You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Satellites - What Changes Would You Like To See?

13»

Comments

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Satellites - What Changes Would You Like To See?:
    Introduce sats for the Roller much earlier. Would like to see them running all week from the Monday.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Totally agree with this harry i think sats for the roller should be available all week not just at the weekend...
  • edited August 2015
    15K roller sat for £2.20. 1 seat guaranteed.

I don't recall seeing a min number of players, is this normal cancelling at the last minute?
  • edited August 2015
    15K roller sat for £2.20. 1 seat guaranteed. I don't recall seeing a min number of players, is this normal cancelling at the last minute?
    Posted by suzy666
    I was about to enter this sat at the last minute.
    Lobby flashed up cancelled  (9 runners regged) no mention in lobby of min 10 runners.

Regards Alan (disappointed plo8 champ) 

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Satellites - What Changes Would You Like To See? : Totally agree with this harry i think sats for the roller should be available all week not just at the weekend...
    Posted by neil1970
    Makes sense even more at this time of year with the football season back up and running. Plenty of people will be down the boozer on a Sunday watching the football from 12/1 through til 6/7 and will miss the bulk of sats, or won't be in a state to play any when they get home ;)

But if there were sats running through the week, people can (try) lock up their seat whenever suits well in advance of Sunday.

If Sky are worried about overlay, just have the £24s and the fiver feeders guaranteeing one seat but on the condition it only runs with a minimum of 5 people regged from the off (obv make this clear in the tourney description).
  • edited August 2015
    sit and goes 

24 quid

winner gets seat 2nd gets money back

and feeders where u get a 24quid token i would certainly try a few of the feeders to get a 24 quid token and perhaps use it for one of the semis
  • edited August 2015
    Have a list of active sats to the target event in the lobby of said target event, allowing quick access to the lobby of those sats.

Great practical use, ease for people who wish to sat in and shouldn't take too much coding.
  • edited August 2015
    Like many players I have a limited BR and would love the chance to play some of the main events but can't afford to. Every now and again I try some of the All-IN sats (must have one of worst success rates ever!) but I would definitely play a S&G to win enty into a bigger event.

Would software allow you to have a £2.20 S&G where the winner got a £10 tournament token and the runner-up got a £2 token and then you could also have a £5.50 S&G where it was a winner takes all £30 tournament token (or 3x£10 tokens) or the winner wins 2x£10 tokens and the runner-up a £10 token.. Equally for players with bigger BR's why not have a £10 S&G where you can the winner could win a £55 token and the runner-up a £5 token. The point of these tournaments is that you could collect tokens to use at a time convenient to you.

For instance I like the idea of entering the main event Thusday £33 BH at 8pm but if I am work / have other commitments on a Thursday I cant play any of the current satellites. But if these non-specific Tournament token S&Gs were available all the time in the lobby I could try and accumulate tokens at times of the week I can play and then use them to buy in to the Thusday £33BH. 

I suggested something on the following lines AGES ago as did other people but maybe the software could cope with it now. It gives people more flexibility...I think it's worth looking into.
  • edited August 2015
    Like many players I have a limited BR and would love the chance to play some of the main events but can't afford to. Every now and again I try some of the All-IN sats (must have one of worst success rates ever!) but I would definitely play a S&G to win enty into a bigger event. Would software allow you to have a £2.20 S&G where the winner got a £10 tournament token and the runner-up got a £2 token and then you could also have a £5.50 S&G where it was a winner takes all £30 tournament token (or 3x£10 tokens) or the winner wins 2x£10 tokens and the runner-up a £10 token.. Equally for players with bigger BR's why not have a £10 S&G where you can the winner could win a £55 token and the runner-up a £5 token. The point of these tournaments is that you could collect tokens to use at a time convenient to you. For instance I like the idea of entering the main event Thusday £33 BH at 8pm but if I am work / have other commitments on a Thursday I cant play any of the current satellites. But if these non-specific Tournament token S&Gs were available all the time in the lobby I could try and accumulate tokens at times of the week I can play and then use them to buy in to the Thusday £33BH.  I suggested something on the following lines AGES ago as did other people but maybe the software could cope with it now. It gives people more flexibility...I think it's worth looking into.
    Posted by Brrrrrrr