You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Premiership Promo Question

edited August 2015 in Poker Chat
It is probably in the rules somewhere but I couldnt find it so my question is...

My team this week is the Foxes, will I remain on this team for the entire 8 weeks or will my team change every week?

Ger

Comments

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Premiership Promo Question:
    It is probably in the rules somewhere but I couldnt find it so my question is... My team this week is the Foxes, will I remain on this team for the entire 8 weeks or will my team change every week? Ger
    Posted by gerardirl

You are "stuck" with the Foxes mate. I guess you won't be complaining about that though (unless Alvez goes on holiday)

If you want to swap with me (Saiints) I would be happy to ask for a transfer.

• edited August 2015
    It is probably in the rules somewhere but I couldnt find it so my question is... My team this week is the Foxes, will I remain on this team for the entire 8 weeks or will my team change every week? Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Enjoy your 8 £5.50 tokens and free sky bets ;)
  • edited August 2015
    Ok then I am extremely lucky but surely it would be better for everyone if your team changed each week.

Im surprised Sky ran it this way but I guess now I understand the ruling for the freerolls.

Cheers

Ger
  • edited August 2015
    We all had the same chance before the draw was made.

So no point complaining now if you are in a weak team.

If this weeks results are representative then I think Saints will only have a chance in 2 or 3 ties but even if we only win 1 that's still £10 rewards for nothing other than playing my usual volume.

The dynamic could change as we move into September I suppose.

• edited August 2015
    Can someone clarify regarding the draw scenario and the weekly prizes?

If team X score 20,000 and team Y score 19,500, then for the league purposes this goes down as a draw as there is less than 1000 points in it.

Does that mean team X don't receive the free bet/token? Not very clear on the promo page.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Premiership Promo Question:
    Can someone clarify regarding the draw scenario and the weekly prizes? If team X score 20,000 and team Y score 19,500, then for the league purposes this goes down as a draw as there is less than 1000 points in it. Does that mean team X don't receive the free bet/token? Not very clear on the promo page.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    The points are only for the final table standings for the freeroll league. As I read it the team with 20k in your example will get the token and free bet.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Premiership Promo Question : The points are only for the final table standings for the freeroll league. As I read it the team with 20k in your example will get the token and free bet.
    Posted by Snuffer
    This is also how I interpreted it.....
  • edited August 2015
    Yep needs clarifying as I interpreted it that if you dont win by 1k pts you dont get your free bet or £5.50 but I hope you guys are right.

Ger
  • edited August 2015
    Posted by gerardirl

Hi Ger,

You will remain on The Foxes for the duration of the promotion. Digging out that piece of information from the promo page was a bit of a chore, so I've made it clearer by adding it to the top paragraph - making it easier for other players to find.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Kirsty
    (Sky Poker)
  • edited August 2015
    Ok then I am extremely lucky but surely it would be better for everyone if your team changed each week. Im surprised Sky ran it this way but I guess now I understand the ruling for the freerolls. Cheers Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Hi again Ger,

The decision was taken purely based on the mechanics of the promotion. Feedback from last year suggested that weekly team changes was a little hard for people to follow. 

We added the minimum points criteria as a way of ensuring that players at least contribute something to their team.

Many Thanks,
    Kirsty

(Sky Poker)
  • edited August 2015
    Can someone clarify regarding the draw scenario and the weekly prizes? If team X score 20,000 and team Y score 19,500, then for the league purposes this goes down as a draw as there is less than 1000 points in it. Does that mean team X don't receive the free bet/token? Not very clear on the promo page.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Hello hhy,

Sincere apologies that this wasn't fully clarified on the promotions page. However, if two teams draw neither team will receive Free Bets or Tournament tokens. A team must win by a clear 1,000 points to score 3 points for the league and the additional benefits.

The promotions page has now been updated to clarify this - many thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Kind Regards,
    Kirsty

(Sky Poker)
  • edited August 2015
    Kirsty, any word on the draw/prize query above?

If there is any justice, Alvez will take a very well deserved, long overdue 8 week holiday from this week....

Edit, ignore the above!

Still hope Alvez sacks off his team mates though ;)
  • edited August 2015
    Good evening everyone.
    As a fellow fox, i would like to thank Alvez for all his hard work.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited August 2015
    Good evening everyone. As a fellow fox, i would like to thank Alvez for all his hard work. All the best. Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397
    So-too busy at 2:20, then?