You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Jackpot Winner

edited September 2015 in Poker Chat

JACKPOT

result: 1 winner and no other near misses.
103 stood a chance of winning the main + mini jackpot

Comments

• edited August 2015

oioi, thanks Rob.

We can't see the photo "reveal", which will probably be Monday (ugh), so I'll have a look on GaryQQQ's thread.
  • edited August 2015

The answer appears to be "magicdaz", who finished 1st in the Main & 6th in the Mini, for a £250 Bonus.

Magic.

• edited August 2015

yes, magicdaz  excellent stuff.  wp.

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Jackpot Winner:
    yes, magicdaz  excellent stuff.  wp.  
    Posted by aussie09
    There used to be a washing powder named "Daz", & another called "Omo", they were the only two brands available at the time.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Jackpot Winner : There used to be a washing powder named "Daz", & another called "Omo", they were the only two brands available at the time.
    Posted by Tikay10
    what about surf and tide tk??? - lol - btw congrats to the jackpot winner magicdaz

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Jackpot Winner : what about surf and tide tk??? - lol - btw congrats to the jackpot winner magicdaz
    Posted by imber
    Ooh yes - I forgot that one. HUGE seller.

Pretty sure they were all the same really.

I was in West Africa a lot in the 80's & 90's, & all three were very popular out there, which struck me as a touch odd, as their advertising slogan was "making whites whiter".   
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Jackpot Winner : Ooh yes - I forgot that one. HUGE seller. Pretty sure they were all the same really. I was in West Africa a lot in the 80's & 90's, & all three were very popular out there, which struck me as a touch odd, as their advertising slogan was "making whites whiter".    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Men and women used to use Omo as a sign to their lovers that their other halfs  were away. They used to leave it in the window or somewhere the other person could see it so it also read as on my own.

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Jackpot Winner : Ooh yes - I forgot that one. HUGE seller. Pretty sure they were all the same really. I was in West Africa a lot in the 80's & 90's, & all three were very popular out there, which struck me as a touch odd, as their advertising slogan was "making whites whiter".    
    Posted by Tikay10
    they also talked about a "blue whitener" totally confusing to us of the possibly unenlightened gender - lol
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Jackpot Winner : they also talked about a "blue whitener" totally confusing to us of the possibly unenlightened gender - lol
    Posted by imber
    Ha, yes.

Years before that, there used to be something called a "blue bag" or "bluey" that we added to the washing machine. God knows what it was supposed to do, or how adding blue stuff makes white stuff whiter.

Think they cost a penny (old penny) each.

Anyway, we''d best get back on topic, in case we get shouted at for discussing non-poker things.

• edited August 2015

back on track....

was jackpot winner GSmith13 credited as there's no mention on the promotion page list?

GSmith13 came 6th in the Main and 6th in the Mini
    9 August
    Prize £50.

.. anyway, back to luminescors.

• edited August 2015
    back on track.... was jackpot winner GSmith13 credited as there's no mention on the promotion page list? GSmith13 came 6th in the Main and 6th in the Mini 9 August Prize £50. .. anyway, back to luminescors.
    Posted by aussie09
    I am sure he would have been. They are a bit short-staffed in the Content dept right now, so that page, & similar ones, are not all as up to date as they might be.

• edited August 2015
    Very weel played!
  • edited September 2015
    magicdaz needs to run better, he also won last night's £8,000 Bounty Hunter!
  • edited September 2015

dan, is magic actually allowed at the tables?

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Jackpot Winner : I am sure he would have been. They are a bit short-staffed in the Content dept right now, so that page, & similar ones, are not all as up to date as they might be.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Trying to update it as we speak but I appear to be as stupid as you already think I am.
  • edited September 2015
    dan, is magic actually allowed at the tables?
    Posted by aussie09
    Funny you should say that, I actually played a live tournament with a chap last week and what did he end up doing for a living? He was a proper magician. A young, cool good-looking one.

On the break he showed us a really impressive trick with the dealer's cards. I did wonder if people like him should be allowed to play poker! When he got knocked out shortly afterwards I felt a little happier.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Jackpot Winner : Funny you should say that, I actually played a live tournament with a chap last week and what did he end up doing for a living? He was a proper magician. A young, cool good-looking one. On the break he showed us a really impressive trick with the dealer's cards. I did wonder if people like him should be allowed to play poker! When he got knocked out shortly afterwards I felt a little happier.
    Posted by Sky_Dan

Was it me?
  • edited September 2015
    Huge congrats xx
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Jackpot Winner : Was it me?
    Posted by Tikay10

Now that would be a magic trick LOL