You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

private messages

edited August 2015 in Poker Chat
i think there should be an alert on the main lobby to say you have recived a message .as i dont check them very often and im not sure others do either as it doesnt show an icon to say u have a messge . would be nice then people wont ignore u etc

Comments

• edited August 2015
    In Response to private messages:
    i think there should be an alert on the main lobby to say you have recived a message .as i dont check them very often and im not sure others do either as it doesnt show an icon to say u have a messge . would be nice then people wont ignore u etc
    Posted by reeler
    Yeah, used to get an email alerting you but those days are gone. Some kind of heads up would be nice, though I'm usually in no rush to read the things that people send me.

Got one yesterday evening saying that I'm unemployed and should just come out and admit it :)
  • edited August 2015
    Posted by reeler
    Sorry, if you sent me a PM, I didn't know because of the reasons you have listed above.

However, If you did NOT send me a PM, then the resolution to the issue would be of no benefit to me as you did not send me a PM and therefore I did/would not have received a notification.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to send me a PM, although without the notifications function, it may be a while before I get back to you. :)
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: private messages:
    In Response to private messages : Yeah, used to get an email alerting you but those days are gone. Some kind of heads up would be nice, though I'm usually in no rush to read the things that people send me. Got one yesterday evening saying that I'm unemployed and should just coming out and admit it :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I thought everybody already knew this :)
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to private messages : Yeah, used to get an email alerting you but those days are gone. Some kind of heads up would be nice, though I'm usually in no rush to read the things that people send me. Got one yesterday evening saying that I'm unemployed and should just come out and admit it :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Yeah! That prompted me to check mine and there they are - unread messages. The email thing has faded out.
    An on-screen notification would be ideal. I guess that would be down to Pluck though.. and their software is a bit .. 1980s.

• edited August 2015
    Posted by reeler
    Hi reeler.

That's a hands up job, you are absolutely correct.

It used to send us an e-Mail notification, but something broke & it no longer does so.

It's a bit annoying, I agree. Personally, I've had to get in the habit of going to my PM's (via "Profile") first thing every morning to check & see if any have arrived.

Overall, it's not too bad, just a bit irritating. Rather like hhtyftrftdr in some ways.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: private messages : Yeah! That prompted me to check mine and there they are - unread messages. The email thing has faded out. An on-screen notification would be ideal. I guess that would be down to Pluck though.. and their software is a bit .. 1980s.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    No further questions, M'Lord.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to private messages : Hi reeler. That's a hands up job, you are absolutely correct. It used to send us an e-Mail notification, but something broke & it no longer does so. It's a bit annoying, I agree. Personally, I've had to get in the habit of going to my PM's (via "Profile") first thing every morning to check & see if any have arrived. Overall, it's not too bad, just a bit irritating. Rather like hhtyftrftdr in some ways.
    Posted by Tikay10
    while you here tikay could u ask sky dan when hes giving me that free tourney token lol ty tikay
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: private messages : while you here tikay could u ask sky dan when hes giving me that free tourney token lol ty tikay
    Posted by reeler
    I'll give him a little nudge for you reeler. With a club hammer.  
  • edited August 2015
    Subscribe to thread also stopped working at the same time so I assume related.

Useful for us competion table scoring thread update type people :(
  • edited August 2015
    Subscribe to thread also stopped working at the same time so I assume related. Useful for us competion table scoring thread update type people :(
    Posted by Boxster
    I've never used that, here or elsewhere, but I'll take your word for it boxster.

And yeah, probably related.
  • edited August 2015
    The only reason I would inbox reeler would be to say...

Sorry About Stacking twice again bud ;)
  • edited August 2015
    I never get messages :-(
    #billynomates
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: private messages : I'll give him a little nudge for you reeler. With a club hammer.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    i take it hes not around ive sent him  a pm but hes prob not seen it as notifications dont work lol
  • edited August 2015
    The only reason I would inbox reeler would be to say... Sorry About Stacking twice again bud ;)
    Posted by mumsie
    its not hard too stack me at the moment my game is went down hill bud lol 
  • edited August 2015
    I never get messages :-( #billynomates
    Posted by VespaPX
    you got me xxx
  • edited August 2015
    Posted by reeler
    they ignore me anyway, infact they run a mile to just be rid of me
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to private messages : Sorry, if you sent me a PM, I didn't know because of the reasons you have listed above. However, If you did NOT send me a PM, then the resolution to the issue would be of no benefit to me as you did not send me a PM and therefore I did/would not have received a notification. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to send me a PM, although without the notifications function, it may be a while before I get back to you. :)
    Posted by POKERTREV
    and how many have i send you that you have ignored
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to private messages : they ignore me anyway, infact they run a mile to just be rid of me
    Posted by paige55
    i get the feeling were both getting ignored ha ha
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: private messages : and how many have i send you that you have ignored
    Posted by paige55
    and you could not bother to wish me a happy 33rd wedding anniversary some friend :):):):)
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: private messages : and you could not bother to wish me a happy 33rd wedding anniversary some friend :):):):)
    Posted by paige55
    well thanks trev xx