You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Calling a 3Bet OOP- with 1 more in pot.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
louie106 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £3.14
YANEVAKNW Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £2.51
Limp/caller Big blind   £0.04 £0.10 £2.66
  Your hole cards
  • A

mumsie Raise   £0.16 £0.26 £7.26
3 Bettor Raise   £0.28 £0.54 £5.52
Limp/caller Call   £0.24 £0.78 £2.42
bobcam Fold        
louie106 Fold        
YANEVAKNW Fold        
mumsie

Comments

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Calling a 3Bet OOP- with 1 more in pot.:
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance louie106 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £3.14 YANEVAKNW Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £2.51 Limp/caller Big blind   £0.04 £0.10 £2.66   Your hole cards 10 A       mumsie Raise   £0.16 £0.26 £7.26 3 Bettor Raise   £0.28 £0.54 £5.52 Limp/caller Call   £0.24 £0.78 £2.42 bobcam Fold         louie106 Fold         YANEVAKNW Fold         mumsie
    Posted by mumsie
    Hi,

Ive got no reads or notes on opps.

Its 12p to call in a 78p pot . Do i have good enough odds to call  OOP with ATs?
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Calling a 3Bet OOP- with 1 more in pot.:
    In Response to Calling a 3Bet OOP- with 1 more in pot. : Hi, Ive got no reads or notes on opps. Its 12p to call in a 78p pot . Do i have good enough odds to call  OOP with ATs?
    Posted by mumsie
    Absolutely!
  • edited August 2015
    Yeah feel obligated to call with 6/1 immediate odds.

Always seems a bit leaky though as it can be hard to do too much post-flop, especially as lots of oppos have such small 3-bet ranges at this level.

Hard to get paid much more if you bink an obvious flush.  Easy to pay-off at least a couple of streets if you hit the ace and are dominated or hit a ten high flop/FD and have to call another bet or two.
  • edited August 2015
    Your question of calling a 3 bet OOP in this hand is an easy answer. Yes, you have the odds. You have a nut making hand (both straights and flushes) and a hand which can flop well and its incredibly cheap to call.

Had this raise been a lot bigger then you need to be more aware of playing a much bigger pot with less room to bet the streets AND being OOP. 

Just be aware that in these situations you have a definite plan of what you are looking for on the flop and how the betting goes and not to get married to 1 pair hands, even top pairs.
  • edited August 2015
    Thanks for your replies.

I did call, I liked the odds.

Flop =Ah Jh x , The limp / caller fired out near PSB, and I got out of they way,

Considering im "obligated" to call for the price im getting..

When is the price not right ?

Say were putting the min 3bettor on AK, QQ+ .

• edited August 2015
    Thanks for your replies. I did call, I liked the odds. Flop =Ah Jh x , The limp / caller fired out near PSB, and I got out of they way, Considering im "obligated" to call for the price im getting.. When is the price not right ? Say were putting the min 3bettor on AK, QQ+ .
    Posted by mumsie
    Yeah when you call here you wanna be smashing the flop, hitting 2 pair or better ideally, or of course flopping a monster draw. Good not to get carried away after flopping just top pair.

Not sure when the odds get tipped out of our favour? But in this case, even if you can see the min 3bet villain had AK for example, I think you'd still have to take a peek with a double nut maker and such a small amount to make up.
  • edited August 2015
    Thanks for your replies. I did call, I liked the odds. Flop =Ah Jh x , The limp / caller fired out near PSB, and I got out of they way, Considering im "obligated" to call for the price im getting.. When is the price not right ? Say were putting the min 3bettor on AK, QQ+ .
    Posted by mumsie

i think if you are even more obligated to call if you put them on that range because you know that if you flop 2 pair or better you are in with a great chance of scooping a big pot, also if you flop 1 pair it makes it easier to get away if there range is so tight...

in general on a cash table with a 3bet that small im never folding

if he made it 35p upwards thats when id start leaning towards a fold