You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament tokens beware

edited August 2015 in Poker Chat
I just registered into a £2.25 DYM.

The system used a £2.20 token, fine, I'm cool with that. However it also used a £3.30 token to cover the remaining 5p. Not good. I'd rather use 5p cash thank-you.

I was given no notification my tokens had either been awarded or were being used. Fortunately I looked at 'my account' and realised what I was happening in time to de-reg. It's no big deal, but had I not noticed £3.25 of my £5.50 Premiership winnings would have disappeared into the ether.

I'm posting here to help others avoid the same trap.

Comments

• edited August 2015
    This happened to me. Waiting ages to receive token so didn't give much thought when registered for a £3.30 DYM. Only saw it for a split second that it was using a token, tried to go back but I was last to join so launched before I could dereg. 

Very frustrating!
  • edited August 2015
    Does the same even if you play a game the size of the £3.30 token 1st.Takes £2.20 token 1st then all the £3.30 for the rest.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Tournament tokens beware:
    Does the same even if you play a game the size of the £3.30 token 1st.Takes £2.20 token 1st then all the £3.30 for the rest.
    Posted by belsibub
    So play a £2.20 one first, followed by a £3.30 one? Seems a logical solution.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Tournament tokens beware:
    In Response to Re: Tournament tokens beware : So play a £2.20 one first, followed by a £3.30 one? Seems a logical solution.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Only if you know prior to playing hence post!
  • edited August 2015
    Sky do an amazing job  pretty much all of the  time, then this sort of stuff tarnishes all the good work.
  • edited August 2015
    Thanks for this thread. Saved me wasting part of my token as I made sure I only regged for a 2.20 6max

Lost it the more traditional way - 1st hand gii on a 752 flop with KK opponent hits the 9 to go with their 7 on the turn and no K,5, or 2 on river so it's gg. That pretty much sums up my week.

Perhaps sky should award x5 1.10 tokens until they code a more flexible way of deciding how they are spent?

It isn't a new issue as the problem was aired when the 2.30 rewards tokens started to be issued.

Ultimately I would like to have the choice to save them up and choose exactly when to use them. It would also be easy to then provide flexible SNG SATs that issue tokens, which seems to be in demand too.
  • edited August 2015
    Definitely something not right here.

I only regged a 2.20 (6max) and then a 3.30 (dym). Both tokens were used but I was still deducted cash from 1. CC did refund me the cash so I haven't lost out.
  • edited August 2015
    Is it still taking smallest 1st?