You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Something for the weekend? (FREE ENTRIES TO THE WINNERS)

Comments

• edited August 2015
    1-3 

81st minute
  • edited August 2015
    Man you have been to Villa 86 time since time began
     W32 D 22    L32
    I predict a draw , 1-1 , 54 minute goal
  • edited August 2015
  • edited August 2015
    0-1 7th minute
  • edited August 2015
  • edited August 2015
  • edited August 2015
  • edited August 2015

COMPETITION NOW CLOSED & THREAD LOCKED

Winners will be announced in the morning.

Good luck all.
  • edited August 2015

THREAD NOW RE-OPENED
  • edited August 2015

Good morning all.

We had a quite splendid 85 entrants, which was well above target, so we will definitely do some more of these. 100 would have been terrific, but 85 was pretty good.

The match result was.....

Aston Villa 0 - Manchester United 1 (29th minute goal) 
  • edited August 2015

The prizes were....

First FIVE entrants to name the correct score all get a Turbo Tuesday seat. Of those, the entrant NEAREST to the time of the last goal gets Free Entry to Thursday's Bounty Hunter Main Event.

So, the Fortuitous Five are....

mattprawn (57 mins)

gerardirl (38 mins)

edrich (37 mins)

stuarty117 (94 mins)

belsibub (8 mins)

They ALL win an £11 Turbo Tuesday seat, next Tuesday, 18th August.

For the time of the last goal (29 minutes), remarkably, we had two entrants separated by ONE minute, so that was a little unforch for gerardirl, but equally fortunate for....

edrich (37 mins)

Who wins entry into Thursday's £33 Bounty Hunter Main Event on Thursday 20th August, as well as the £11 Turbo Tuesday Main Event.

Congratulations to all 5, now let's hope you enjoy your prize, & maybe run deep & turn it into a nice cash.

The names of these winners will be sent up to Sky Sam. It falls nicely actually, as he works Tuesday mornings & Thursday afternoons, so the timing is perfect.

• edited August 2015

We actually had SEVEN entrants who correctly predicted the score, but the prizes were for the FIRST FIVE only.

The 2 who missed out, due to submitting their entries 6th & 7th, were.....

lundie

jumijumi

In view of the huge number of entrants, seems fair to award both of them a consolation prize of Free Entry into next Tuesday's £5.50 MINI, so well done both of them. 

So, that's just shy of £100 worth of Prizes for a "Free to Enter" Fun Competition, which I reckon is pretty good, so big thanks to the Sky Poker Big Suits, as well as Sam & Dan. 

Please note these Free Entries are not transferable, & have to be used on the specified night, the date cannot be moved.    
  • edited August 2015

I'll not send the names up to Head Office until tomorrow, in case there are any Stewards Inquiries, Objections, Recounts, or argumentative so & so's.

Enjoy your weekend.

• edited August 2015
    Good morning Tikay,
                              Many thanks for the prizes. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I will not be able to use the Thursday seat as I will be playing the freeroll at DTD Nottingham that night. Don.t know if it's possible, but could you pass this on to gerardirl instead ?
                               So, the plan for Tuesday is...

Win enough to buy into the Sky Poker UKPC main event. Failing that, win enough to pay for a live satellite on Friday into the main. If that fails then i'll buy into the mini at the weekend anyway. Whatever happens, after experiencing playing the main last August, I'm looking forward to joining you all at DTD again this year.

Taking my son to watch his team Brighton at Fulham today. Wonder if the actual cottage will still be there when he takes his kids. Hope so. Oh and being woken up by the seagulls is the reason for me being on the forum this early.

We are lucky to have so many free competitions on here aren't we. Equally lucky that we have the people prepared to take the time to run them. Keep up the good work and hope to see you next week.

Ed.

• edited August 2015
    Hey there,

It was very exciting keeping an eye on this game yesterday thanks to Tikay and Sky.

Well done to all the winners especially Edrich. Wow one minute eh!!

Edrich very generous of you I must say. I've said it before and I will say it again, the players on Sky really make it stand out from other sites and here is another example of it!

Thanks Tikay and Sky for running another generous and fun competition.

Ger
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Something for the weekend? (FREE ENTRIES TO THE WINNERS):
    Good morning Tikay,                           Many thanks for the prizes. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I will not be able to use the Thursday seat as I will be playing the freeroll at DTD Nottingham that night. Don.t know if it's possible, but could you pass this on to gerardirl instead ?                            So, the plan for Tuesday is...                                                              Win enough to buy into the Sky Poker UKPC main event. Failing that, win enough to pay for a live satellite on Friday into the main. If that fails then i'll buy into the mini at the weekend anyway. Whatever happens, after experiencing playing the main last August, I'm looking forward to joining you all at DTD again this year.                         Taking my son to watch his team Brighton at Fulham today. Wonder if the actual cottage will still be there when he takes his kids. Hope so. Oh and being woken up by the seagulls is the reason for me being on the forum this early.                            We are lucky to have so many free competitions on here aren't we. Equally lucky that we have the people prepared to take the time to run them. Keep up the good work and hope to see you next week.                                              Ed.                        
    Posted by edrich
    Good morning Ed. I do like it when people on the internet observe the social niceties of real life, "good morning" or whatever.  

Thank you, & OK, I will pass your £33 Thursday BH Main Event prize on to gerardirl, who was a very unlucky loser as it happens. 

ger is exactly the type of player I most respect in poker, & here on Sky Poker. Only a "smallball" player compared to many, but fiercely loyal, & just enjoys his poker. He has played over 8,000 SNG's (DYM's mainly) here, & has a cracking Sharkscope graph. People like ger are the backbone of poker, not the nosebleed guys who move sites on a whim, chasing rakeback deals.

So, I look forward to seeing you on Thursday in that Priority Freeroll, & fingers crossed, you can find a way to buy into the 6-Max UKPC Main too. Make sure you come say hi, please.

• edited August 2015
    Hey there, It was very exciting keeping an eye on this game yesterday thanks to Tikay and Sky. Well done to all the winners especially Edrich. Wow one minute eh!! Edrich very generous of you I must say. I've said it before and I will say it again, the players on Sky really make it stand out from other sites and here is another example of it! Thanks Tikay and Sky for running another generous and fun competition. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Well that worked out well, Ger, eh?

Well done m8.

Good luck in Tuesday's Turbo Main, & the £33 BH on Thursday. A nice cash in either - or both - would be great, it's really nice when someone wins one of these Comps & then goes on to cash in the target event. And big thanks to Ed for his generosity.

• edited August 2015
    Thank you very much tikay

• edited August 2015
    Woohoo thrilled, despite the fact it will most likely put a dint in my graph! lol

Ger
  • edited August 2015
    Thank you very much tikay
    Posted by stuarty117
    Not me, Stuart, Sky Poker give the prizes - I just give away their money. ;)

Well done, & good luck on Tuesday.
  • edited August 2015
    Woohoo thrilled, despite the fact it will most likely put a dint in my graph! lol Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    You are on a cracking Freeroll, both on Tuesday & Thursday, just enjoy it.
  • edited August 2015
    Thank's to sky poker for the seat & Tikay for running this.
  • edited August 2015
    Many thanks to Tikay and Sky Poker, I'll look forward to Tuesday's turbo.

Hopefully catch a few of you in Nottingham next weekend.

Mattp
  • edited August 2015
    Good morning Sir Tikay.
    Would like a recount please.
    All the best.
    Rainman397.
    p.s has anyone mentioned the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack yet.

• edited August 2015
    Congratulations to you both. The one thing I really regret reading all the blogs is that I arrived so many years too late regarding the old characters of the live poker game. I would have loved to have met the likes of Con and my all time favourite Dave Devil Fish Ulliott (sadly gone to the big poker game in the sky) used to be glued to the t.v at silly oclock in the morning watching poker  and the hendon boys because my daughter was a baby and needed feeding. I loved the game and never ever thought I would take it up as always thought I would never be good enough. Well look at me now. Thanks Irishrose...............lol Rain will make the 2.20 @ 2.20 because I missed it yesterday due to other commitments.
    Posted by Darkangel7

Is there really a 2.20 at 2.20 ?

Im never in to witness the event.
  • edited August 2015

There have been no objections, so I will send the names of the winners up to the Office on Monday morning.

Was a nice, simple, fun comp, with lots of entries, so we'll do something similar again soon. Thanks for your support.   

WEIGHED IN 
  • edited August 2015
    Bump still not been entered into mini tonight.
  • edited August 2015
    Bump still not been entered into mini tonight.
    Posted by lundie
    AArrggh - that's completely my fault, sorry.

I sent the names of the 5 winners up, also Thursday's BH entry, but I completely forgot that I added two "consolation prizes - you & "jumijumi" & awarded you Mini entries for tonight.

My sincere apologies.

What other night can you play the Mini?

Really sorry, completely my fault.
  • edited August 2015
    I can put you in tonight Lundie, not a problem.
  • edited August 2015
    Thursday would be perfect cheers