You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Time of day, cash and sitngo

edited August 2015 in Poker Chat

Just noticing, early morning always cash games going, but very little sitngo - anyone know why there's a difference - can be similar late night too at times, but more the mornings.
?

Comments

• edited August 2015

It's a function of liquidity - there is far more liquidity (players) in cash games than SNG.

If you were to combine the liquidity in all SNG's & MTT's, it would still add up to less than half of cash game liquidity. This ratio, give or take a % or two, is common across all online poker sites.
  • edited August 2015

Thanks Tikay, makes sense I guess. Just generally more in the cash then I suppose.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Time of day, cash and sitngo:
    Thanks Tikay, makes sense I guess. Just generally more in the cash then I suppose.
    Posted by swanstu
    That's about the sum of it, yes.

And of course Sky Poker only faces  GB & RoI, so traffic is very much based on time of day or night - there's not a great deal of traffic in the early hours, then it picks up during the day, peaks in the evening, then slows down again.

It's the same with the seasons - traffic reduces in the Spring, is lowest in the Summer, goes up in the Autumn & peaks in the Winter.

Seasonality in business is a really interesting thing. (Or it is to me......)

Supermarkets LOVE the summer, people buy extra salads, barbecue food, pop, beer etc. They loathe bad weather though, as people can't get to the shops so easily. Poker sites don't much like summer, of course.

Online Poker sites do best on cold winter nights, & best of all when there are heavy falls of snow, & people can't get to work, so they sit at home & play poker instead. Poker sites LOVE bad weather at Easter, for example. 

Overall, the swing between mid-summer & mid-winter is huge. August is as bad as it gets really, but come September & October - especially when the clocks go back, making for darker evenings - traffic escalates rapidly, peaking between November & March/April.   

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Time of day, cash and sitngo:
    In Response to Re: Time of day, cash and sitngo : That's about the sum of it, yes. And of course Sky Poker only faces  GB & RoI, so traffic is very much based on time of day or night - there's not a great deal of traffic in the early hours, then it picks up during the day, peaks in the evening, then slows down again. It's the same with the seasons - traffic reduces in the Spring, is lowest in the Summer, goes up in the Autumn & peaks in the Winter.   Seasonality in business is a really interesting thing. (Or it is to me......) Supermarkets LOVE the summer, people buy extra salads, barbecue food, pop, beer etc. They loathe bad weather though, as people can't get to the shops so easily. Poker sites don't much like summer, of course.   Online Poker sites do best on cold winter nights, & best of all when there are heavy falls of snow, & people can't get to work, so they sit at home & play poker instead. Poker sites LOVE bad weather at Easter, for example.  Overall, the swing between mid-summer & mid-winter is huge. August is as bad as it gets really, but come September & October - especially when the clocks go back, making for darker evenings - traffic escalates rapidly, peaking between November & March/April.   
    Posted by Tikay10

I have the joys of seasonality having a huge impact on business at rpesent - so much so our sales increase 4 fold - then in just over 2 weeks - half then half again!  Crazy thing seasonality - but certainly keeps us on our toes.

With regards to supermarkets - they are clever and big players in the way people act in their lives - put a load of car care stuff in prom posisition - everyone is cleaning their cars - put a bbq there - everyone hits the garden then the newest games / cd's and we all sit indoors and get fat :-)

For the record on poker - turbo format  sng seems to be loading up very quick this morning :-) - just the ticket while daughter takes a morning nap :-)