
    Posted by dantb10
    you got no idea what hes up2 and prolly nor does he lol hes either got it or he aint so its 50/50 you folded because you know you can get a better spot to take his money....ok maybe not 50/50
  • edited January 2010
    doesnt seem like the type of board he would bluff at/lead with a weaker hand on. nice fold.
  • edited January 2010

Do you value bet river if he checks to you?

• edited January 2010
    hard one this dan u have top 2 pair hes come over the top of u got the flush or hes representing it  think i would have done the same and folded
  • edited January 2010
    I think the most important thing to think about is with raising it up 5X BB then what kind of hands do you still put the villian on pre flop. With your description of him well he could quite easily be playing loose. After the flop if he was playing loose he could have easily picked up the draw therefore with him being a station he will not be going anywhere.

Q on the turn is quite possibly a blank for him but gives you 2 pair, but he is not going anywhere if he is on that draw.

The river is the worst card for you as it puts a straight possibility on the board, all i can say is well spotted and well folded personally I would have found it hard to lay that down but checking it through and with your description about him its a perfect lay down in my eyes, if he didn't have something I couldn't have seen him bet out the river

Spike2120
  • edited January 2010

I like the fold. Even given your impression of the Villain, I doubt he's bluffing here more than 20% of the time. If he had 10 J on the flop he had a double gutter which hit the turn and paired your second card. I also doubt he's shove value betting a worse two pair so we can discount that. To be honest I would of played it exactly the same.

Browndog
  • edited January 2010
    An annoying fold where I grumble as I click the button. 
  • edited January 2010
    standard, you beat nothing in his value range and every flopped draw (OESD+) complete's.