You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Feeling very good about winning Leg 2 of TKOII (mini-brag alert!!)

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Played in 3 tourneys last night on here (£500 Bounty Hunter, £250 Gtd Speed + £850 Bounty Hunter) and i cashed in ALL 3 of them which surprised me somewhat as it's the first time i've ever seem to recall doing something like that in Poker but the one performance wise i was really happy with was in the £850 BH as due to a slip of the fingers and pressed the call button by accident with absolute nothing i was down to a paltry 1,050 chips with about 21 players left in the field (10 got paid) who had stacks of 15k+ and above and if i ever have been in situations like this i have beat myself up about it and gone slightly on-tilt but i thought no let's really grind and shove it all-in with any playable hand.

It worked as i managed to get on the final table and ended up 6th and won £33!.

All in all laid out nearly £18 and won £50 so very happy with my performance on the tables and let's hope it's 2-0 to Team Tikay by the end of the evening! :):)

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Feeling very good about winning Leg 2 of TKOII (mini-brag alert!!):
    Played in 3 tourneys last night on here (£500 Bounty Hunter, £250 Gtd Speed + £850 Bounty Hunter) and i cashed in ALL 3 of them which surprised me somewhat as it's the first time i've ever seem to recall doing something like that in Poker but the one performance wise i was really happy with was in the £850 BH as due to a slip of the fingers and pressed the call button by accident with absolute nothing i was down to a paltry 1,050 chips with about 21 players left in the field (10 got paid) who had stacks of 15k+ and above and if i ever have been in situations like this i have beat myself up about it and gone slightly on-tilt but i thought no let's really grind and shove it all-in with any playable hand. It worked as i managed to get on the final table and ended up 6th and won £33!. All in all laid out nearly £18 and won £50 so very happy with my performance on the tables and let's hope it's 2-0 to Team Tikay by the end of the evening! :):)
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    Hi Craig,
    Dont forget this is an omaha tourney not holdem.
    I think most people will be just looking to play it like holdem so it could be a little difficult to work out some players.
    gl m8
    col
  • edited January 2010

Col, i have a memory like a sieve! :):):)

I was going to play in last night's TKO warmup but due to having my dinner late (Is 7pm late for having your dinner? :) i resorted in railing Richard Orford on his table instead lol!

It's going to be interesting how most players are going to play tonight as there will be a fair percentage who will have had limited experience in playing Omaha and i agree with you that some may want to play the game like Holdem.

Have a good one m8!

Craig

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Feeling very good about winning Leg 2 of TKOII (mini-brag alert!!):
    Col, i have a memory like a sieve! :):):) I was going to play in last night's TKO warmup but due to having my dinner late (Is 7pm late for having your dinner? :) i resorted in railing Richard Orford on his table instead lol! It's going to be interesting how most players are going to play tonight as there will be a fair percentage who will have had limited experience in playing Omaha and i agree with you that some may want to play the game like Holdem. Have a good one m8! Craig
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    I bubbled in that last night, so if i can make it through the early stages minefields then i think i have a chance to do something, watch me go out first hand now lol.
    col