You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Daily Winner Takes All! SnGs now feed into Sunday's £15k Roller

edited August 2015 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

You can now qualify directly into Sunday's £15k Roller by playing a 10-seater Winner Takes All! sit & go tournament which I have highlighted and will continue to do so for this week. Will then start looking at doing similar things for the other main events.

Happy to consider alternatives, keep your ideas coming. Would you play a 20-seater for £5.50? I have my doubts about this. It might take far too long to fill up and I'm not sure how keen people are on this format these days.

Some of you have mentioned step-up tournaments -  I would love to use this format but we don't currently have the functionality I'm afraid.

Dedicated to improving things like this over the coming weeks/months, all of your feedback is extremely valuable.

Comments

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Daily Winner Takes All! SnGs now feed into Sunday's £15k Roller:
    Hi all, You can now qualify directly into Sunday's £15k Roller by playing a 10-seater Winner Takes All! sit & go tournament which I have highlighted and will continue to do so for this week. Will then start looking at doing similar things for the other main events. Happy to consider alternatives, keep your ideas coming. Would you play a 20-seater for £5.50? I have my doubts about this. It might take far too long to fill up and I'm not sure how keen people are on this format these days. Some of you have mentioned step-up tournaments -  I would love to use this format but we don't currently have the functionality I'm afraid. Dedicated to improving things like this over the coming weeks/months, all of your feedback is extremely valuable.
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    Sounds good, really hope it works. 

In place of the 'steps ' variant once you can issue tokens then that could be an option?
  • edited August 2015
    nice one great work sky a lot of the players wanted this introduced :)
  • edited August 2015
    i think there should be 5.50 alternatives too but maybe just make them in a turbo format otherwise they would last far too long. also some £22 either 1 in 5 or 2 in 10 would be good, reckon lots of them would run on sunday afternoons.
  • edited August 2015
    Thanks for this. It has been asked for many times so I really hope they are supported.

Bit too rich for me personally - Steps would be good so you could enter a £1 10max to get a seat in the £10 SAT but I understand that may need development to allow.

When the tourney tokens are sorted could some tourney token SNGs be set up at various buy ins?

Failing that if an equivalent at £3 could be done for entry to a £33 main I would probably play those instead of all-ins, frenzies or MTT sats.

• edited August 2015
    Don't think this is showing on mobile, dear me. Will fix tomorrow - you can't see 10 seater tourneys at current.
  • edited August 2015
    Cant get one running yet but I will be regging a few of them, thanks.
  • edited August 2015
    I rarely play regular satellites so doubt I'll play many of these but do like Winner take all games. However, the blind level increases and structure means these are going to go on for way too long. It will take 2 hours and 10 minutes before the blind levels are less than Ten BB's when it gets down to HU. So I can envision most games taking roughly 2 hours - and don't think many people are going to be that interested in playing for 2 hours to win a tournament seat for later in the week.

Think the blind limits should really be cut down by a half and make them 5 minutes and it would attract more people. I'd even be up for some sort of hyper structure.
  • edited August 2015
    Anyone game to give this a bash later? I'll be playing so its more like a 1/9 chance for you lot.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Daily Winner Takes All! SnGs now feed into Sunday's £15k Roller:
    I rarely play regular satellites so doubt I'll play many of these but do like Winner take all games. However, the blind level increases and structure means these are going to go on for way too long. It will take 2 hours and 10 minutes before the blind levels are less than Ten BB's when it gets down to HU. So I can envision most games taking roughly 2 hours - and don't think many people are going to be that interested in playing for 2 hours to win a tournament seat for later in the week. Think the blind limits should really be cut down by a half and make them 5 minutes and it would attract more people. I'd even be up for some sort of hyper structure.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    That sir makes a lot of sense. We will try that.
  • edited August 2015
    Been registered to the £11 sat for the last 2 hours - I'm still the only runner lol.  Are these sats not popular or just difficult to find in a sit and go lobby??

Any better time someone could recommend for me to try these?

Thanks!
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Daily Winner Takes All! SnGs now feed into Sunday's £15k Roller:
    Been registered to the £11 sat for the last 2 hours - I'm still the only runner lol.  Are these sats not popular or just difficult to find in a sit and go lobby?? Any better time someone could recommend for me to try these? Thanks!
    Posted by IrishRose
    Was looking too have a punt at these but 10 max games don't show up on tablet. Shame.
    Btw congrats on last weeks win :)
  • edited August 2015
    ive note seen them anywhere, i keep meaning to ask where they are.
  • edited August 2015
    for me, the roller may not be the best event to trial sit and go sats for, especially without a step up system which dan has said isnt viable at the moment. i think it should be trailed on some of the cheaper daily Mains, like the £33 Bh, why not have a 6max £5.50 each winner takes all into that?
  • edited August 2015
    ive note seen them anywhere, i keep meaning to ask where they are.
    Posted by mumsie

Highlighted in the SNG lobby (unless you are on a tablet/phone interface - in which case they dont show because you can only see 2 or 6 seated tables).

• edited August 2015
    Perhaps they should also get some promotion, e.g. banners, emails, chat box etc, promotions page?

People looking for SATS wiithout reading here will naturally be in the MTT lobby.

Also think price and structure may have an impact.
  • edited August 2015
    Im reaLLY looking Phanthom66, I dont see them.

They probably arent generating any traffic. Ive had a good look just now, I looked last night. I looked when I spotted this thread.

If I still cant see them after 3 attempts, what chance do they have. Im on my PC.
  • edited August 2015
    Im reaLLY looking Phanthom66, I dont see them. They probably arent generating any traffic. Ive had a good look just now, I looked last night. I looked when I spotted this thread. If I still cant see them after 3 attempts, what chance do they have. Im on my PC.
    Posted by mumsie
    They're not in the tournament tab - they're under SIT and GO.  It's acually highlighted in yellow near the top of the list - or just sort it alpabettically by clicking the "sit and go" filter option and "Winner" will either be at top or bottom of list depending on how many times you click it lol.
  • edited August 2015
    Yeah think should go in sat section, will be shocked if no one takes up in this as everyone has jumped on it and said want it :(

I also think that this would suit the lower stakes player so a £5.50 6 max for £33 would work best, but get trying to up the roller numbers
  • edited August 2015
    Im reaLLY looking Phanthom66, I dont see them. They probably arent generating any traffic. Ive had a good look just now, I looked last night. I looked when I spotted this thread. If I still cant see them after 3 attempts, what chance do they have. Im on my PC.
    Posted by mumsie
    Still there...

SitnGo Tab?
    All types?
    If you use filters at the bottom then 10 seat will need to be checked
  • edited August 2015
    Thank you , I did find them after your walk through. Ive been checking back to see if you  replied. Thanks for that.

After viewing them, my feedback....

Im a 6 max player.

I like a prize structure with tiers.

When I look into a new structure type, I filter to see how many are running/ completed/ waiting

there was spawned 1 table, non running and non completed.

ITs doomed.

thanks again for pointing me there though.

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Daily Winner Takes All! SnGs now feed into Sunday's £15k Roller : Was looking too have a punt at these but 10 max games don't show up on tablet. Shame. Btw congrats on last weeks win :)
    Posted by Snuffer
    I know - something so simple shouldn't be a problem to fix but it is. Blame technology.

Like a lot of you I understand the frustrations of our lobby but I am pushing for things and I'm sure by the end of the year we will be in a much better position. These things take time though. 
  • edited August 2015
    for me, the roller may not be the best event to trial sit and go sats for, especially without a step up system which dan has said isnt viable at the moment. i think it should be trailed on some of the cheaper daily Mains, like the £33 Bh, why not have a 6max £5.50 each winner takes all into that?
    Posted by RLT16

I think this would be an ideal way to get people used to this format
  • edited August 2015
    ** BUMP **

Dan - would it make sense to move this into the Tournament Lobby?  I cannot see that one has run yet and most people don't seem to know it's there.  When people are looking to satelitte into the Roller, they go to the satelitte tab in the tournmement lobby?

This is a great idea, but it is in danger of falling flat if people don't realise?

In the meantime, there are 5 of us registered - COME AND PLAY!!!

B
  • edited August 2015
    il jump in one why not!