You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Copa Libertadores BET for tomorrow + Bets for the weekend

edited January 2010 in The Shed
Uggghhhh.....that was a tough beating I got this weekend with Atletico Madrid at Getafe. Went a little bit wild on my bets on Atletico and lost a lot....didn't expect that they are not gonna show up at all for the game....

Anyway, here I got a pretty good bet to share (As good as Atletico I guess):

The game is a Copa Libertadores qualification match (1st game) for the groups:

Real Potosi (Bolivia) v Cruzeiro (Brazil)

In this matchup we are talking about the champion of Bolivia against the 4th team in Brazil last season. The 1st thing that caught my eye was that Real Potosi is the favourite (according to the bookies). This I consider as a big mistake by the bookies, since the quality difference between the 2 sides is enormous. 

Last year, at the same time, I watched the same Real Potosi playing against Palmeiras (Brazil) in the same qualifying round and the games finished: 1st game 5:1 for Palmeiras, and the second 2:1 for Palmeiras.

The only bad thing for Cruzeiro will be the high altitude in Bolivia. However I think that by the time the altitude plays its role (which is around 65th minute onwards) Cruzeiro is already gonna be leading with something like 2:0 or 2:1. I just don't see Potosi winning this game, because they are just not from the same class as any Brazilian team, not to mention the 4th placed team.

So my main bet is: Cruzerio +0.25 Asian Handicap @ 1.75-1.80 depending on the bookie. Even if the game is tied we still win half of our bet with this handicap.

...I have already a few bets placed for this weekend in Spain as well. For those interested these are:
Sevilla (+0.0 AH) at home vs Valencia
Espanyol (+0.0) at home vs Athletic Bilbao & Over 2 goals

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Real Potosi (Bolivia) v Cruzeiro (Brazil) 1:1 FT

Goal by Potosi in 89th minute makes it a half-win. Nothing we can do....

One more bet I made for the weekend:

ITALY SERIA A:

Cagliari v Fiorentina - Cagliari +0.0 Asian Handicap/or Draw no Bet

Fiorentina's Mutu is probably going to be suspended because of the drug issue and I believe that would  be a big shock for the whole team, and they might not be fully focused on the game. On top of that he is one of their main players.
  • edited January 2010

Ive just seen the story on the news about Mutu! How cud he fail another drug test after last time???? what a clown

How longs a players career? 14/15 years? - Minus a year for injuries, if ya lucky...

N minus 8 years for failing drug tests!!! - wat a muppet

DOHH