You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TPT Flying Dagg Invitational

edited September 2015 in Poker Chat
It's that time again, another month gone by too quickly. I would like to invite everyone to play in our TPT Flying Dagg Invitational Bounty Hunter Tournament. Renamed in hounour of our Vicey Dale Edwards.
Start Date/Time
20:00 - 02 Sep

Buyin + Fee
£5 + £0.50
Description
TPT invitational. This is a private Bounty Hunter tournament for members of TPT. 10 minute blinds and 5000 chips. Late registration until the end of level 4.

It is a password protected tournament but everyone is welcome to play in it, the more the merrier. Usually lots of fun and banter on the tables as always with TPT.

The password to enter into the tournament is slowdive

I really hope we can get a lot of players playing as it always makes for a fun night at the tables.

Comments

• edited September 2015
    +1

Be nice if Sky set this up permanent and donated the reg fee's to a cancer charity maybe?
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: TPT Flying Dagg Invitational:
    +1 Be nice if Sky set this up permanent and donated the reg fee's to a cancer charity maybe?
    Posted by bornablade
    +1 also would be nice for some of the players such as Sir Tikay, Mr Channing and Mr Orford had a go as well.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: TPT Flying Dagg Invitational : +1 also would be nice for some of the players such as Sir Tikay, Mr Channing and Mr Orford had a go as well.
    Posted by Darkangel7
    If I am around tonight, yes, I'll try & play this. I am usually 6 tabling DYM's in the evening, so pardon me if I am unable to chat.

I'm supposed to go up to DTD today, & play their PLO event, so it depends if I go, & how long I survive, but if I am around, I will play.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: TPT Flying Dagg Invitational : If I am around tonight, yes, I'll try & play this. I am usually 6 tabling DYM's in the evening, so pardon me if I am unable to chat. I'm supposed to go up to DTD today, & play their PLO event, so it depends if I go, & how long I survive, but if I am around, I will play.
    Posted by Tikay10

Thank you so.much for replying Tikay good luck at Dtd 

• edited September 2015
    +1 Be nice if Sky set this up permanent and donated the reg fee's to a cancer charity maybe?
    Posted by bornablade
    Hi Bladey,

At the risk of incurring the wrath of many - we can't win when we discuss these things - I'm going to try & answer that.

Sky Poker receive numerous requests to donate Reg Fees in various Tournaments to Charity. I don't know how many, but over the course of a year, certainly dozens.

Sky Betting & Gaming, who own Sky Poker, are a much bigger organisation. They receive, literally, hundreds of charity requests every year.

When SB&G were wholly owned by "Big Sky", Big Sky received thousands of charity requests per year.

Where do you draw the line?

So, a system was put in place then, & remains in place now, whereby The Business makes charitable contributions (for a substantial sum) every year. I believe they mostly support Environmental Charities. 

As to removing Reg Fees generally, for good causes, a while back, after a bit of a kerfuffle, Sky Poker decided to run the weekly DTD Tournaments without charging a Reg Fee. (This was to replace "added prizes"). They received widespread abuse for that, so I doubt they'll be going down that route again.    

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: TPT Flying Dagg Invitational : Hi Bladey, At the risk of incurring the wrath of many - we can't win when we discuss these things - I'm going to try & answer that. Sky Poker receive numerous requests to donate Reg Fees in various Tournaments to Charity. I don't know how many, but over the course of a year, certainly dozens.   Sky Betting & Gaming, who own Sky Poker, are a much bigger organisation. They receive, literally, hundreds of charity requests every year.   When SB&G were wholly owned by "Big Sky", Big Sky received thousands of charity requests per year.   Where do you draw the line? So, a system was put in place then, & remains in place now, whereby The Business makes charitable contributions (for a substantial sum) every year. I believe they mostly support Environmental Charities.  As to removing Reg Fees generally, for good causes, a while back, after a bit of a kerfuffle, Sky Poker decided to run the weekly DTD Tournaments without charging a Reg Fee. (This was to replace "added prizes"). They received widespread abuse for that, so I doubt they'll be going down that route again.      
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks for the explanation Mr K. 

Best of luck in your PLO today

• edited September 2015
    bornablade1350001£33.75 + £29.27 Head Prizes8£9.17

Cheers all! was a great game tonight
  • edited September 2015
    Would like to thank everyone who played in our game. The tables were full of fun and banter as usual. I hope to see you there next month and would love it if some more players will reg to play. Always a top laugh. Once again thank you so much.