You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

RLT's £5.50 DYM challange

edited March 2016 in Poker Chat
In Response to RLT's £5.50 DYM challange:
As some of you are aware I've recently been taking part in a £3.30 DYM challenge against stuarty117, spinky6108, BBmike and a few other dym regulars at that level. now that i've completed that challenge (well nearly will be done in the next hour or so). i'm going to be starting the exact same challenge at the £5.50 level. for those of you that don't know the challenge is to grind out 1000 games at that level and the person with the most wins, wins. Alot of people have said this challenge has increased their focus and has also increased their volume of play, while others have simply found it interesting to see where they are at compared to the other players in the challenge. unlike last time im going to set a start date so everyone starts on the same day (making it easier for me to track) I will be starting on 14/8/2015 so if any of you feel like joining in just leave me a message on here, or pop into any of the games im playing and just let me know, the only conditions for joining is that your sharkscope is viewable otherwise i have no way of tracking you. ive got no intention of doing this with a side bet or anything purely just for the fun and banter :) the players in so far are: RLT16 spinky6108 snuffer GL all
Posted by RLT16
And some have said 'I didn't quite realise how many games 1,000 was, wish I'd never started it's a right old grind'. :)

If I wasn't such a fan of Magnus Magnusson I'd have jacked it in by now. But I will complete it, and it might just start to get a little easier if you all move on to 5.50.

I'll not be ready to start when you do so instead if you do well here and feel sufficiently rolled to take a shot at 11 I'll happily see you there. GL with it.

Comments

• edited February 2016
    As some of you are aware I've recently been taking part in a £3.30 DYM challenge against stuarty117, spinky6108, BBmike and a few other dym regulars at that level. now that i've completed that challenge (well nearly will be done in the next hour or so). i'm going to be starting the exact same challenge at the £5.50 level. for those of you that don't know the challenge is to grind out 1000 games at that level and the person with the most wins, wins.

Alot of people have said this challenge has increased their focus and has also increased their volume of play, while others have simply found it interesting to see where they are at compared to the other players in the challenge. unlike last time im going to set a start date so everyone starts on the same day (making it easier for me to track)

I will be starting on 14/8/2015 so if any of you feel like joining in just leave me a message on here, or pop into any of the games im playing and just let me know, the only conditions for joining is that your sharkscope is viewable otherwise i have no way of tracking you.

ive got no intention of doing this with a side bet or anything purely just for the fun and banter :)

anyone else wanting to join  after 14/8/15  just add a post and i will track your results starting the day after your post.

winsLosesgames playedwin %
    thefa1lacy1041471.43
    Shanxta19612832460.49
    Stuarty11717811929759.93
    wardstar84593407100059.30
    Jockbmw26418244659.19
    Mayhem357588412100058.80
    RLT1635827363156.74
    pussyman71565435100056.50
    rareace565435100056.50
    Essexphil557443100055.70
    mikeycb715712855.47
    Spinky6108
    Lmfaoallin39632972554.62
    Pomfrittes20417738153.54
    Matel847315753.50
    mushy26412911524452.87
    Hendrik6212011023052.17
    Mat93555110651.89
    Mumsie11112250.00
    Phil12uk23254847.92
    Snuffer

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT's £5.50 DYM challange:
    In Response to RLT's £5.50 DYM challange : And some have said 'I didn't quite realise how many games 1,000 was, wish I'd never started it's a right old grind'. :) If I wasn't such a fan of Magnus Magnusson I'd have jacked it in by now. But I will complete it, and it might just start to get a little easier if you all move on to 5.50. I'll not be ready to start when you do so instead if you do well here and feel sufficiently rolled to take a shot at 11 I'll happily see you there. GL with it.
    Posted by bbMike
    Im glad  you said that BBMike, im keen to do the challlenge, but nor bankrolled (only got 111.98 sterling) , I was hoping the challenge would stay at 3:30
  • edited August 2015
    I'll jump in a few of these Lee, but it will likely take me until next Christmas to get 1000 played
  • edited August 2015
    I'll jump in a few of these Lee, but it will likely take me until next Christmas to get 1000 played
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    looking forward to seeing you on the tables, i cant play many tonight but will hopefully get off to a fast start
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT's £5.50 DYM challange : looking forward to seeing you on the tables, i cant play many tonight but will hopefully get off to a fast start
    Posted by RLT16
    Hey Lee when we starting?
  • edited August 2015
    I'll give it a go.....
  • edited August 2015
    I'll give it a go.....
    Posted by Essexphil
    welcomne to the challange, and gl :)

snuffer im tracking all results from today :)
  • edited August 2015
    I'll give it a go.....
    Posted by Essexphil
    Good luck Phil should be fun!
  • edited August 2015
    deal me in lee, wanted to get involved in your last 1 but been busy.

• edited August 2015
    deal me in lee, wanted to get involved in your last 1 but been busy.
    Posted by LmfaoAllin
    Deal me out Lee, sessions getting too tough;)
  • edited August 2015
    Ill have ago , If im under 54% for too long, ill be quitting.
  • edited August 2015
  • edited August 2015
    1/1...can i quit now with a 100% record?
  • edited August 2015
    I can't believe I'm gonna say this but.....maybe count me in? fml

Could take me a while, and I might just randomly drop out one day :)
  • edited August 2015
    I can't believe I'm gonna say this but.....maybe count me in? fml Could take me a while, and I might just randomly drop out one day :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    This has made my weekend

To top it off will be a Chelsea win on Sunday :)
  • edited August 2015
    I can't believe I'm gonna say this but.....maybe count me in? fml Could take me a while, and I might just randomly drop out one day :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Great to see regs getting involed with this, gl all.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT's £5.50 DYM challange : This has made my weekend To top it off will be a Chelsea win on Sunday :)
    Posted by stuarty117
    It's finally regiistered why Chelsea players are such big tarts always throwing themselves to the ground; that physio!

I think I'd have a never ending groin problem if I was in their starting XI.
  • edited August 2015
    brilliant. GL everyone involved :) will set up the table at some point over the weekend and add it to the original post.
  • edited August 2015
    I started off with a small session of 10 games, finishing with 8 wins. decent start :)
  • edited August 2015
    Is it too late to back out?
  • edited August 2015
    I started off with a small session of 10 games, finishing with 8 wins. decent start :)
    Posted by RLT16
    Already against the ropes 2/4 :(
  • edited August 2015
    hffty - I have only seen you play 1 dym and while I am no expert myself, I hope our early stage levelling war was just a bit of fun between us and not how you intend to play these?

dyms not my bag unless 4 cards are in front of me, and 1000 is way too much volume to commit to. So for those reaons I'm out, but I wiah you every success.
  • edited August 2015
    hffty - I have only seen you play 1 dym and while I am no expert myself, I hope our early stage levelling war was just a bit of fun between us and not how you intend to play these? dyms not my bag unless 4 cards are in front of me, and 1000 is way too much volume to commit to. So for those reaons I'm out, but I wiah you every success.
    Posted by Phantom66
    I can't even remember the hand/s! Refresh my memory, unless its terrible on my part.... ;)
  • edited August 2015
    hffty - I have only seen you play 1 dym and while I am no expert myself, I hope our early stage levelling war was just a bit of fun between us and not how you intend to play these? dyms not my bag unless 4 cards are in front of me, and 1000 is way too much volume to commit to. So for those reaons I'm out, but I wiah you every success.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Post hand please :)
  • edited August 2015
    It was last weekend during the double points promo.

About 4 raises pre and 3 post on a 2diamond raggy board. You said in chat before you folded, "do you not believe me" I said "well I dont expect you to be a total nit".

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT's £5.50 DYM challange : Post hand please :)
    Posted by Jac35
    Go away.
  • edited August 2015
    It was last weekend during the double points promo. About 4 raises pre and 3 post on a 2diamond raggy board. You said in chat before you folded, "do you not believe me" I said "well I dont expect you to be a total nit".
    Posted by Phantom66
    I might have folded AA, we'll never know ;)
  • edited August 2015
    Sorry Jac, Needle in a haystack in my hh. The only time I put in real voluuuume otherwise it would be easy to find.

PS doodoodooodo David Nuuugeeeennnnttt

PNE legend - glad he wasnt playing for boro last week. Think he has a habit of doing ok in debuts. 

edit:This post might have more relevance if boro were playing Derby not Bolton
  • edited August 2015
    Sorry Jac, Needle in a haystack in my hh. The only time I put in real voluuuume otherwise it would be easy to find. PS doodoodooodo David Nuuugeeeennnnttt PNE legend - glad he wasnt playing for boro last week. Think he has a habit of doing ok in debuts.  edit:This post might have more relevance if boro were playing Derby not Bolton
    Posted by Phantom66
    We play Boro on Tuesday night :(
    He always scores against us