You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£5,500 worth of UKPC seats for free. Seriously?

edited August 2015 in Poker Chat

Yup, seriously.

Tomorrow evening, Sky Poker will hold a 10 x £550 seat Freeroll for the Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC this week.  

10 seats. £550 each.

Eh?

Comments

• edited August 2015

Terms & Conditions? Well of course, there's always T & C's.

You will need to earn 100 poker points in the 24 hours immediately preceding the Freeroll.

The Freeroll will start at 7pm tomorrow (Tuesday). 

Registration opens at 5pm tomorrow. 

Seats will ONLY be awarded to players who have NOT already won a seat.

The 10 seats will be awarded to the FIRST 10 PLAYERS WHO HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY WON A SEAT FOR THIS WEEK's UKPC.

If you already have a seat, please don't enter, as you wont be eligible for the seat, or any cash alternative, nor is the seat transferable.

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: £5,500 worth of UKPC seats for free. Seriously?:
    Terms & Conditions? Well of course, there's always T & C's. You will need to earn 100 poker points in the 24 hours immediately preceding the Freeroll. The Freeroll will start at 7pm tomorrow (Tuesday).  Registration opens at 5pm tomorrow.  Seats will ONLY be awarded to players who have NOT already won a seat.   The 10 seats will be awarded to the FIRST 10 PLAYERS WHO HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY WON A SEAT FOR THIS WEEK's UKPC. If you already have a seat, please don't enter, as you wont be eligible for the seat, or any cash alternative, nor is the seat transferable.   
    Posted by Tikay10

THIS.

Not sure how the numbers are looking, or not wishing to open the whole sats for cash debate, but this is an excellent move by Sky Poker. I hope it gets the support it deserves.
  • edited August 2015
    As i have bought directly in would i get the cash alternative? or will i have to dereg first?
  • edited August 2015
    As i have bought directly in would i get the cash alternative? or will i have to dereg first?
    Posted by jordz16
    I don't know the answer to that jordz, but I will try & find out.

Really, the idea is to give folks who might otherwise not be able to qualify or buy-in to have a shot at it.

It's a fair question though, & I'll ask.
  • edited August 2015

I've sent a note upstairs jordz, bear with me please.

It's a really good, but awkward question, truth to tell.

I'll have an answer very shortly I imagine.  
  • edited August 2015
    Posted by jordz16
    In this instance Jordz we would give the cash alternative. Anybody who has bought in will receive the cash alternative if they win a seat in the freeroll. 

We will issue the refund of the buy in once registration for the UKPC has closed to prevent people buying in, receiving a refund if they win a seat and then subsequently cancelling their registration.  
  • edited August 2015
    Posted by jordz16

I would dereg and play the f/roll. If you dont bink a seat, you always have the option/funds to reg direct again. You best wait for confirmation 1st though.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: £5,500 worth of UKPC seats for free. Seriously? : In this instance Jordz we would give the cash alternative. Anybody who has bought in will receive the cash alternative if they win a seat in the freeroll.  We will issue the refund of the buy in once registration for the UKPC has closed to prevent people buying in, receiving a refund if they win a seat and then subsequently cancelling their registration.  
    Posted by Sky_SamT

Huh? Is that not a contradiction to the terms?
  • edited August 2015

There you go jordz, see the reply from Sky Sam.

You did well to catch him in the office on a Monday actually, that's a 10/1 shot in itself. 

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: £5,500 worth of UKPC seats for free. Seriously? : Huh? Is that not a contradiction to the terms?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    It ONLY applies to those who have already bought in directly. Which must be a very small number I'd have thought.  
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: £5,500 worth of UKPC seats for free. Seriously? : Huh? Is that not a contradiction to the terms?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    There are very few people who have bought in and these few people may not have bought in prior to now if they knew that this was coming. 

It may be seen as a contradiction but buying in and subsequently winning a package in this promotion, is different from winning a seat via satellite or another promotion then winning another through this promo. 
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: £5,500 worth of UKPC seats for free. Seriously? : It ONLY applies to those who have already bought in directly. Which must be a very small number I'd have thought.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Arrr, ok....fair enough then (I think, ish).
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: £5,500 worth of UKPC seats for free. Seriously? : I would dereg and play the f/roll. If you dont bink a seat, you always have the option/funds to reg direct again. You best wait for confirmation 1st though.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I'd just do what Alan suggested to be honest. Quickest and easiest way for everyone. That's what I'll do.
  • edited August 2015
    Oh and great giveaway by the way! Good luck all
  • edited August 2015
    Terms & Conditions? Well of course, there's always T & C's. You will need to earn 100 poker points in the 24 hours immediately preceding the Freeroll. The Freeroll will start at 7pm tomorrow (Tuesday).  Registration opens at 5pm tomorrow.  Seats will ONLY be awarded to players who have NOT already won a seat.   The 10 seats will be awarded to the FIRST 10 PLAYERS WHO HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY WON A SEAT FOR THIS WEEK's UKPC. If you already have a seat, please don't enter, as you wont be eligible for the seat, or any cash alternative, nor is the seat transferable.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Just to clarify ( as I am dim) this means only points accumulated from 7pm tonight until 6.59pm tomorrow count?
    is that correct?
    Nick
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: £5,500 worth of UKPC seats for free. Seriously? : Just to clarify ( as I am dim) this means only points accumulated from 7pm tonight until 6.59pm tomorrow count? is that correct? Nick
    Posted by pompeynic
    Hi Nick,

I'm dim, too, you & me could be the TwoDims, but yeah, you've got it.

PS - nice result over the weekend, away to Plymouth. How that happen?

Play up pompey, just one more goal......

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: £5,500 worth of UKPC seats for free. Seriously? : Hi Nick, I'm dim, too, you & me could be the TwoDims, but yeah, you've got it. PS - nice result over the weekend, away to Plymouth. How that happen? Play up pompey, just one more goal......  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tony,
    You may have noticed I was missing from the PLO8 tables on Saturday, that was because I was at the game,  fantastic start from the team this season. I have been very impressed at the style of play that the new manager, Paul Cook, has implemented and after an incredibly long, blacker than black tunnel, I can see the light ahead.
    I am trying to keep my feet on the ground, it is hard when we look this good.
    I am unable to make the trip to Crawley tomorrow night, we sold our allocation before I could get a ticket, so I will try and get into this FANTASTIC freeroll to win a seat for the UKPC. Brilliant from Sky Poker to offer 10 seats like this.
    I have never played live poker, I would love to  win a seat and meet a few of the Sky regulars, althought this would probably mean I would miss the big home game vs Morecambe this Saturday.
    Well played Sky
    Nick
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: £5,500 worth of UKPC seats for free. Seriously? : Thanks Tony, You may have noticed I was missing from the PLO8 tables on Saturday, that was because I was at the game,  fantastic start from the team this season. I have been very impressed at the style of play that the new manager, Paul Cook, has implemented and after an incredibly long, blacker than black tunnel, I can see the light ahead. I am trying to keep my feet on the ground, it is hard when we look this good. I am unable to make the trip to Crawley tomorrow night, we sold our allocation before I could get a ticket, so I will try and get into this FANTASTIC freeroll to win a seat for the UKPC. Brilliant from Sky Poker to offer 10 seats like this. I have never played live poker, I would love to  win a seat and meet a few of the Sky regulars, althought this would probably mean I would miss the big home game vs Morecambe this Saturday. Well played Sky Nick
    Posted by pompeynic
    Honestly Nick, would be really great if you could come along, & we get to meet at last. You & me could represent the Ploppers.

Play up ploppers

Pleased to hear the tide is turning at Pompey. You've endured a few bad years, eh? I used to go to Fratton Park now & then back in the day, cracking atmo there, loved it. Uncle George lived in Portsmouth, he was a Prison Officer, but he had a wooden leg. My Dad's family all suffered from Diabetes, he had 11 brothers & sisters, & 5 of them had a leg amputated. When we went to family get togethers in Church halls with wooden floors it sounded like a convention of woodpeckers all tap tap tapping. 

Anyway, I digress slightly. Carry on.     
  • edited August 2015

This is a seriously stonking offer. Am having to seriously think whether I can amass the points in a reasonable enough time tonight, though. Won't be able to get on until 9, and with work in the morning I can't really afford to stay up all through the night - not to mention the probability that traffic will seriously diminish as the night goes on. Gonna be a massive grind on the £3 and maybe £5 DYMs, but worth giving it a go at least.

• edited August 2015
    How much rake is required per point?
  • edited August 2015
    How much rake is required per point?
    Posted by killjoy87
    There you go Mr Killjoy, all the details are HERE

Any further questions, fire away.
  • edited August 2015

Don't forget, this is tonight.

• edited August 2015
    Don't forget, this is tonight.  
    Posted by Tikay10
      Busto 7.01,  1st hand.  UTG all in , I have QQ.  Go on I think, standard freeroll move with junk,  call.  Shows KK flop 455, turn K. GG.
  • edited August 2015
    Brutal! What you gonna do. UL
  • edited August 2015
    Ok I can shut down the booking.com tab with Nottigham hotels now - just bust.

• edited August 2015
    Well done Amarie, now to bug Tikay all weekend...
  • edited August 2015
    Gutted at 12th.

Just wanted to say how enjoyable this was anyway.

thanks for putting this on.

And good luck to all those that got there.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: £5,500 worth of UKPC seats for free. Seriously? :   Busto 7.01,  1st hand.  UTG all in , I have QQ.  Go on I think, standard freeroll move with junk,  call.  Shows KK flop 455, turn K. GG.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    That's nasty stuff Pommy, ul.

It does not matter how you pay it, either - at some point, all the chips are going in.

Would have been great if you had qualified & been able to come along.
  • edited August 2015
    Ok I can shut down the booking.com tab with Nottigham hotels now - just bust.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Booooooo

Really was looking forward to hooking up in Notts.
  • edited August 2015
    Gutted at 12th. Just wanted to say how enjoyable this was anyway. thanks for putting this on. And good luck to all those that got there.
    Posted by dragon1964
    12th? Think I'd rather go out early doors, a'la Pommy.

Glad you enjoyed it, anyway. 

Next time, right?