You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

micro cash... QJo + KJo

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Oppinions on what you think generally the best play is with these 2 hands in the following situations:

1. In the CO or button after 1 or more limpers before hand... raise because you have a decent hand in position? or limp because if you raise and get called you may well be dominated? But if you limp you may get outdrawn.

2. In the SB or BB in a limped pot... limp/check or raise it up??

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Co/Button i raise 4bb+1 for every limper

SB/BB i'll just limp/check and only play the small pots.
  • edited January 2010
    also good suited connectors... raise in position at micro stakes or just limp behind?
  • edited January 2010

Nothing wrong with throwing em away. Especially with limpers in front of you, they limp with ak aq kq kj, n never fold, theyll call u down.

If theres 3 limpers in front, u raise, they all call the raise, its a blessing in disguise when u miss.

Not gettin busy with these hands at NL 4.

DOHH

• edited January 2010
    yea i hate KJ and QJ off suit at 4NL so i think i might just do that. what about raising in position with suited cons? just limp at 4NL?
  • edited January 2010
    1. In the CO or button after 1 or more limpers before hand... raise because you have a decent hand in position? or limp because if you raise and get called you may well be dominated? But if you limp you may get outdrawn.

At Micro Level your about as likley to be called by K 3 Suited to be honest. im with Deadluck though, 4xbb is more standard at cash than 3 and do charge for every limper. dependant on the micro level you could make it higher - 5 x bb will called by all sorts at 2p 4p for example
  • edited January 2010

All depends on the table, most of the time with suited connecters your gonna miss.....as with every hand, u only hit something like 1 in 3 pots right?

So whats plan B? - Ur guna be C bet bluffing alot, will the players fold? - Analyse the players, and theres ya answer.

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    very helpful advice so far thanks a lot!
  • edited January 2010
    if you think you have a significant edge on the tables, then raise.  you are gonna be playing above average hands in position vs donks....

it is also v good for your image as people at that level will be very angry of your constant raising so therefore they will be liable to spew and play even worse.

one thing tho be aware of stack sizes when you are gonna be making these raises, if the blinds are v short then pass on stuff like QT/QJ cos if you raise to like 12p, and the SB has like 45p and pushes then you gotta call vs soemthing like A3 cos thats what the TV told them to do