You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Using prompt cards/notes at a live MTT

edited August 2015 in Poker Chat
Are you allowed to use prompt cards/notes at a live poker MTT?

Comments

• edited August 2015

There are no rules against it Wynne, but "Live" poker is vey different to Online Poker, & I'd not advise it.

What sort of prompt cards/notes did you have in mind? 

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Using prompt cards/notes at a live MTT:
    Posted by wynne1938
    Can and if you feel like you would like too , can you put some 'notes' on your phone ? 
    When I played live it seems most players spend a lot of time looking at them! :-)
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Using prompt cards/notes at a live MTT:
    There are no rules against it Wynne, but "Live" poker is vey different to Online Poker, & I'd not advise it. What sort of prompt cards/notes did you have in mind?   
    Posted by Tikay10
    It's like when you have to make a long speech and you do not have to resort to reading it word for word, so you make prompt cards to help you along the way.
    And as I have a bit of dementia, I  thought it would help me at the6 max ukpc mtt.
    It may not work, could be a distraction, as I should be watching the table and people.
    People may be suspicious of what I am doing!
    Over the last year or so ,I have been trying to gather statistical data for a fun app, for the smart phone, very complex though, so I have shelved it!
    It is like having a list of hands you could be calling, raising or folding at different positions in 6 handed MTTs.
    Helps a bit, but is not armour proof, the same way you cannot programme a computer to play poker!
    I do not win many mtts, but it is a bit of recreational fun.

PS: It only helps pre flop, once the flop comes down, you are on your own.
  • edited August 2015
    FYI

There is an app called
    Preflopadvisor on android
    By the pokersnowie team

Haven't used it myself and not sure I'd want to try it in a live tournament. 
  • edited August 2015
  • edited August 2015
    FYI There is an app called Preflopadvisor on android By the pokersnowie team Haven't used it myself and not sure I'd want to try it in a live tournament. 
    Posted by GELDY
    Thanks Geldy,I will have a look at it and see how it compares.

Ps: I have not got an android mobile, I have an I-Phone!
  • edited August 2015
    Tried these prompt cards for the first time tonight
    Results:

7.30 pm rewards free roll:
              Started well,but then my QJO in SB (limped around to me) hits qqx(rainbow on the flop) .
    I put a 2/3rd of the pot raise in get called, turn is a rag spade (2 spades on the board now)
    So I shove all in on turn ,as I am first to act, get called and villain hits a flush!

8.30 pm mini rebuy,ran quite well for a while,finished 66th out of 184(made a couple of mistakes when short stacked,lacked discipline,impatient and blew it(although I finished above Matt Bates who was to the left of me on my table).

Lets  see what the results are after 1000 games.

Any one want a copy of it for £1000.
  • edited August 2015
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/poker-notes-live/id724596139?mt=8

I have the  paid version on my android, I looked it up and its on the inferior Iphone :)
  • edited August 2015
    FYI There is an app called Preflopadvisor on android By the pokersnowie team Haven't used it myself and not sure I'd want to try it in a live tournament. 
    Posted by GELDY

Yes, we certainly wouldn't advise that.
  • edited August 2015
    FYI There is an app called Preflopadvisor on android By the pokersnowie team Haven't used it myself and not sure I'd want to try it in a live tournament
    Posted by GELDY
    Agree with you & others, under no circumstances can I imagine this would be deemed right & proper in a Live Poker environment.

If I were the TD - I'm not - I'm pretty sure I would ask the player to refrain from using it.

It would also slow up the game terribly. The action gets to us VERY quickly in 6-Max, & the game flows at a nice pace. 5 players waiting for player 6 to tap his holding into an App would not be well received at all.

Note also, that during the late stages, "mobile devices" (smartphones & the like) may be prohibited at the table.   

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Using prompt cards/notes at a live MTT:
    Posted by wynne1938
    In all fairness theres no rules against it but be prepaired to get some stick!
  • edited August 2015
    I have 5 cards
    Card 1 Early Play AA only
    Card 2 Middle Play AA only
    Card 3 Late Plat AA only
    Card 4 Small Blind Play AA only
    Card 5 Big Blind Play AA only

That is because I see them so infrequently, I cannot remember what they look like.

And as I am very old I need help remembering(But I am not as old as Tikay!)