You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Run it Up

edited August 2015 in Poker Chat
I am currently in a bit of a rut in regards not really wanting to play poker online so I have hardly played over the last few months. 

The strange thing is I still love watching/reading about all things poker and I have started watching Jason Sommervilles Run it Up Youtube channel. I quite enjoy watching these and I was wondering if anyone else has seen them and if so, what are your thoughts on the content? I really enjoyed the ones with Scott Seiver and wished they were longer as I enjoyed listening to his thought process.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for any poker related you tube videos that are worth a watch?

Comments

• edited August 2015
    Hi dabossman, I've just started watching these YouTube videos in the last week or so after being impressed with Jason's analysis on an old PokerStars livestream video.

I prefer his tourney vids as that's what I mainly play. I've been amazed at how wide he often opens and seems to c-bet about 99% of hands yet can just run over the table. He also runs pretty well which obv helps! I think they are helping me to be less tight (although his style didn't quite work out when I tried to adopt it the other day lol).

I can't watch Sky since the channel moved to Sky Sports so these vids are probably the next best thing.

• edited August 2015
    I suscribed to his YT channel a couple years back after watching a fair few vids and liking them, but not really watched him recently at all - think he does more twitch these days tho?
  • edited August 2015
    I assume you have seen 2months 2 million? if not its a must watch 6 part series

The micros series is pretty hillarious for a lighter view on poker

also watch nosebleed!!
  • edited August 2015
    @Payney - Yeah he does have an interesting style. When he talks his thought process through you sit thinking I can do that.....sadly that is not the case :)

I had only heard about his channel when I watched the mini one drop MTT from this years WSOP and thought I would check it out.

@Ivan - I think he mixes it up between Youtube and Twitch. I have never used Twitch so I dont know whatit is all about.

@Isover4u - Thanks for the extra watches. I had not seen 2months 2 million before and started watching last night. I gave up watching all the reality stuff and watched the toned down poker bits video. It was interesting to see the amount of beats the guys took. Sometimes you think the poker gods are out to get you and here are these guys playing for some serious money and they keep getting sucked out on. Dont know how I would feel being down 250K in one session....yikes!!
  • edited August 2015
    It's a fantastic series, highly recommended, I've been watching from when it started, live whenever possible. All the most recent stuff is on Twitch. There must be hundreds on hours on there.
  • edited August 2015
    I saw this thread and decided to jump on youtube and the website see some videos. I must say I have enjoyed the videos a lot and especially the ones where he has some top quality pros beside him,defo worth watching imo.
  • edited August 2015
    I've watched it more or less from the start too. He's funny. And good. Funny and good's good. 
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Run it Up:
    I've watched it more or less from the start too. He's funny. And good. Funny and good's good. 
    Posted by SR23
    Big fan of Jason. I subscribe to his channel on Twitch it costs me £3 a month. I have watched all of RUN IT UP.
    His biggest influence in poker is KID POKER when they were instructors at poker VT. His poker forum where he learnt most of his skills includes Steve O Dwyer, Vivek Rajkumar , Leo Wolpert and Max Silva. Some stable that is. This is the best video I have seen him do recently http://www.wsop.com/videos/?vid=326  takes about eight hours all in all but very good analysis, Poker Gold for all who want to learn.
    Good luck folks
    Danny  
  • edited August 2015
    I read today that Somerville has signed a new two year deal with Twitch and that Run It Up daily streams will return on August 16th :)
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Run it Up:
    In Response to Re: Run it Up : Big fan of Jason. I subscribe to his channel on Twitch it costs me £3 a month. I have watched all of RUN IT UP. His biggest influence in poker is KID POKER when they were instructors at poker VT. His poker forum where he learnt most of his skills includes Steve O Dwyer, Vivek Rajkumar , Leo Wolpert and Max Silva. Some stable that is. This is the best video I have seen him do recently http://www.wsop.com/videos/?vid=326   takes about eight hours all in all but very good analysis, Poker Gold for all who want to learn. Good luck folks Danny  
    Posted by mcglynn07
    tyvm for the link. will have it on in the background when playing later this evening.