You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKPC - I wondered why are people that have qualified for Notts are still playing the sats

edited August 2015 in Poker Chat
Hi, 

Just a question as if a player has already qualified for Nottingham I wondered why they continue to play in the sats, qtr, semi and final? 

Do they get to keep cash from the additional wins as I doubt you can qualify twice.

Many thanks

Debs

Comments

• edited August 2015
    In Response to UKPC - I wondered why are people that have qualified for Notts are still playing the sats:
    Hi,  Just a question as if a player has already qualified for Nottingham I wondered why they continue to play in the sats, qtr, semi and final?  Do they get to keep cash from the additional wins as I doubt you can qualify twice. Many thanks Debs
    Posted by debscom18
    Yes-subsequent wins are cash. This is Sky's choice, as there are actually 4 or 5 Day 1's. I have always enjoyed sats.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to UKPC - I wondered why are people that have qualified for Notts are still playing the sats:
    Hi,  Just a question as if a player has already qualified for Nottingham I wondered why they continue to play in the sats, qtr, semi and final?  Do they get to keep cash from the additional wins as I doubt you can qualify twice. Many thanks Debs
    Posted by debscom18
    I play to make up numbers lol can't cash in em to save my life........
  • edited August 2015
    I play for the £££££££££££££
  • edited August 2015
    I joined a table and witnessed a UKPC seat winner getting abused, because they were in a UKPC freeroll.

The Abused took it in good humour so no harm was done.

Im got the tailend of the convo so its not all here and some of it had scrolled off screen.

Names changed to abide by Sky rules.
    the abused: i know there's not only me that's got a seat that goes and does multiple tournies for cash  
    the abused: really ### you think what you want m8  

####: go away u grabber  
    the abused: you will tilt before i ever do  
    mumsie: lol,,grabber  
    ####: grab grab grab  
    the abused: ooooh i love grabbing bu/ms  

####: mumsie u want my chips  
    mumsie: hmm,,yes and no  
    19:28  
    the abused: made me more determined to try and take it down now  
    19:29####: cant stand to be on same table grabber  
    the abused: what's up anyone can play its a free roll get over yourself  
    ####: grab the grabber thats ur new name in future  
    the abused: omg is that the best you can come up with........roflmao  
    mumsie: this is proper school yard stuff  
    the abused: it is isn't it mumsie  
    19:31the abused: am sat here lauging my head off cos it's pathetic  
    mumsie: immcopy and pasting this..hilarious  
    ####: poople like u tick me off  
    the abused: gooooan mumsie  
  • edited August 2015

I definitely think it's a good idea for everyone that you can win further seats (money) if you've already qualified. In the Irish Open last year it wasn't possible to play anymore satellites and get cash if you won a seat, you just had to take a 2nd seat and find someone to sell it to.

That meant you couldn't get the full amount for your prize, you had the administrative headache, some people didn't play sats as they just waited to see if they could get a cheap seat at the last minute, some of the sats didn't even run because they didn't get enough players, the sats that did run had big overlays which is good for the players in the short term but has maybe led to the sponsor abandoning the event this year.

I think people have to realise that one of the reasons that the sats are so popular, fill quickly and run often is that players can play them after they have won a seat and they should just embrace that. If you miss out because someone who has already got a seat you just have to treat it as the same as losing to anyone else and be thankful that the presence of those players gives you lots more chances to win.
  • edited August 2015
    +1 to what channing said