You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The two winners of the Blog Competition are...........

edited August 2015 in Poker Chat

.....to be announced at 9am this morning.

Both will win a £550 Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC seat.

Comments

• edited August 2015
    It must have been really tough to decide on the 2 winners
    Every post was good
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: The two winners of the Blog Competition are...........:
    It must have been really tough to decide on the 2 winners Every post was good
    Posted by Jac35
    Not wrong - it was a nightmare, the standard of entries was so good.

However, there had to be 2 winners, & they were.......

• edited August 2015

The 2 winners, who each win a £550 Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC seat are......

pr1nnyraid

Itsoverforu

Both those entries were outstanding, & they deservedly get the prizes.

In truth, Neil & I agonized for days, & we both had a short list of 6 or 7, so commiserations to those who failed to win - it was a blanket finish.

• edited August 2015
    OMG AMAZING.... thank you both and Sky so much. I was naturally never very good at English as a school lad. You have made my Year will be great to meet you all #overthemoon
  • edited August 2015

See the two winning entries, & comments by Neil & myself, in Latest News, HERE
  • edited August 2015
    OMG AMAZING.... thank you both and Sky so much. I was naturally never very good at English as a school lad. You have made my Year will be great to meet you all #overthemoon
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Well done, it was real close, you could as easily finished 8th as 1st, it was that close.

Now get the job finished by making a deep run in the event next week.

Make sure you come say "hi" to Neil & myself, too.
  • edited August 2015
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Congrats
    Hope you have a great time
  • edited August 2015
    Congrats to the winners! 
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: The two winners of the Blog Competition are........... : Well done, it was real close, you could as easily finished 8th as 1st, it was that close. Now get the job finished by making a deep run in the event next week. Make sure you come say "hi" to Neil & myself, too.
    Posted by Tikay10
    100% I will be buyig you both a drink and I make a pledge to you to learn omaha 08 better and jump in some games on the regular :D

The standard was excellent I read every single post and didnt give myself much of a chance. I will definitely be taking pics and do a write up about the experience!

Cant wait thanks again!!
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: The two winners of the Blog Competition are........... : 100% I will be buyig you both a drink and I make a pledge to you to learn omaha 08 better and jump in some games on the regular :D The standard was excellent I read every single post and didnt give myself much of a chance. I will definitely be taking pics and do a write up about the experience! Cant wait thanks again!!
    Posted by Itsover4u
    We would love you to write a Blog of your experience at next week's UKPC.  
  • edited August 2015

Really feeling bad for those that didn't win. Pretty sure I'd be saying "The standard was really high and everyone deserved to win" whatever they were like but this morning I'm not even bluffing!!!
  • edited August 2015
    Well done guys and GL in the game.

Nice idea for a competition, really enjoyed reading all entries.
  • edited August 2015
    Well done Danny & Hugo

I must remember to mention trains next time :-(

• edited August 2015
    Well done Danny & Hugo I must remember to mention trains next time :-(
    Posted by GELDY
    Ha, I thought exactly the same.
  • edited August 2015
    Really chuffed with this.. Thank you

Really enjoyed putting pen to paper, writing is not something I have tended to do since leaving school all those years ago.. Hopefully the other entrants took the same enjoyment out of writing a blog regardless of outcome, I certainly enjoyed reading them all. 

What other site would offer this kind of opportunity in return for ZERO table time! Good on sky and the faces of the site which dedicate a lot of time to embrace the sites ideology. 

Hopefully meet a few of you next weekend!!

Hugo 
  • edited August 2015
    Congratulations both of you and good luck, really enjoyed reading your entries :-) Would be quite the story if one of you managed to take it down!
  • edited August 2015
    Heartfelt congratulations to the two winners ... what a wonderful story it would be if one of you won it.  

And please do take up Tikay's offer of blogging from the tournament itself. Your pieces were enjoyed by many readers so imagine the impact of your updates from DTD.  It could inspire others to do the very thing we all blogged about; to get into a live game and start their own adventures.

And comisserations to the "runners up" (I refuse to call anyone a loser in this competition; it would be ridiculous to count any one of those entries as a losing one).

I hope that more competitions like this one run again and we see more and more new faces getting onto the site, into the community and involved.

B
  • edited August 2015
    Congrats to the winners! I meant to enter this myself but as usual left it to the last minute! Then I went and won a seat the day before the deadline for this. I doubt my entry would have been anywhere as enthralling as some of the entries here - partly because my first live tournament wasn't anywhere near as interesting as some of these stories :)
  • edited August 2015
    congrats to the winners see uz at notts :)
  • edited August 2015
    Congratulations to you both. The one thing I really regret reading all the blogs is that I arrived so many years too late regarding the old characters of the live poker game. I would have loved to have met the likes of Con and my all time favourite Dave Devil Fish Ulliott (sadly gone to the big poker game in the sky) used to be glued to the t.v at silly oclock in the morning watching poker  and the hendon boys because my daughter was a baby and needed feeding. I loved the game and never ever thought I would take it up as always thought I would never be good enough. Well look at me now. Thanks Irishrose...............lol

Rain will make the 2.20 @ 2.20 because I missed it yesterday due to other commitments
  • edited August 2015
    Sorry late to comment on this. Two fantastic winners. I really enjoyed reading all the entries and I can see why these two were judged the winners. Great writing and I felt like i was there with you. I hope you both keep the writing going. Especially of your time at DTD. I also enjoyed writing mine and remembering the feeling of the first time - as I'm sure we all do.

As I've now been lucky enough to satalite in to the event I look forward to seeing you all there.

Great idea having the competition.

Donald