You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

CASH GAME-HANDLING STRENGTH/DID I GET IT WRONG?

edited August 2015 in The Poker Clinic
                             Hi All,
                                     Im in a cash game in my local's back room n it gets whittled down to just 3 of us.
                                                                              Blinds are £1/£2 n I pick up As Js on the button n raise to £5 with a stack of £345.SB three bets to £14 with short stack(£48) n BB four bets to about £42 with a stack of around £320.
                                                                                BB has been playing quite solid so I assume he wouldn't 4-bet the SB unless he was really strong n expects SB to shove given the action so far.
                                                                                                              This in mind-I think a bit then fold.Sure enough ,SB gets it in and the cards were turned and I was choked to see my hand was the best and would've held if I'd stayed in.It would've given me monster cash lead as BB and me both hit a set but my kicker was better.We had about an hour of HU n I left with a decent wedge but that hand has stuck in my mind.
                                                                                                             Thoughts/advice would be appreciated,
                                                                                                                                  Thanks,
                                                                                                                                             Jim