You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rewards Scheme

edited September 2015 in Poker Chat

So many posts when it changed.

Just wondered what people thought now it has had time
to settle in.

I love sky poker but used to love my love my
little monthly bonus. 

Rather remarry my ex than play free rolls.

Daggers

Comments

• edited August 2015
    Good evening Daggers
     I prefer the new way.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited August 2015
    Prefer the old one.
  • edited August 2015
    prefer the new way
  • edited August 2015
    Prefer new system
  • edited August 2015
    New system better for me
  • edited September 2015
    I think it works.

Though its a big leap from 2.30 to 5.00 and a gigantic leap to 12.50. Ill only go for the next jump if im near.

I like the 20pts needed for a freeroll in the previous 24 hrs. Ive got home from work and fired up 4 tables and gone allin with ATC just to qualify.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Rewards Scheme:
    So many posts when it changed. Just wondered what people thought now it has had time to settle in. I love sky poker but used to love my love my little monthly bonus.  Rather remarry my ex than play free rolls. Daggers
    Posted by daggers747
    Sky Poker told me they are currently exploring this option.
  • edited September 2015
    I prefer the old one, but I am pleased that they are using the money in promotions etc which should improve the attraction of the site.
  • edited September 2015
    I like the new scheme.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Rewards Scheme:
    In Response to Rewards Scheme : Sky Poker told me they are currently exploring this option.
    Posted by Tikay10
    : )
  • edited September 2015
    I haven't played in any of the new freerolls because they run when I'm not online.

However now it's up and running I've decided I prefer the new system. Most weeks I'm clearing 100-150 points. So I'm earning a reward of £2.30 per week rather than the £1.00 to £1.50 that would have been coming my way under the old system.

Saying that the new system is still flawed in my opinion. 500 points is totally out of reach for me. So once I've reached 100 points and locked-up the £2.30 there is no carrot for continued play.

For the record I'd rather quit poker than remarry either of my ex-wives.
  • edited September 2015
    I haven't played in any of the new freerolls because they run when I'm not online. However now it's up and running I've decided I prefer the new system. Most weeks I'm clearing 100-150 points. So I'm earning a reward of £2.30 per week rather than the £1.00 to £1.50 that would have been coming my way under the old system. Saying that the new system is still flawed in my opinion. 500 points is totally out of reach for me. So once I've reached 100 points and locked-up the £2.30 there is no carrot for continued play. For the record I'd rather quit poker than remarry either of my ex-wives.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    I really don't understand this thought process. Surely the ''carrot'' is that you're a winning player on the site (quite a big winning player considering the stakes) and so playing poker where possible means making money? Anything else is a bonus and should be treated as such.

What would people say if MattBates came on here and posted 'I miss out on Priority by 1000 points a month, so what's the point in regging tournament X Y and Z every week?'

I'm gonna sit on the fence with the new system. Often find myself in that no mans land zone of 250 - 499 points, so on that basis the old system wins out. Plus I miss getting a lump sum monthly that can pay for a decent tournament entry or 2. But I do like the added value the freeroll is offering, despite getting nowhere near the top 6. I just wish they would change the payout structure, but I know that ain't gonna happen :(
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Rewards Scheme : I really don't understand this thought process. Surely the ''carrot'' is that you're a winning player on the site (quite a big winning player considering the stakes) and so playing poker where possible means making money? Anything else is a bonus and should be treated as such. What would people say if MattBates came on here and posted 'I miss out on Priority by 1000 points a month, so what's the point in regging tournament X Y and Z every week?' I'm gonna sit on the fence with the new system. Often find myself in that no mans land zone of 250 - 499 points, so on that basis the old system wins out. Plus I miss getting a lump sum monthly that can pay for a decent tournament entry or 2. But I do like the added value the freeroll is offering, despite getting nowhere near the top 6. I just wish they would change the payout structure, but I know that ain't gonna happen :(
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    This. On a personal basis I was better off under the old scheme.

The void between 230 - 500pts does seem an odd one given that it's mainly recs that will be missing out here.

Re: the freeroll, it would be ace if there could be a 'proper' MTT among them, slower structure and standard prize distribution, maybe once a week (Monday maybe, to run alongside DTD games?) but appreciate why they are set up as they are
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Rewards Scheme : I really don't understand this thought process. Surely the ''carrot'' is that you're a winning player on the site (quite a big winning player considering the stakes) and so playing poker where possible means making money? Anything else is a bonus and should be treated as such. What would people say if MattBates came on here and posted 'I miss out on Priority by 1000 points a month, so what's the point in regging tournament X Y and Z every week?' I'm gonna sit on the fence with the new system. Often find myself in that no mans land zone of 250 - 499 points, so on that basis the old system wins out. Plus I miss getting a lump sum monthly that can pay for a decent tournament entry or 2. But I do like the added value the freeroll is offering, despite getting nowhere near the top 6. I just wish they would change the payout structure, but I know that ain't gonna happen :(
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I should have been clearer. You're right, it makes no difference to me. I'd play in exactly the same games as I do now even if there was no rewards scheme at all.

However there's no way I'm alone in that 100-150 band. There will be a lot of other players in the same situation. I've got a hunch quite a few of them will lose motivation to play and/or switch their focus to the £1,000 freerolls once they've reached the 100 point/£2.30 threshold. These are the people the flaw applies to.
  • edited September 2015
    For me the new scheme is 2.29 times better than the old scheme in terms of returns for points earned.