You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Heads-Up SnG Variations - Do We Need 4 Types?

edited August 2015 in Poker Chat
Hi guys,

So we have 4 types of Heads-Up SnGs:

1) Regular - 1500 starting chips, 7 minute blinds
2) Speed - 1500 starting chips, 5 minute blinds
3) Turbo - 1000 starting chips, 2 minute blinds
4) Hyper - 500 starting chips, 2 minute blinds

In my attempt to tidy the lobby up I am not convinced that we need all 4 variations. Turbo is by far the least popular (and by a considerable margin) but I don't want to snap-remove them if some of you are regular players/enjoy the format.

Thoughts?

Comments

• edited August 2015
    I enjoy these games. Please don't remove them :)
  • edited August 2015
    When one of the promotions was back on in Feb I played a few Turbo's but generally I preffered the hypers and they're fairly similar so I wouldn't mind if Turbo's went. How popular is regular? I feel that speed is fairly similar to regular with it only being 2 min slower blinds and prefer this format. So maybe regular could be got rid of.
  • edited August 2015
    I think turbos run less because they are so similar to hyper.

my opinion would be to scrap turbos and speed and to add something in the middle, 

1000 chips, 4 min blinds, that way they will play differently to regular and hyper
  • edited August 2015
    Not really. Three makes more sense imo.

I'd suggest merging speed and turbo. Maybe 1200 starting, 3 minute levels.
  • edited August 2015
    No offence but why are people throwing around numbers that are totally meaningless. Starting chips/blinds mean nothing without discussing what the blind levels are...

Fwiw...

Regular - starting stack in...

lvl1 = 50bb
    lvl2 = 30bb
    lvl3 = 18.75bb
    lvl4 = 15bb
    lvl5 = 10bb
    lvl6 = 7.5bb

========================

Speed is...

lvl1 = 50bb
    lvl2 = 30bb
    lvl3 = 18.75bb
    lvl4 = 15bb
    lvl5 = 10bb
    lvl6 = 7.5bb

Exactly the same but obv 5 min blinds instead of 7, so plays vv similar to a regular.

=======================

Turbo is....

lvl1 = 50bb
    lvl2 = 33bb
    lvl3 = 20bb
    lvl4 = 16.5bb
    lvl5 = 12.5bb
    lvl6 = 10bb

These are 2 mins blinds. Arguably too much play early, and too little play later.

===========================

Hyper is....

lvl1 = 25bb
    lvl2 = 16.5bb
    lvl3 = 12.5bb
    lvl4 = 10bb
    lvl5 = 8bb
    lvl6 = 5bb

Again 2 min blinds.

======================

Blind levels at each stage are what need to be looked at, not just picking arbitrary figures for starting stack of speed of blinds.
  • edited August 2015
    Throwing that out there so people know how they actually play/so people don't have to do it themselves.

Fwiw, I've suggested this a lottttt of times. Sky Dan, login to 'the big poker site', look at theirs, and copy, would take 2 mins and we all know they're getting it right.

Probably only 3 needed on here due to lower liquidity so I'd just take the structures off that site ^ for the 'Hyper-Turbo', 'Hyper' and 'Regular'. On here you can call 'em Hyper, Turbo and Regular, copy the structures, takes 2 mins, job's a good 'un.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Heads-Up SnG Variations - Do We Need 4 Types?:
    Hi guys, So we have 4 types of Heads-Up SnGs: 1) Regular - 1500 starting chips, 7 minute blinds 2) Speed - 1500 starting chips, 5 minute blinds 3) Turbo - 1000 starting chips, 2 minute blinds 4) Hyper - 500 starting chips, 2 minute blinds In my attempt to tidy the lobby up I am not convinced that we need all 4 variations. Turbo is by far the least popular (and by a considerable margin) but I don't want to snap-remove them if some of you are regular players/enjoy the format. Thoughts?
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    Leave things as they are, give people a choice. There is a big difference between a hyper and a speed game. I am pretty sure a lot of hyper players drift into turbo games. As there isn't a seperate tab for turbos, it shouldnt make that much difference to the HU lobby. Also I have seen high stakes regs playing turbos at £50/£100. Not sure they would be happy if the choice is taken away. 

Whilst we are looking at the HU lobby, hardly any 6 max speed or regular games get going. Perhaps only one version is required?
  • edited August 2015
    I play all my volume at turbo and speed.  I have no interest in grinding hypers for a 3% roi so please leve as they are. 

There is a reason turbo and speed player can have upto 5x the roi of a hyper player
  • edited August 2015
    I've sent you a PM too Dan btw
  • edited August 2015
    Sending you another PM now Dan