You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can anyone explain.....

edited August 2015 in Poker Chat
Why do I get 10 poker points sometimes when I play £21 Husng's?

This has been happening for ages (sometimes I get 20)

I just played a £15 turbo to make sure im not going crazy and got 16 points

It seems pretty insignificant.... but the reality is its not as it is making me grind anywhere between 25% and 50% extra to get my rake to make priority

Comments

• edited August 2015
    Yeah that definitely shouldn't be happening and I can't think of a logical reason why it would. GL getting it resolved.
  • edited August 2015
    You should be getting 10 points.

It's £20 + £1 and it's 10 points per £1 so 10 points is right. The only time I can imagine it'd be 20 would be recently when it was double points on SnGs.

Fwiw, a £15 is £15 + 75p so should be 7.5 points but they round it up to 8. So again should only be 16 if Sky are doing double points.

Here's the dates of the recent double points on SnGs...

• edited August 2015
    points points roi roi...dont you folks play for fun anymore..
  • edited August 2015
    thanks, but £15 turbos are definitely paying out 16 points per game - reg in one now and see
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Can anyone explain.....:
    thanks, but £15 turbos are definitely paying out 16 points per game - reg in one now and see
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Hi m8.

It's based on the REG FEE, not the Buy-In.

A Turbo DYM is £15 + £1.50 Reg Fee, so you are entitled to 15 points. I've no idea why they round it up to 16, but that seems to be the case.

When you play a £21 (£20 + £1 reg fee) HU SNG, you only get 10 points because you only paid a £1 reg fee.

When you play a £22 (£20 + £2 Reg Fee) Turbo DYM, you get 20 points because you paid a £2 Reg Fee.

PS - don't forget next weekend it is Double Points weekend on all SNG's. Fill yer boots.

See you up at DTD, & if you need anything else clarifying, I'll introduce you to one of the Suits who know what they are talking about, or failing that, to Sam Tyrrell or Dan Spooner.

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Can anyone explain..... : Hi m8. It's based on the REG FEE, not the Buy-In.   A Turbo DYM is £15 + £1.50 Reg Fee, so you are entitled to 15 points. I've no idea why they round it up to 16, but that seems to be the case.   When you play a £21 (£20 + £1 reg fee) HU SNG, you only get 10 points because you only paid a £1 reg fee. When you play a £22 (£20 + £2 Reg Fee) Turbo DYM, you get 20 points because you paid a £2 Reg Fee.   PS - don't forget next weekend it is Double Points weekend on all SNG's. Fill yer boots. See you up at DTD, & if you need anything else clarifying, I'll introduce you to one of the Suits who know what they are talking about, or failing that, to Sam Tyrrell or Dan Spooner.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Hiya Tikay,

I am talking specifically Heads uo a 20 +1 is paying 10 points (which I understand to be correct) but the £15 + 0.75 turbo's are paying 16 points....

I am assuming there is a glitch but either way Sky are paying out to many points

I cant wait for the UKPC I may post up one of my bold prediction posts about winning the thing like I have done twice with the roller

(Unfortunately I failed both time 2nd and 8th) :/
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Can anyone explain..... : Hiya Tikay, I am talking specifically Heads uo a 20 +1 is paying 10 points (which I understand to be correct) but the £15 + 0.75 turbo's are paying 16 points.... I am assuming there is a glitch but either way Sky are paying out to many points I cant wait for the UKPC I may post up one of my bold prediction posts about winning the thing like I have done twice with the roller (Unfortunately I failed both time 2nd and 8th) :/
    Posted by Itsover4u
    I'll let the people who need to know, know. Thanks for bringing this up.

I think i'd settle for 2nd in the UKPC.

I might make a bold prediction post about me winning it. Just need to qualify now!

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Can anyone explain..... : I'll let the people who need to know, know. Thanks for bringing this up. I think i'd settle for 2nd in the UKPC. I might make a bold prediction post about me winning it. Just need to qualify now!
    Posted by Sky_JP

I feel nothing but misery finishing 2nd.... then usually feel slightly better the next morning when I check my bankroll haha

Just triple checked £15 + 0.75 paying 16 points
  • edited August 2015
    Thank you for making us aware of this, has now been resolved.