You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live Priority Freeroll - Questions

edited August 2015 in Poker Chat
Hi all.

You will be receiving an email shortly, detailing everything you need to know about the upcoming £10,000 Live Priority Freeroll on Thursday 20th.

I've started this thread in case anyone has any extra questions or concerns.

I'll also put a copy of the content from the email here, in case anyone doesn't receive it.

Cheers,
JP.

Comments

• edited August 2015
    **ALL PRIZES WILL BE CREDITED TO YOUR SKY POKER ACCOUNT**

Details

All customers who earned 10,000 Poker Points in July, are invitied to join us at Dusk Til Dawn, Nottingham, at 7pm on Thursday 20th August to take part in the £10,000 Live Priority Freeroll.

As usual, we'll be throwing in a few extras including a finger buffet, free beer/cider/wine, and two dedicated massage girls.

Some special guests will be coming along, including a few members of the team and Carl Froch. Each special guest will have a bounty on their head!

Registration

Only Priority customers will be able to register for this tournament. To do so, just go to the Cash Desk at DTD and tell them your name.

Early registration will open at 6pm and will remain open until around 6.50pm.

Late registration will open at 7pm and remain open until 8.20pm. Once late registration is complete, we will accept no more entrants.

Structure

25,000 starting stack.
    20 minute blinds.
    Prize structure to be confirmed on the day.

Based on estimates, the Freeroll will be played in an 8-max format.

• edited August 2015
    Sounds good! Look forward to the massage? They do extras haha 
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Live Priority Freeroll - Questions:
    Sounds good! Look forward to the massage? They do extras haha 
    Posted by nslater112
    I thought the wife was coming along!! haha
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Live Priority Freeroll - Questions : I thought the wife was coming along!! haha
    Posted by Sky_JP
    She is but she staying in town centre with my family haha 
  • edited August 2015
    How many players are able to enter/ expected to enter?
  • edited August 2015
    We're estimating around 60, however, it could be in excess of 100 (very unlikely IMO).

However, even at 100 players, we're averaging £100 per head!
  • edited August 2015
  • edited August 2015
    JP just to confirm, If I grind out the last few points to make 10k this month (before Thursday) I would not be eligible?

Thanks

Danny
  • edited August 2015
    Also any idea if Froch is playing the main? Im a massive boxing fan!
  • edited August 2015
    JP just to confirm, If I grind out the last few points to make 10k this month (before Thursday) I would not be eligible? Thanks Danny
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Sorry Danny I'm afraid not. Will certainly buy you a beer over the weekend if you do manage that though!
  • edited August 2015
    Also any idea if Froch is playing the main? Im a massive boxing fan!
    Posted by Itsover4u
    That's unconfirmed mate. He may or may not play.
  • edited August 2015
    and another bump.
  • edited August 2015
    Will there be complimentary nachos & cheese?
  • edited August 2015
    Will there be complimentary nachos & cheese?
    Posted by alex1229
    I might tell you a few complimentary stories about the history of the Great Western Railway, or the construction of the British Motorway network.

No charge for that, either.

We like?
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Live Priority Freeroll - Questions : I might tell you a few complimentary stories about the history of the Great Western Railway, or the construction of the British Motorway network. No charge for that, either.   We like?
    Posted by Tikay10
    I would really like to hear those stories...just while im eating some complimentary nachos with melted cheese..
  • edited August 2015
    Alex - I'll personally buy you some Cheesy Dorito's?
  • edited August 2015
    Posted by Sky_JP
    Snap call
  • edited August 2015
    Posted by Sky_JP
    I'll have a bag of roulette Doritos JP, n1
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Live Priority Freeroll - Questions : I'll have a bag of roulette Doritos JP, n1
    Posted by nslater112
    Can't do that I'm afraid. 

My housemate has a phobia of mixing different flavours of crisps. It's a bit strange, but I'm guessing he was expecting a "salt and vinegar" but got a "cheese and onion" when he was younger, or something like that.

Basically, he'd probably change the locks on the door if he found out I'd been dealing with multi-flavoured crisps.

Back to the point, I'm putting a finger buffet on! Not sure what's going to be included in this, but if it's not better than a bag of crisps, I'll be disappointed!
  • edited August 2015

Don't forget guys - there is now a Board dedicated to Priority Club.

It's just an experiment. If it gets well used, it will stay, if not, it won't.

It is HEREEEEEEEEEEEE

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Live Priority Freeroll - Questions : Can't do that I'm afraid.  My housemate has a phobia of mixing different flavours of crisps. It's a bit strange, but I'm guessing he was expecting a "salt and vinegar" but got a "cheese and onion" when he was younger, or something like that. Basically, he'd probably change the locks on the door if he found out I'd been dealing with multi-flavoured crisps. Back to the point, I'm putting a finger buffet on! Not sure what's going to be included in this, but if it's not better than a bag of crisps, I'll be disappointed!
    Posted by Sky_JP
    Haha fair enough then, I'll have nandos instead in the break then smash the finger buffet haha 
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Live Priority Freeroll - Questions : Can't do that I'm afraid.  My housemate has a phobia of mixing different flavours of crisps. It's a bit strange, but I'm guessing he was expecting a "salt and vinegar" but got a "cheese and onion" when he was younger, or something like that. Basically, he'd probably change the locks on the door if he found out I'd been dealing with multi-flavoured crisps. Back to the point, I'm putting a finger buffet on! Not sure what's going to be included in this, but if it's not better than a bag of crisps, I'll be disappointed!
    Posted by Sky_JP
    JP, my man. I'mn slightly concerned by the use of the wording 'finger food' 

I'm 6'6 and 110kg, finger food doesnt exist in my vocabulary. Cutting to the chase, will there be sufficient food for me there, or shall i bring a few chickens and a disposable BBQ grill to cook during the break.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Live Priority Freeroll - Questions : JP, my man. I'mn slightly concerned by the use of the wording 'finger food'  I'm 6'6 and 110kg, finger food doesnt exist in my vocabulary. Cutting to the chase, will there be sufficient food for me there, or shall i bring a few chickens and a disposable BBQ grill to cook during the break.
    Posted by alex1229
    A few hours ago you were happy with a pack of doritos, now you want serveral chickens.

Sums poker players up perfectly IMO. ;)
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Live Priority Freeroll - Questions : A few hours ago you were happy with a pack of doritos, now you want serveral chickens. Sums poker players up perfectly IMO. ;)
    Posted by Sky_JP
    Chicken IS finger-lickin' good...
  • edited August 2015
    Off topic but connected to the post above: I built a machine for Walkers crisps to open bags that had the wrong flavour put in them.
    Apperently it happens a lot (they use this machine all the time)

It can be 10.000 bags that say smokey bacon on the packet but have cheese and onion in them. The bags go one way and the crisps are recycled back to the bagging machine.

Maybe your friend got one that got through :)
  • edited August 2015
    Off topic but connected to the post above: I built a machine for Walkers crisps to open bags that had the wrong flavour put in them.
    Apperently it happens a lot (they use this machine all the time)

It can be 10.000 bags that say smokey bacon on the packet but have cheese and onion in them. The bags go one way and the crisps are recycled back to the bagging machine.

Maybe your friend got one that got through :)
  • edited August 2015
    Off topic but connected to the post above: I built a machine for Walkers crisps to open bags that had the wrong flavour put in them. Apperently it happens a lot (they use this machine all the time) It can be 10.000 bags that say smokey bacon on the packet but have cheese and onion in them. The bags go one way and the crisps are recycled back to the bagging machine. Maybe your friend got one that got through :)
    Posted by Goody_Ace
    That's pretty amazing!

How can it tell?
  • edited August 2015
    hehe, not as scientific as you might think.

Each batch is 'tasted' by a qualitty control person........ and when the error is found, they divert that entire batch to the bag slitter.

The scientific bit is my machine has a van de graff generator on it. This causes the empty bags to be very static (as in - like when you rub a balloon on your head and it sticks) Like magic the empty bags float off the conveyor belt towards the generator and a suction fan whisks them away leaving the crisps to go back to the start.

• edited August 2015
    hehe, not as scientific as you might think. Each batch is 'tasted' by a qualitty control person........ and when the error is found, they divert that entire batch to the bag slitter. The scientific bit is my machine has a van de graff generator on it. This causes the empty bags to be very static (as in - like when you rub a balloon on your head and it sticks) Like magic the empty bags float off the conveyor belt towards the generator and a suction fan whisks them away leaving the crisps to go back to the start.
    Posted by Goody_Ace
    Now that is awesome.

WP, WP.

• edited August 2015
    I still havent received an email yet, is there anything included in that email that i should know before heading down tomorrow?