You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Software

Still many problems on sky :
cards disappearing, tables closing, 
mtts starting and my table has not even opened,
players names stacks and avatars going behind the table,
I  have had to use chrome just to play without getting kiccked off when i have 4 tables open even then it struggles.

So is it the software and is anyone else having any of these problems and if not why is a poker client so hard to run on my computer i never had no problems with the old sky client but now i have nothing but.

Comments

• edited August 2015
    thanks for the reply

• edited August 2015

Hi Turk,

I did see your question, but was not sure exactly what the question was, or how I could possibly answer it, it was phrased rather vaguely if you don't mind me saying.

Personally, no, I 6 table using the Download & don't generally suffer any of the problems you mention. Sure, sometimes the table opens after one hand has been played, but to me, one hand is neither here nor there & I'm fairly relaxed about it.

The software works fine for the vast majority of players. Some have irritating & annoying little problems, yes, but for most, it's fine. I suppose sometimes the problems are software related, but more often than not, it is at the user end. 

I do hope your issues clear up soon.  
  • edited August 2015
    Yes m8 the majority of the players i ask at the tables say the same thing.
    The thing is my pc is quite up to date and it can run some pretty hi - tec games with a  hi graphics card but yet sky poker once i get to 4 tables it goes mad.
    I have stoped using the client as it will freeze all tables at any point and i have toclose and reopen and that can be very annoying especially if i have soime chips in the middle.

Thanks anyway m8 and are you playing the UKPC this year?
    And when are you gonna play a comp like a 11 or 22 or even the 33 main so we can have a chance to play with you.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Software:
    Yes m8 the majority of the players i ask at the tables say the same thing. The thing is my pc is quite up to date and it can run some pretty hi - tec games with a  hi graphics card but yet sky poker once i get to 4 tables it goes mad. I have stoped using the client as it will freeze all tables at any point and i have toclose and reopen and that can be very annoying especially if i have soime chips in the middle. Thanks anyway m8 and are you playing the UKPC this year? And when are you gonna play a comp like a 11 or 22 or even the 33 main so we can have a chance to play with you.
    Posted by DESERTTURK
    Thanks mate.

Yes, it is one of those frustrating things. I know the gripes are genuine, & some people do suffer them, but as most don't, its very hard to pin down. I'll maybe ask one of the techie guys to have a look & see if he can help.

Am I playing the UKPC - as it happens, yes, I am, & hopefully, I'll write a blog or two about it. Love live poker, really love it, & I love writing, so its perfect really. 

Me, play a Sky Poker Main Event? Well I don't generally play NLH MTT's Online, but if I thought it would add something to them, of course I would. What ones do you play? I'm busy this week from Wednesday to Sunday up at UKPC, and I plan to watch Liverpool & Bournemouth tonight, but I guess I could set fire to £11 in the Turbo Tuesday if you plan to play it. The chances of us sharing tables would be pretty slim though.  Do you play the nightly Rewards Freeroll? I play that most nights.

• edited August 2015

PS - do you play DYM's or SNG's? Be easier to share tables if you played one of those I guess. I don't generally play NLH ones, but I could make an exception. 
  • edited August 2015
    I dont play the freeroll i tend to move all in every hand..  bad i know...

But tommorow night turbo tuesday sounds great.. I should play sngs or dyms as if i stuck to them i could probably make a fortune.
    you remember the sng ROI competetion i won my 1st 11 matches my percentage must of been so high but then lost llike another 12 in a row coz i was tired and on tilt ruined it for myself.
    The next time that comes up i will try my best and make it to the final 6 players so the answer is yes lets play a sng or a dym it would be nice to play with some great names like your self and do you think you could get channing to play too so i can take his money thanks Tikay :)
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Software:
    I dont play the freeroll i tend to move all in every hand..  bad i know... But tommorow night turbo tuesday sounds great.. I should play sngs or dyms as if i stuck to them i could probably make a fortune. you remember the sng ROI competetion i won my 1st 11 matches my percentage must of been so high but then lost llike another 12 in a row coz i was tired and on tilt ruined it for myself. The next time that comes up i will try my best and make it to the final 6 players so the answer is yes lets play a sng or a dym it would be nice to play with some great names like your self and do you think you could get channing to play too so i can take his money thanks Tikay :)
    Posted by DESERTTURK
    Ha, I do the same in those Rewards Freeroll. I generally have 5 or 6 PLO8 DYM's on the go as well, so I can't really concentrate on the Freeroll, so I just await decent hands & move all-in, which is terrible, I know. I've had 5 cashes from about 15 attempts, only adds up to about £18 in total, but it all adds up for us low rollers. 

I do remember that SNG ROI thing, was great fun, maybe I ought to try & organise another.  

Play a SNG with Mr Channing? Well it's hard to reserve seats in them, but tell you what, I'll have a word with him & we'll see if we can organise something. He loves doing that sort of stuff, so fingers crossed we'll sort it somehow. What times are you usually on site - just evenings, is it?

• edited August 2015
    I can be on at anytime so when ever you guys are ready i willstay posted.
    Thank you tikay for you great response.