You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My Mind In Jumps Racing

edited August 2015 in Betting Chat
Grand National 2013..

As soon as Auroras Encore crossd the finish line my phone went mad.
My Mum first congratulating me and then my Brothers and Sisters saying nice one, how did you pick it?, im going to get new shoes.

They got 66/1 and I got 120/1 on the exchanges.

It's such a good feeling, knowing that you solved the puzzle, defying the mugs game or the game that mugs play.

I never bothered with the flat season, closing down my racing bets after the sandown gold cup and waiting it out with the odd golf bet.

Ive managed to record what bets I have won more on the flat and 5f/6f seems to be good to me.
I'm now starting to look into adding these sprints into my repertoire and will have a good look at the Nunthorpe.

GRAND NATIONAL 2014..

A week before the grand national 31st may 2014 there was a potential 100 horses applying to race.
I was eager to repeat my last performance and prove my self right, solve the Puzzle.

I went through each horse, all 100, and looked at every race they had ever ridden in their Lives. This cant be done in the local bookies, they only show the last three races.

First off these horses had to be Long distance aquianted and obviously Jump well.

I was down to 40 runners on Tuesday, not much of a short list but a shorter list.

Many races have horses that are your newbies, middle of the roaders, big pretenders and of course the real deals.

The newbies have never seen such a Race where 40 horses hurtle along smashing into jumps and each other with it.
The middle of the roaders have had a sniff but just go with the flow.
The big pretenders, hyped by the news and fuel the value, are those horses that are always there or there abouts and commentaters can comfortably say " yes, sure to do well".
Then The Real Deals.

On Wednesday we had a few pulled out and my shorter list got shorter.
I tried to seperate the middle from the real deals and great pretenders.
My top down list would be swapped about regularly but the same few would always be in in top quarter.

48 hours before the race the final declerations were made and my short list Fell to only 10 horses. Now thats a better Short list.

On Friday I listed all the Going Ranges for each horse and placed them into there various catagories.

Checked the going on the friday also the Local Weather report, which for me was phoning Mum becuase my family are in Liverpool, and gauging whether the going was likely to change over night.

I had no ante post bets, I don't know the going so I wanted to eliminate that down side.

Saturday Morning and I'm eagerly awaighting the BHA Going result.

When the going came back I could eliminate half of my short list and now with only 5 horse s I went into intuition mode.

Looking at my 5 choices I noticed that 2 were great pretenders, they almost had me fooled.

My 3 Choices Were

1 Balthazar King

2 Pineau de Re

3 Teaforthree

All choices represented value but the two biggest unknowns in racing are whether the horses are genuinly fit and will they have a fair run around the track.

I back all three but unfortunately no combination exacta.

My short list of three horses gave me a Winner, a Second, and a faller at the chair.

Again I was over the moon, puzzle solved.

My family didnt phone they hadnt taken my picks but instead elected to choose there own on colours and fun names.

I suppose thats why many people lose out with oppertunities becuase they dont know how much hard work you have to put in.

I guess its a bit of fun but i cant see why regular punters find loosing money constantly, fun.

Anyway for the three timer Grand National 2015...

It was a very difficult year I thought and I couldnt see the Henessy gold cup winner, Many Clouds, out performing the other Real Deals, Balthazar King or Alvarado who covered my bets with the Each Way Element.

I shed a tear when Balthazar King fell and got back up half an hour later. Didn't really watch the race properly after that.
It was nothing like when Spot Thedifference won the BGC Cross country race it Cheltenham in 2007, He won, crossed the line, collapsed and moments later got up victorious.

I believe Balthazar King would have won that day, He is a true Athlete and as far as going the distance, He is one of the Real Deals in the hall of Fame. 

Comments