You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

certainly just like football premeirship

Top six will always win after 2 weeks Foxes have over double the points of the team I was selected for The Hammers.
Who selected these teams ? they are so lopsided that the only chance I have is when we play one of the sides who hit less than 25000 points each week
No longer bothered or trying what a load of tosh.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2015
    It was a random selection very much like ERNIE. You would not be bleating if you had got the Foxes,. Just the luck of the draw! BTW I got the Swans. 2 and 0. LOL.
    Alpha33
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    In Response to certainly just like football premeirship:
    Top six will always win after 2 weeks Foxes have over double the points of the team I was selected for The Hammers. Who selected these teams ? they are so lopsided that the only chance I have is when we play one of the sides who hit less than 25000 points each week No longer bothered or trying what a load of tosh.
    Posted by tosca21
    You must be loads of fun down the pub.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: certainly just like football premeirship:
    It was a random selection very much like ERNIE. You would not be bleating if you had got the Foxes,. Just the luck of the draw! BTW I got the Swans. 2 and 0. LOL. Alpha33
    Posted by Alpha33
     Just because it was random doesn't justify it. Maybe we wouldn't be bleating but somebody else would justifiably. 
    I've said elsewhere the randomness is flawed. It could have been seeded.
    The most crazy thing is that the winners each week are the players who least need £5 because they are the players with huge pots to start with.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: certainly just like football premeirship :  Just because it was random doesn't justify it. Maybe we wouldn't be bleating but somebody else would justifiably.  I've said elsewhere the randomness is flawed. It could have been seeded. The most crazy thing is that the winners each week are the players who least need £5 because they are the players with huge pots to start with.
    Posted by DARWISH
    How old are u Darwish reason i ask is because i am wondering if u are in breach of skys 18 and over policy because u are acting like a cry baby. It's a free extra promotion from sky it costs u nothing u will not have to play the best teams each week so u still got a chance to win  few totally free bets and tickets plus play a freeroll at the end of it

Your last comment is so idiotic  1) the winners each week are 150-200 of them on each winning team a lot of them are small rake earners just lucky to have a few big rake earners on their team 2) the few big rake earners  will not need the free bets but they are certainly the most deserving to win them
  • Options
    edited August 2015

For EVERYONE  to have a chance teams need to be redrawn each week

• Options
    edited August 2015
    SIn Response to Re: certainly just like football premeirship:
    Posted by zadoc
    So presumably when the promo finishes in six weeks time you will want a draw to see if you get in the 20K 10K or 5k freeroll. I suppose we could all meet at a motorway services and do it with raffle tickets or do it the old fashioned way of last man standing. At work I had a notice on my desk which said "Make sure you brain is in gear before you engage your mouth." I say no more.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    When do we get the free bet

• Options
    edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: certainly just like football premeirship :  Just because it was random doesn't justify it. Maybe we wouldn't be bleating but somebody else would justifiably.  I've said elsewhere the randomness is flawed. It could have been seeded. The most crazy thing is that the winners each week are the players who least need £5 because they are the players with huge pots to start with.
    Posted by DARWISH
    if it was seeded chances are most games would be draws, then no one would get anything and everyone would be moaning
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    SIn Response to Re: certainly just like football premeirship : So presumably when the promo finishes in six weeks time you will want a draw to see if you get in the 20K 10K or 5k freeroll. I suppose we could all meet at a motorway services and do it with raffle tickets or do it the old fashioned way of last man standing. At work I had a notice on my desk which said "Make sure you brain is in gear before you engage your mouth." I say no more.
    Posted by Alpha33
      There's no need to be offensive. 

I just think the promo was better last year, the weekly prize/free bets were spread round more. 
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: certainly just like football premeirship :   There's no need to be offensive.    I just think the promo was better last year, the weekly prize/free bets were spread round more. 
    Posted by zadoc
    agree with zadoc last seasons promo did seem better and fairer than this one, how about this £5 free bet if your team wins (foxes will win most/every week) the £5.50 poker token if your assigned team wins in the real premier league. that way even if your in a rubbish poker team you still have a chance of winning something. btw maybe i should just shut up my assigned team is the foxes lol.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: certainly just like football premeirship :   There's no need to be offensive.    I just think the promo was better last year, the weekly prize/free bets were spread round more. 
    Posted by zadoc
    I had no intention of being offensive and if you took it that way I apologise. I was lightheartly trying to illustrate that your thinking is completely flawed. Having said that I agree that last years promo was better.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: certainly just like football premeirship : agree with zadoc last seasons promo did seem better and fairer than this one, how about this £5 free bet if your team wins (foxes will win most/every week) the £5.50 poker token if your assigned team wins in the real premier league. that way even if your in a rubbish poker team you still have a chance of winning something. btw maybe i should just shut up my assigned team is the foxes lol.
    Posted by safc71
    Last week being assigned to the Swans I got a free £5 bet and £5-50 in tokens.  In this promo the Swans accrued 39938 points and the Blues 20888 and therefore the Swans won their match. Swansea drew 2 - 2 away at Chelsea in the real Premier League. Look at the league table in the promo. Swans have 6 points. If your premise is correct they would only have 4 having won against Newcastle and drawn with Chelsea. This all about poker points your team gets, nothing to do with real football.
    Alpha33
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: certainly just like football premeirship : Last week being assigned to the Swans I got a free £5 bet and £5-50 in tokens.  In this promo the Swans accrued 39938 points and the Blues 20888 and therefore the Swans won their match. Swansea drew 2 - 2 away at Chelsea in the real Premier League. Look at the league table in the promo. Swans have 6 points. If your premise is correct they would only have 4 having won against Newcastle and drawn with Chelsea. This all about poker points your team gets, nothing to do with real football. Alpha33
    Posted by Alpha33
      Your're right it is all about poker points.

With only one random allocation of players into teams, you have the potential for a lot of " small fish " in one team without any larger points accumulators and with the " league " only played for a few games i.e. not every team playing every other team, the smaller points scoring teams may not get to play each other.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: certainly just like football premeirship : How old are u Darwish reason i ask is because i am wondering if u are in breach of skys 18 and over policy because u are acting like a cry baby. It's a free extra promotion from sky it costs u nothing u will not have to play the best teams each week so u still got a chance to win  few totally free bets and tickets plus play a freeroll at the end of it Your last comment is so idiotic  1) the winners each week are 150-200 of them on each winning team a lot of them are small rake earners just lucky to have a few big rake earners on their team 2) the few big rake earners  will not need the free bets but they are certainly the most deserving to win them
    Posted by ALLEYKITTY
    Age has nothing to do with it. Like other offensive posts, you are being aggresive while I am just pointing out that this promo is flawed; a fact that quite a few of us recognise. 
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: certainly just like football premeirship : How old are u Darwish reason i ask is because i am wondering if u are in breach of skys 18 and over policy because u are acting like a cry baby. It's a free extra promotion from sky it costs u nothing u will not have to play the best teams each week so u still got a chance to win  few totally free bets and tickets plus play a freeroll at the end of it Your last comment is so idiotic  1) the winners each week are 150-200 of them on each winning team a lot of them are small rake earners just lucky to have a few big rake earners on their team 2) the few big rake earners  will not need the free bets but they are certainly the most deserving to win them
    Posted by ALLEYKITTY

Yep. Just saw that you are willing to bet £100 on 77. So now I know why you are so arrogant.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: certainly just like football premeirship : Age has nothing to do with it. Like other offensive posts, you are being aggresive while I am just pointing out that this promo is flawed; a fact that quite a few of us recognise. 
    Posted by DARWISH
    On what grounds is it flawed?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    few is a key word here.

A "few" people complained last year that it was hard to follow with the chopping and changing of the teams.

This year a "few" people are complaining that the teams remain the same.

There will always be a "few" moaners however Sky try to give extra money away.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    the idea of the promotion is to motivate players to play more poker to generate more points and therefore generate more rake for sky. By demotivating players in weaker teams because they have no chance (and lets be honest players in stronger teams dont have to try has hard), then from skys perspective this promotion is flawed
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Sometimes weaker teams will play each other.

With holidays, the ukpc, other points race incentives different people may grind more on different weeks. What odds would you like to correctly predict the remaning fixtures based on results to date?

The structure of this particular event does actually favour the small stakes low volume players. There are many promos where us recs have 0 chance of making a reward. Here even in a weak team sometimes we will get there so worth putting in the 100pts to be able to claim it and 400 over the duration for the FR.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    the idea of the promotion is to motivate players to play more poker to generate more points and therefore generate more rake for sky. By demotivating players in weaker teams because they have no chance (and lets be honest players in stronger teams dont have to try has hard), then from skys perspective this promotion is flawed
    Posted by The_Laird
    agree with this.

redraw every week and maintain everyone's interest throughout promo, therefore more play = more rake
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Sometimes weaker teams will play each other. With holidays, the ukpc, other points race incentives different people may grind more on different weeks. What odds would you like to correctly predict the remaning fixtures based on results to date? The structure of this particular event does actually favour the small stakes low volume players. There are many promos where us recs have 0 chance of making a reward. Here even in a weak team sometimes we will get there so worth putting in the 100pts to be able to claim it and 400 over the duration for the FR.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Pointless Phantom. It's clearly a flawed promotion. I'm so demotivated to play right now.

Get me on Alvez's team or I'm never playing on Sky ever again.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: certainly just like football premeirship : Pointless Phantom. It's clearly a flawed promotion. I'm so demotivated to play right now. Get me on Alvez's team or I'm never playing on Sky ever again.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    :D I am sure that everyone who has complained would normally put in 3 to 4k pts a week but now due to the demotivation of this promo are not playing at all. Sky will of course realise this and change the promotion fortwith.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    As individuals we read the Prem Promo information in the first person. Sky has written it as generic information for everyone and therefore it is in the plural. The Promo, in my opinion, has not been well explained, vague in places and as it is in the plural sometimes misleading. "Poker Points for your respective teams" is a prime example which generates the "Do I have the same team for the entire promo?" questions. It could of course be bad English and should read "team's". To be fair it does state in the info that you do keep the same team. People have not read the information properly and or understood it completely, possibly not through their own fault. Posts like "where are the games? I go on every night but cannot see them" completely phases me. There are people who think there is an element of real Premiership football with regard to the £5 free bet. Where do they get that idea from? This promo is all about Poker Points and nothing else. It all goes back to my original comments. Basically badly written promo info. As for the individuals who want the teams redrawn every week to make it fairer clearly have flawed thinking. At the end of the promo there are Freerolls of 20K for top team, 10K for 2, 3, 4, 5 and 5K for 6 down to 20. There are eight weeks in the promo which means in theory under their premise you could play for eight different teams. Perhaps one of these people could explain to me how to decide what team you are on in the Freeroll? Luck of the draw, rub of the green, fickle finger of fate, call it what you will. We were all allocated a team at random. Some good, some not so good, that is life. Get on with it. AA all in preflop heads up is 85% favorite to win. I lost nine yes nine consecutively. I lived with, very miffed or course, but did not start bleating about on the forums. Finally those who say they will never play on Sky again have forgotten that there is still a 5K Freeroll even for the bottom team provided they as an individual have accrued 400 Poker Points in the eight weeks. Please be aware this is my point of view and maybe my thinking is flawed. I have not made mention of individuals and would not do so. There is no intention to belittle or insult anyone and if a person feels that way I will be happy to meet them at dawn on Hackney Marshes or Wanstead Flats. Bring a second, some chips and a pack of cards so we can have a four-handed game.
    Alpha33
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: certainly just like football premeirship : Pointless Phantom. It's clearly a flawed promotion. I'm so demotivated to play right now. Get me on Alvez's team or I'm never playing on Sky ever again.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    TBF that is a bit of a flaw, in that if you are true rec then there is zero incentive to put in the extra hands required to make it to 100pts (or, now, 50) as you know that you will get no additional benefit to doing that if you're on a rubbish team (assuming you'd have definitely not played the extra poker regardless of the promo).

Compare that to, say, the golden ticket promos where you know that you personally are guaranteed a direct shot at the top prize (whatever that may be) if you grind your 50/100pts in a week and there is a clear carrot to play a little bit more if you are the sort of person that normally gets 40pts week-in, week-out.

That's the only extra way of driving significant extra rake, so if it doesn't attract the recs to play more then the promo is a bit flawed. I'm 99.9% certain that the reg players like Alvez aren't upping their volume just to make sure they win a couple of £5 tokens every week :)

That's for Sky Poker's owners to worry about though, they obviously see enough benefit to doing this promo. And if they don't, it won't be repeated.

For the player there is zero downside. Who wants to play poker through August anyway. Go on holiday. Spend hours in a beer garden. Wander about looking at women letting it all hang out in the sun.... way more fun things to do than blag some free bets that will most likely lose anyway :)
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Posted by zadoc
    And you could just as easily get a team that loses every week. Regardless of how the promotion works your ev is going to be the same. If you want to be in a team that wins, then maybe contribute towards your teams total more than you do? If that isn't possible, well then you shouldn't be complaining - it's free money that Sky are giving away. 

The only people with any scope to complain are the people that get at least 500 points in a week for a team that never wins - yes, it's a little unlucky but that doesn't mean the promotion is flawed.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: certainly just like football premeirship : And you could just as easily get a team that loses every week. Regardless of how the promotion works your ev is going to be the same. If you want to be in a team that wins, then maybe contribute towards your teams total more than you do? If that isn't possible, well then you shouldn't be complaining - it's free money that Sky are giving away.  The only people with any scope to complain are the people that get at least 500 points in a week for a team that never wins - yes, it's a little unlucky but that doesn't mean the promotion is flawed.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Not moaning or complaining, just my opinion.

I accept you could still be drawn into a loosing team every week.

would be interested to know from sky when promo ended which was better last year or this year. 
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: certainly just like football premeirship : And you could just as easily get a team that loses every week. Regardless of how the promotion works your ev is going to be the same. If you want to be in a team that wins, then maybe contribute towards your teams total more than you do? If that isn't possible, well then you shouldn't be complaining - it's free money that Sky are giving away.  The only people with any scope to complain are the people that get at least 500 points in a week for a team that never wins - yes, it's a little unlucky but that doesn't mean the promotion is flawed.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Yeah thats me, didn't really want to say anything for fear of getting jumped on. Tbh it doesn't bother me which freeroll me or my team plays in but if the reason that sky are running this promo is to get people playing more, then they will have failed with this one. Soon as a rec or a moderate points scorer realises that their team doesnt have enough of the mega grinders, they wont bother.

On reflection, perhaps previous versions of this promo where better.

Still it could have been worse, I could have been put in the spurs team! 
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Could have been worse for me, I could have been playing for Arsenal ;)