You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Poker Pitstop- hands required for recording this Tuesday to go on YouTube

edited August 2015 in Poker Chat
Hello everyone. I'm recording loads more YouTube vids with Ryan this Tuesday night, in response to many of you asking for more hands from the community to be shown.

We call it...

The Poker Pitstop

..where you take a quick break from all the poker and pull into the pitlane to have our expert mechanic give you a quick tune-up before sending you on your way

Pick a hand that's been keeping you awake at night. Or a typical example of a hand where you feel there's a leak in your game.

And then, over a five minute video Ryan will walk us through the hand, played from your perspective, with all the opponents' cards covered, and without Ryan knowing what they've got in advance so you get rocksolid advice on how he would have played it and what he thinks of the way YOU played it.

It will then live forever on YouTube on our 'SkyPoker' channel, helping you and educating others forever more.

So...take a hand from one of the televised tables that you've played on over the last few weeks, (Mastercash tables, or the main/mini events every night at 8/8.30pm.

Make a note of the hand i.d. number from the hand history and post it on here, along with maybe a quick question about it e.g. Could I have played this better?Should I have bet on the turn? What do you think about my bet sizing on the river? Is this an insta-laydown on the flop? 

The more the merrier and we'll try and do them all. They should be on YouTube within a few weeks, so keep checking back to www.youtube.com/skypokerchannel

I'll post below some videos we've already done to give you an idea...

Look forward to your requests but be sure to get them in before Tuesday 6pm! :-)

Comments

• edited August 2015

Playing premium hands in position/out of position.

Two hands here. Same starting cards. Both from the MAIN  Roller 9/8/15.

Hand 1 - 

Hand History #935395738

Early on in the Tournament but I am aware opponent is an aggro player and has me covered from the start of hand. I am in position though.
    1) Should my initial pre flop raise be bigger? 
    2) Should I re raise on the flop or the turn or is flat calling at this stage ok?
    3) My blocker bet on the river may appear weak but I think with that many draws getting there (Straight, flush, full house or even an ACE x hand), I wasn't beating much but a good bluff. Maybe a check/call of a small bet would of been better in that spot on the river?

Hand 2 -

Hand History #935412497

This time I was out of position against a player who i didnt have any reads on. This time I decided to raise pre and 'go with this hand' if the flop didnt look too dangerous. I bet flop and bet bigger on turn. I think my mistake came when I shoved river, as I was only getting called by hands that were beating me (I think).
    1) Should I have bet bigger on the flop or turn bets?
    2) Again, is there a case for just check/calling the river to a small bet?

If the above is used, I am sure you can make much better sense of my questions Richard. 

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: The Poker Pitstop- hands required for recording this Tuesday to go on YouTube:
    Playing premium hands in position/out of position. Two hands here. Same starting cards. Both from the MAIN  Roller 9/8/15. Hand 1 -  Hand History #935395738 Early on in the Tournament but I am aware opponent is an aggro player and has me covered from the start of hand. I am in position though. 1) Should my initial pre flop raise be bigger?  2) Should I re raise on the flop or the turn or is flat calling at this stage ok? 3) My blocker bet on the river may appear weak but I think with that many draws getting there (Straight, flush, full house or even an ACE x hand), I wasn't beating much but a good bluff. Maybe a check/call of a small bet would of been better in that spot on the river? Hand 2 - Hand History #935412497 This time I was out of position against a player who i didnt have any reads on. This time I decided to raise pre and 'go with this hand' if the flop didnt look too dangerous. I bet flop and bet bigger on turn. I think my mistake came when I shoved river, as I was only getting called by hands that were beating me (I think). 1) Should I have bet bigger on the flop or turn bets? 2) Again, is there a case for just check/calling the river to a small bet? If the above is used, I am sure you can make much better sense of my questions Richard. 
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Not really... ;-)

Thanks Alan.

Any more everyone else?

• edited August 2015
    Hand History #935500596 (00:34 10/08/2015) one from super roller basacly is my line strong enough to get lolufold to fold an ace think he got pocket pair below an ace or maybe week ace. also bet size on end i think the half pot bet locks stronger then bigger do u agree. Hand History #934190995 (22:49 05/08/2015)  from a 9pm 50 hunter this one had me stumped for a while and one i thought about alot. think up to river play is pretty standard but i have a felling ryan was bluffing with qj type hands on end. the hands i believe he doing this for value with are a10 a9. be gd to see this one has it involves ryan.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: The Poker Pitstop- hands required for recording this Tuesday to go on YouTube:
    Hand History #935500596 (00:34 10/08/2015) one from super roller basacly is my line strong enough to get lolufold to fold an ace think he got pocket pair below an ace or maybe week ace. also bet size on end i think the half pot bet locks stronger then bigger do u agree.  Hand History #934190995 (22:49 05/08/2015)  from a 9pm 50 hunter this one had me stumped for a while and one i thought about alot. think up to river play is pretty standard but i have a felling ryan was bluffing with qj type hands on end. the hands i believe he doing this for value with are a10 a9. be gd to see this one has it involves ryan.
    Posted by rspca12
    Knew I could rely on you mate.

Any more anyone???
  • edited August 2015
    Are the ones posted in the other thread still being done too? 

Will repost just incase :p

Hi guys,

I got an interesting one (imo) from last night's Roller. It'd be great if you could have a look cos I was pretty stumped in game, I think I should probably call river in the end...

Hand History #931019252 (23:10 26/07/2015)

• edited August 2015
    Cheers Paul. As I understand it, we've already recorded yours the other week, so look out for that on YouTube in the coming weeks.

We're doing Maxally's and RSPCA's hands tonight but are happy to do more.

To everyone else- any more guys?

We're recording in about 2 hours' time.
  • edited August 2015
    I posted a hand history on the original thread was just wondering if it was getting recorded? 
  • edited August 2015
    I posted a hand history on the original thread was just wondering if it was getting recorded? 
    Posted by BigHawk89
    You had one on another time where you folded trips, dont be greedy ;)
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: The Poker Pitstop- hands required for recording this Tuesday to go on YouTube : You had one on another time where you folded trips, dont be greedy ;)
    Posted by jonnyrkd

What on YouTube I haven't seen one? Just wanting to know if it was right haha!
    EDIT: Just seen it, thanks guys. I knew he had QQ was just bugging me cause he made out in the chat box he might have made a huge bluff.
  • edited August 2015
    Hey guys,

we are recording some more Poker Pitstop later tonight, so if you have any hands for us pop the down,

hope you're good :)

A xx
  • edited August 2015
    Hi Anna,

A couple from a UKPC semi 14/08

(If they dont make the cut I won't be offended!)

Hand id 936944300

In a morre comfotable spot I would have reraised pre but I didnt want to bloat the pot and be Out Of Position v Jordz. I flop well and turn even better, did I miss value on the turn? I was torn between

a) calling and hoping the opponent had nothing and would fire on the river to a brick card and 
    b) jamming hoping they had enough to call with.

In the end due to too much dithering I panic clicked Pot without having time to work out how big that was and it must have looked super strong.

Hand Id #936919714

Should I have triple barrelled here. It felt like it should have got through but ealry on didnt seem worth risking my tournament on a bluff. In hindsght should I have given up after the flop call and saved a few chips if I wasnt going to see it through?

• edited August 2015
    I think this hand would make for good analysis and I have a little sidebet on the outcome with StayOrGo. Also great potential for you to call me a clueless nit for making too tight of a laydown.

#939136677 £55 SPEED BH.

The opponent seemed to be tight but solid. Don't think he jams Kx which doesn't have me beat and think he's more likely to flat draws than semi bluff jam. Think often he has a vulnerable better 2 pair and JT. Would be great to see it talked through.
  • edited August 2015

Morning Pit Stoppers.

We will be recording one or two more of these his evening, so if you have an interesting hand that merits analysis, post it on this threads please.

The hands MUST be from either a MasterCash table, or from a Main or Mini MTT.

Thank you.
  • edited August 2015
    Morning Pit Stoppers.   We will be recording one or two more of these his evening, so if you have an interesting hand that merits analysis, post it on this threads please. The hands MUST be from either a MasterCash table, or from a Main or Mini MTT.   Thank you.
    Posted by Tikay10

So not any table with a TV symbol then?

e.g. Some SNGs, other tourneys like UKPC Semis and Finals

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: The Poker Pitstop- hands required for recording this Tuesday to go on YouTube : So not any table with a TV symbol then? e.g. Some SNGs, other tourneys like UKPC Semis and Finals
    Posted by Phantom66
    Well if it has a TV symbol on the Table, I guess that would be fine, yes.
  • edited August 2015
    Cheers Paul. As I understand it, we've already recorded yours the other week, so look out for that on YouTube in the coming weeks. We're doing Maxally's and RSPCA's hands tonight but are happy to do more. To everyone else- any more guys? We're recording in about 2 hours' time.
    Posted by RICHORFORD

Did these get done? If mine got left on the editing floor due to Richard not understanding my spew, I will be fine with it but just need to know. If they did get recorded....anyone know when they will be uploaded?
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: The Poker Pitstop- hands required for recording this Tuesday to go on YouTube : Did these get done? If mine got left on the editing floor due to Richard not understanding my spew, I will be fine with it but just need to know. If they did get recorded....anyone know when they will be uploaded?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    +1 did mine get done
  • edited August 2015

Hi Guys,

I have no way of knowing that, sorry.

Best advice I can give is to keep an eye on the Sky Poker You Tube Channel, as if they get uploaded, they will appear there.

A whole variety of stuff gets recorded every Tuesday - often as many as 12 or 15 different pieces, though not all are "Pitstop" hands", they are then added to the bank of stuff to be released in the future.

Dan, who runs Sky Poker TV, likes to keep a healthy backstock of stuff in reserve, so he can release something new every day.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: The Poker Pitstop- hands required for recording this Tuesday to go on YouTube : +1 did mine get done
    Posted by rspca12

Hi guys-  I can confirm that one hand from Maxally and one hand from RSPCA was recorded two weeks ago with myself and Ryan on duty. 

They'll be up on YouTube in due course.

:-)