You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

marleyin01 this is for you..

edited August 2015 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
OiOiBIGAL Small blind   15.00 15.00 1945.00
LilDevil Big blind   30.00 45.00 2025.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

kelly12507 Fold        
marleyin01 Raise   75.00 120.00 1980.00
safcred Fold        
RLT16 Raise   225.00 345.00 1720.00
OiOiBIGAL Fold        
LilDevil All-in   2025.00 2370.00 0.00
marleyin01 Fold        
RLT16 Fold        
LilDevil Muck        
LilDevil Win   540.00   540.00
LilDevil Return   1830.00 0.00 2370.00

Comments

• edited August 2015
    while this is here, any dym regs disagree with this fold? felt his shove over two raises gave him a super strong range of AK, AQ and 10's and higher. figured there would be better spots to get my money in
  • edited August 2015
    Yes fold. You should be crushed.

And you don't want to be playing for stacks LVL 2.

Survival is the aim .
  • edited August 2015
    told them in chat it was qq and a fold and they all went nuts was quite funny :)
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: marleyin01 this is for you..:
    told them in chat it was qq and a fold and they all went nuts was quite funny :)
    Posted by RLT16
    your forgetting to mention it was a hyper agres player who only went all inn because I had raised him again and I would never have folded this hand to that player.i also apoligise for not believing you ,and remember to no your player he had pocket 8s at best in my opinion
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: marleyin01 this is for you.. : your forgetting to mention it was a hyper agres player who only went all inn because I had raised him again and I would never have folded this hand to that player.i also apoligise for not believing you ,and remember to no your player he had pocket 8s at best in my opinion
    Posted by marleyin01
    This is a valid read, I would make a note about the player type in his notes. If this was a cash game, Im calling all day.
    But this being a DYM , things differ.

If we  call the shove.

There are  2  outcomes (forget the chop).

1- We lose and we are out. Whether he sucks out on us or he had us beat any way , but we're still out .

2- We win , we  double up chips , nice,  were still in it, but we havent reached the final 3 yet. So we still havent won it.

If we fold .

1- We are still in it , weve still got 1720 chips and the blinds are only 30. So were not crippled.

DYMs are about surviving until the last 3. To be sucessful at DYMs you make choices that edge you towards this.

The Super aggr chap?

Let someone else call his shoves at this low level, because when someone does. One gets eliminated, and youre one step closer.

• edited August 2015
    first time ive played him and only been sat with him 5 minutes and hadnt come accross as that aggro, certainly hadnt made any plays like this yet
  • edited August 2015
    I don't play DYMs so wont discuss the folding to the jam part of things but why raise?
  • edited August 2015
    I don't play DYMs so wont discuss the folding to the jam part of things but why raise?
    Posted by MattBates
    i dont know if ive ever just called with queens :/

i had some reads on marley, which i wont post for obvious reasons.

but in raising im hoping to isolate the pot to just me and him and after he puts in the raise to 75 id expect a call.

may i ask matt what you would do in this situation and why? im assuming you would flat call but i dont really see why when you've got such a strong hand in QQ
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: marleyin01 this is for you.. : i dont know if ive ever just called with queens :/ i had some reads on marley, which i wont post for obvious reasons. but in raising im hoping to isolate the pot to just me and him and after he puts in the raise to 75 id expect a call. may i ask matt what you would do in this situation and why? im assuming you would flat call but i dont really see why when you've got such a strong hand in QQ
    Posted by RLT16
    I would 3b call. If we are 3b folding we are turning our hand into a bluff unless we believe they are only shoving worse and if they are we can exploit them by 3b wider as we will get folds very often.
  • edited August 2015
    RLT

If i have scope open i would quickly use it as i dont play many tables. You may not be able to do this as you may have more tables open. If i like what i see i call. So many times i see 77, 88, 99, 1010 in this spot.

I can understand why you folded, notes help. I have folded QQ many times against good players. Just knowing they have KK, AA.

Just calling isnt that bad as we get to see the flop and then we can reasses. 

The other day i had KK and very good player raised and i 3 bet he shoved. I wanted to fold in my head i said fold fold fold fold. I call he has AA. In my head i knew it. 
  • edited August 2015
    I think the fold is fine, i think the 3 bet is fine, but id probably go with the call myself... Matt is right with what he says, i think 90% of the time when you are 3 betting in the first few levels of dyms then you should be 3betting to get it in.. 

but what you need to take into account is how good are the people you are playing?, if you dont think they are all that then im sure you can find a lot better spots to get chips. if you are up against very good dym players then sometimes you have to take these risks
  • edited August 2015
    I dunno, I know the standard thing is not to 3b value hands if your not willing to get them in but when against bad players that will raise/call a number of worse hands but only ever 4b with QQ+ and AK then it doesn't really make sense not to 3b QQ.