You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

put on tilt by 2 trash talking donks in chat box

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
i was playin 50nl as usual 2nyt and i sat at a table was playin solid for once lol but there was this player sayin how bad everyone on the table was and giving alot of abuse to someone for a good call, i told  him 2 leave it out and play poker then someone obviously railing him joined in the heated banter, after lots of ur mum jokes by them and him shoving all in on a 489 flop wit A8 me callin with 10s and him setting up on the turn i went on super tilt n donked off alot n started playing bad anyone else get his sort of thing happening?

Comments

• edited January 2010
    seen it happen, your probably about to see a lot of posts saying report it etc but retrospectivly i know that doesn't help. When they start just switch the chat off is about all that can be done about that to stop you tilting. You should't have to but if it stops you tilting then do it.  You can report them now if they were abusive but if it was just annoying then keep then screen name, chill for a week and ante up against them again if your happy you would have an edge over the player. (no chat this time though lol)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to put on tilt by 2 trash talking donks in chat box:
    i was playin 50nl as usual 2nyt and i sat at a table was playin solid for once lol but there was this player sayin how bad everyone on the table was and giving alot of abuse to someone for a good call, i told  him 2 leave it out and play poker then someone obviously railing him joined in the heated banter, after lots of ur mum jokes by them and him shoving all in on a 489 flop wit A8 me callin with 10s and him setting up on the turn i went on super tilt n donked off alot n started playing bad anyone else get his sort of thing happening?
    Posted by pocketfold
    Hi

You should not have to suffer abuse at the poker tables on Sky, you should contact Customer Care and report them, contact details can be found at the bottom of the page
  • edited January 2010
    lol definately have a edge never seen them before just shouldnt of got involved thanks for the advice
  • edited January 2010
    Think that NICON is bang on the Money. If there are a couple of keyboard warriors kicking lumps out of each other the best options are....

Watch from the subs bench.

OR

Hit the Silent option.
  • edited January 2010
    pocketfold how many tables you norm play? you wanna try playing on mini view, more tables and no chat distraction
  • edited January 2010
    why didnt you just knock chat off. then no distractions . anj
  • edited January 2010
    Don't report it, man up and just ignore it. Chatbox is a fantastic method of tilting your opponent.
  • edited January 2010
    Chat box abuse is just 'handbags at 10 paces'

It's intended to put you off, that's why they do it and it's all part of the game. The thing to remember is that it's perpetrated by low skilled players looking for an edge over opponents. See these people for what they are and either ignore them or give them some banter back.

The one thing you can't do is just complain about it. It's going to happen on any site you play on so you have to learn to handle it. Stay calm and take the 'high ground' ....... ask them if they have forgotten to take their medication again. Suggest they go back and 'see that nice Doctor who helped them the last time' Ask them if their Dad knows their using his credit card. They will soon run out of abuse, trust me, I been sparring with them for years ....... I enjoy it, it means I have the upper hand.
  • edited January 2010
    ***remembers to trash talk to tilt PF***