You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Alvez vs Black Cats

Alvez has single handledly got more points than the whole of Black Cats put together!

Comments

• edited August 2015
    I love having Messi on my team.
  • edited August 2015
    Which is why the Foxes will win every week. Lack of thought in the promo where we stay in the same team every week.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Alvez vs Black Cats:
    Which is why the Foxes will win every week. Lack of thought in the promo where we stay in the same team every week.
    Posted by DARWISH
    Not a lack of thought at all - last year when they did the same promo people changed team every week but the feedback from it was that it was confusing to change team every week. Since it's drawn randomly at the start you have as much chance as everyone else to get a good team.

Also, I doubt the Foxes will win every week. There's a priority rake race promotion on this month and Alvez has put in a ton of volume for that over the past week. This week he'll play slightly less I imagine due to having it almost locked up and the week after that he'll be in Nottingham for 3/4 days and I imagine he'll have a break or not play that much when he comes back. He puts in decent volume normally but it won't be enough to guarantee his team wins in a normal week since there are plenty of players in other teams that can put in the same volume and more. My team managed just shy of 40k points this week and I barely played - but can easily get 10k points in a week which would have been enough to beat Foxes this week!

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Alvez vs Black Cats : Not a lack of thought at all - last year when they did the same promo people changed team every week but the feedback from it was that it was confusing to change team every week. Since it's drawn randomly at the start you have as much chance as everyone else to get a good team. Also, I doubt the Foxes will win every week. There's a priority rake race promotion on this month and Alvez has put in a ton of volume for that over the past week. This week he'll play slightly less I imagine due to having it almost locked up and the week after that he'll be in Nottingham for 3/4 days and I imagine he'll have a break or not play that much when he comes back. He puts in decent volume normally but it won't be enough to guarantee his team wins in a normal week since there are plenty of players in other teams that can put in the same volume and more. My team managed just shy of 40k points this week and I barely played - but can easily get 10k points in a week which would have been enough to beat Foxes this week!
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    I hear what you say ( and I did not find it confusing last year at all-it's not that difficult to follow ) and I guess the proof will be in the pudding. Just because it is random doesn't guaratee fairness unless it is seeded according to average point accumultion. The fact that your team managed 40k and you could put in 10k would put you in the 50s whereas 5 teams barely managed 20k. They have quite a bit to catch the 40 let alone 50.
  • edited August 2015
    Since it's drawn randomly at the start you have as much chance as everyone else to get a good team.
    That's my point. You are agreeing there are good teams. Once in a good team, you are in it for the whole promo but the reverse is true and if you are in a weak team then you might end up with nothing. Is that fair?
    Chances are , those in weaker teams can enjoy a £5 token more than the player who can accumulate 1000's of points.
  • edited August 2015
    If its drawn at random can someone explain why I have been selected for the Hammers, who beat my team last weekend. :(

Someone at sky is having a laugh. It's too much of a coincidence! 
  • edited August 2015
    If its drawn at random can someone explain why I have been selected for the Hammers, who beat my team last weekend. :( Someone at sky is having a laugh. It's too much of a coincidence! 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Gave me a good laugh....still, I think you'll stay up...
  • edited August 2015
    So Alvez again was top individual point scorer despite....
  • edited August 2015
    So Alvez again was top individual point scorer despite....
    Posted by DARWISH
    Week 3 started on the 20th which is when the UKPC was on - he hasn't earnt a single point so far!