You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SillySilve R.I.P.

edited August 2015 in Poker Chat
I'm sorry if this is considered innapropriate.
A day ago my great online mucker Gerardirl, told me that his great pal, Silve, had passed away.
I know she played a hell of a lot of PLO and was considered a diamond. Although I didn't play against Silve very much, the news has affected me a bit. It's a strange old online world we live in sometimes,  I 'know' Ger like the back of my hand, yet we've never met.  It was incredibly moving to read Ger making comments of helping to carry his great mate to her final resting place. Was very shocking to see another player at the table hearing the news for the first time too.
Not sure why I'm writing this to be honest. Pretty much lost for words. That's a first.
Chin up Ger. Bless ya Silve.
xx

Comments

• edited August 2015
    this is very sad news slyv i got on very well with slyv we were always chatting playing bhs rip johnny
  • edited August 2015

Terrible, terrible, news, & a Karen's post was so very moving.

I was aware of Silve's passing, & I can but imagine how upset Ger was.

Doubt many on here have heard of Silve, but she played nearly 4,000 SNG's on Sky Poker, never caused a spot of bother to a soul, & was always polite, respectful & well-mannered.

We are blessed to be able to share tables with such diamonds as Silve.

RIP Silve.

xx  
  • edited August 2015
    RIP Silve.
    All the best.
    Rainman.
  • edited August 2015
    RIP 
    sad times
  • edited August 2015
    always sad to here news like this rip sylve condolenses to family and friends
  • edited August 2015
    Top top lady supported to the end by her best friend and one of the nicest guys on here.

• edited August 2015
    Wow such a shock, my thoughts and prayers to all her family and friends

RIP Silv

Anne
    xxx
  • edited August 2015

Rip silve, condolenses to family and friends.

• edited August 2015
    Thank you all,

Flashjonny Im not sure if silve played bounty hunters I know there was another player with a very similar name (I think the other name was sillysylvia or something very close).

Sillysilve was my best friend and we met through work and continued to work together up to her passing.

Sylvia introduced me to poker and she was a regular on the plo dym tables.

It is a reflection on what an amazing person she was that so many online players were deeply affected by her passing without ever having met her in person. A couple of players had added her on facebook.

Sylvia was on dialysis since she was 10 years old and lived to 41 years, she was on dialysis longer than anyone in Ireland.

Sylvia loved her time on sky poker and this was a special time in her life. She had many gifts on her coffin including poker cards a game she loved but it was the people she loved even more. Her fairwell song was "always look on the bright side of life" which is very fitting for us poker players.

Thanks to all of you for bringing her such happiness in the later years of her amazing and wonderful life.

Ger

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: SillySilve R.I.P.:
    Thank you all, Flashjonny Im not sure if silve played bounty hunters I know there was another player with a very similar name (I think the other name was sillysylvia or something very close). Sillysilve was my best friend and we met through work and continued to work together up to her passing. Sylvia introduced me to poker and she was a regular on the plo dym tables. It is a reflection on what an amazing person she was that so many online players were deeply affected by her passing without ever having met her in person. A couple of players had added her on facebook. Sylvia was on dialysis since she was 10 years old and lived to 41 years, she was on dialysis longer than anyone in Ireland. Sylvia loved her time on sky poker and this was a special time in her life. She had many gifts on her coffin including poker cards a game she loved but it was the people she loved even more. Her fairwell song was "always look on the bright side of life" which is very fitting for us poker players. Thanks to all of you for bringing her such happiness in the later years of her amazing and wonderful life. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl

Oh Ger am so sorry. Remember you said something when was chatting on the tables. My deepest condolences to you and all her family and friends at this sad time. Xx