You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bankroll challenge turn £2.00 into £1000.

edited September 2015 in Poker Chat
day 1 played £2.00 on d cash gane 0.02- 0.04 cash out £9.37.

profit £7.37 great start.

bankroll is now £9.37 i'm on d right track.

Comments

• edited August 2015

That's a long road ahead, but it's possible, good luck.

GaryQQQ once turned £0 into £1,000 by Freerolls if I recall correctly, so it can be done.

He once said it was important to Update even on losing days (guilty as charged), so try & make sure you report every day. Targets are really good, they help keep us focused.

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: bankroll challenge turn £2.00 into £1000.:
    That's a long road ahead, but it's possible, good luck. GaryQQQ once turned £0 into £1,000 by Freerolls if I recall correctly, so it can be done.   He once said it was important to Update even on losing days (guilty as charged), so try & make sure you report every day. Targets are really good, they help keep us focused.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    i will but on thursday i be in spain for 1week. but when i come back i be playing flat out on sitngo double your money until xmas. for every 25 buy ins of my bankroll i will move a level i goal is 2 play £33.00.
  • edited August 2015
    day 2 
    played £2.30 bountry hunter lost push all in AQ V JJ.

played 0.02 -0.04 bought in for £2.00 lost.

played another 0.02 - 0.04 bought in for £2.00 cash out £6.89.

profit £2.69.

bankroll is now £10.21.
  • edited August 2015
    Good luck mr cards. 

These targets are great for the old motivation.  I remember back in the glory days of the Sky Poker Forum in April 2010 Richard Orford ran a bankroll challenge thread which got a lot of interest.  I'm still using the same bankroll now, which has grown from the £1 I decided to start with, so it can be done (with a lot of discipline).

W
  • edited August 2015
    Mine was 1,000 poker points (zero cash) to £1,000. Tournaments only, no cash games. I posted all results in full daily. Win, lose or draw.

At the time there were four daily freerolls. Each cost 25 poker points to enter with a £50 prizepool. On Saturdays and Sundays only there 10 poker point Omaha freerolls. I'd never really played Omaha before, but with a £100 prizepool up for grabs they were unmissable for the first few weeks.

http://bit.ly/1ekh1Nn 

Good luck.
  • edited August 2015
    Mine was 1,000 poker points (zero cash) to £1,000. Tournaments only, no cash games. I posted all results in full daily. Win, lose or draw.   At the time there were four daily freerolls. Each cost 25 poker points to enter with a £50 prizepool. On Saturdays and Sundays only there 10 poker point Omaha freerolls. I'd never really played Omaha before, but with a £100 prizepool up for grabs they were unmissable for the first few weeks. http://bit.ly/1ekh1Nn   Good luck.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    thanks!
  • edited August 2015
    somecards1, unfortunately you're doomed to fail if you carry on with this bankroll management. Of course, if you don't mind this and your main objective is to have fun, then forget this post.

If you want to give yourself a higher chance of making the 1k though, I'd advise doing something similar to what Gary did. Or even play the lowest stakes sit and goes, preferably DYMs, because they are low variance and slowly but surely your bankroll will grow. If you continue the way you're going then your bankroll will be £0 before it's £100! Best of luck! 
  • edited August 2015
    somecards1, unfortunately you're doomed to fail if you carry on with this bankroll management. Of course, if you don't mind this and your main objective is to have fun, then forget this post. If you want to give yourself a higher chance of making the 1k though, I'd advise doing something similar to what Gary did. Or even play the lowest stakes sit and goes, preferably DYMs, because they are low variance and slowly but surely your bankroll will grow. If you continue the way you're going then your bankroll will be £0 before it's £100! Best of luck! 
    Posted by percival09
    thanks alot for your feedback?
  • edited August 2015
    Good luck on your quest, somecards.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited August 2015
    Good luck somecards looking forward to this!!
    Timmyrara
  • edited August 2015
    Good luck 
    I'm doing the same kind of thing but I deposited £30 and hope to get it to £1000

Had a few good results so far.
    But I stay away from cash, only kills my bankroll to be honest.

Just don't try and jump up to quick.
    I won a 5.75 £400 guaranteed the other day and told myself I would buy into £55 bounty hunter if I won.
    Lucky I won a few bountys and made £98 from them but bubbled on it.

I'm only doing £1 DYMs saves on risk and can get plenty of fun as well.

So good luck and remember have fun :) 
  • edited August 2015
    Good luck  I'm doing the same kind of thing but I deposited £30 and hope to get it to £1000 Had a few good results so far. But I stay away from cash, only kills my bankroll to be honest. Just don't try and jump up to quick. I won a 5.75 £400 guaranteed the other day and told myself I would buy into £55 bounty hunter if I won. Lucky I won a few bountys and made £98 from them but bubbled on it. I'm only doing £1 DYMs saves on risk and can get plenty of fun as well. So good luck and remember have fun :) 
    Posted by stuza
    thanks! 

• edited August 2015
    day 3 played 0.02 - 0.04 cash game bought in for £2.00 cash out £6.50.

profit £4.50.

bankroll is now £13.00.
  • edited September 2015
    day 4 played 0.02 - 0.04 cash game bought in for £2.00 cash out for £5.07.

profit £3.07.

bankroll is now £16.01.
  • edited September 2015
    just back from spain. time 2 put d foot down and build it up 2 £1000.