You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Satellites & Late Reg

edited August 2015 in Poker Chat

At the moment I'm stopping myself from trying to satellite into the daily main events because they all start at 8pm - this is the precise time my missus finishes work and currently I'm having to pick her up, so I don't get back until 8.20 or so. My problem is, should I win a seat via satellite my assumption is that I then get automatically registered ahead of the Tournament start - which would mean that I blind away for the first 20 minutes or so. I know it's no biggie, but I'd prefer the opportunity to register as soon as I get back, thus joining the game with a full stack.

I guess I should ask first of all whether it is possible to do that now? I've never qualified for anything and then tried to un-register so I don't know if that's possible. In that case I'd just de-reg, take the money back and then re-reg when I get back online, easy-peasy.

But if it's not possible to do that, can something be set-up whereby someone who qualified can de-reg and get their entry fee back as a tournament token, which can then be used to late reg with? I guess it won't be very easy to implement and if there's not any kind of demand for it then it won't happen, which is fair enough, but worth finding out anyway. Also I'm aware there's been some complaints flying around about how the tournament tokens are working at present, but I imagine/hope Sky are looking at sorting that as we speak.

Comments

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Satellites & Late Reg:
    At the moment I'm stopping myself from trying to satellite into the daily main events because they all start at 8pm - this is the precise time my missus finishes work and currently I'm having to pick her up, so I don't get back until 8.20 or so. My problem is, should I win a seat via satellite my assumption is that I then get automatically registered ahead of the Tournament start - which would mean that I blind away for the first 20 minutes or so. I know it's no biggie, but I'd prefer the opportunity to register as soon as I get back, thus joining the game with a full stack. I guess I should ask first of all whether it is possible to do that now? I've never qualified for anything and then tried to un-register so I don't know if that's possible. In that case I'd just de-reg, take the money back and then re-reg when I get back online, easy-peasy. But if it's not possible to do that, can something be set-up whereby someone who qualified can de-reg and get their entry fee back as a tournament token, which can then be used to late reg with? I guess it won't be very easy to implement and if there's not any kind of demand for it then it won't happen, which is fair enough, but worth finding out anyway. Also I'm aware there's been some complaints flying around about how the tournament tokens are working at present, but I imagine/hope Sky are looking at sorting that as we speak.
    Posted by YoungUn
    You can register for the main, win a sest. Cash gets credited to your account, you can then unreg the main and register when you are ready to go. 

You can often pick up easy chips in the early stages so have you not thought about explaining this to the Mrs and getting her to walk. You could also explain the fitness benefits of walking to her. When saying this I would recommend she doesnt have objects that can be thrown anywhere near her!
  • edited August 2015
    Ohhhh, thanks Matt. Didn't know that was possible so will try that in future. Will have to remain disciplined in terms of BRM though, make sure I unreg if I fail to win a seat.

I have thought about that, but she works a good 10 miles away from where we live so I'd fear for my life if I suggested she walked!! I did once make her play on my phone as we were driving back, but that went terribly so won't be doing it again!