You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Theory of Relativity............................

edited September 2015 in Poker Chat
I have £50.00 of surplus funds each week to play on Sky Poker...................(£200.00) per Month

Should I..........................

Just not play for a Month, keep depositing excess funds & enter a main event?

Or.......

Grind it up at smaller stakes (Cash Maybe) & go into the main events as & when the bankroll management requires?

The Theory of Relativity.....Well, it's all relative to my funds.

Currently I spend/deposit this amount and play small stakes tournies, however, is it worth considering deposting the same amount each week but building a BIG fund to have a crack at a main event?

Comments

• edited September 2015

Morning Trev,

I don't know about the above, but I replied to an e-Mail from you this morning & it "bounced" as undeliverable.

Anyway, it was just to confirm that those Free Entries for tonight are sorted.
  • edited September 2015
    I would grind it up personally as I enjoy playing and therefore its more play for your money
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: The Theory of Relativity............................:
    Morning Trev, I don't know about the above, but I replied to an e-Mail from you this morning & it "bounced" as undeliverable.   Anyway, it was just to confirm that those Free Entries for tonight are sorted.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay
    Sorry about that. I think my inbox was full. Trials & Tribulations of using an old "Free-serve" email address, but it gets the job done.....well most times anyway :)

I'm also a bit of a hoarder when it comes to emails & very lazy in the delete old emails department.

Anyway, thanks for sorting the entries for me.

ps. very odd, but "Free-serve" wihout the hyphon is a banned word and won't let me submit it :)
  • edited September 2015
    Why do you play?

Do you just enjoy playing? Do you only enjoy playing with a thrill of a big prize? How many hours do you want to play for each month? 

While I understand the benefits of BRM if you just want the chance of a decent win and you dont care about losing and reloading then play some small games and stick some money aside each week and have a shot at a main or 2. 
  • edited September 2015

SORRY CANNOT HELP

DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE WORD DEPOSIT

WILL HAVE TOO LOOK ON GOOGLE
  • edited September 2015
    you can have the best of both worlds if you can find a reasonably low variance foramt that you enjoy beating to keep the poker itch scratched between mains. rather than keep all cash to one side, deposit some and build it a bit up using fun formats of the games. you can deposit the difference for those big poker-nights as and when needed.

HUSNG's, DYMs, PLO8 dyms [really good fun, and a cool community on here] Small field Bounty-hunter MTTS all fit the bill in one way or another.

• edited September 2015
    Why do you play? Do you just enjoy playing? Do you only enjoy playing with a thrill of a big prize? How many hours do you want to play for each month?  While I understand the benefits of BRM if you just want the chance of a decent win and you dont care about losing and reloading then play some small games and stick some money aside each week and have a shot at a main or 2. 
    Posted by MattBates
    Hi Matt.
    Thanks for the reply.

I do enjoy playing very much & I really don't mind losing (I'm used to it lol)

I play for the fun & enjoyment & re-loading is something i've become accustomed to over the years. I have never taken the game too seriously but would like to try and play a few more of the main events.

I play most nights from 7pm dabbling in a few sats between £3.60 & £7.20 and the rest of my night is spent playing a couple of deepstacks & bounty hunters. This can take quite a hefty chunk out of my deposits especially if I don't qualify for a main.

Sats can be a bit of a lottery sometimes & i'm probably wasting a lot of my bankroll on those to be fair, so I want to find a better way of utilising my deposits to give me a better chance of entering a few mains.

Not sure any of that makes sense? :)

I prefer the thrill of MTT's rather than griding cash, but happy to grind cash if this is the best way of having a shot at a few more mains.
  • edited September 2015
    Do you use sharkscope?

I find it good for looking at the actual numbers rather than thinking I do well at x game. I play over 4 sites and while I feel I can beat games of a certain buy in I have dropped certain games when the results dont stack up as there are more profitable games I can be playing. 

If say you arent good at sats but are good at deepstacks then you can drop the sats and use that money for deepstacks or to just buy in to some mains. The main thing is getting the maximum enjoyment for your money. 

You could try and work at sat strategy to get better at them but that might not seem fun so kind of goes against your reason for playing.
  • edited September 2015
    you can have the best of both worlds if you can find a reasonably low variance foramt that you enjoy beating to keep the poker itch scratched between mains. rather than keep all cash to one side, deposit some and build it a bit up using fun formats of the games. you can deposit the difference for those big poker-nights as and when needed. HUSNG's, DYMs, PLO8 dyms [really good fun, and a cool community on here] Small field Bounty-hunter MTTS all fit the bill in one way or another.
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Cheers Teddy.

DYM's? errrrr I'm not a "fold to win" kind of player so probably not lol

Concentrating on Bounty Hunters on the other hand would probably float my boat & reduce the MTT variance enough to start building the funds for the mains. I would probably have to cut down or stop playing sats though to give me a better chance.
  • edited September 2015
    Do you use sharkscope? I find it good for looking at the actual numbers rather than thinking I do well at x game. I play over 4 sites and while I feel I can beat games of a certain buy in I have dropped certain games when the results dont stack up as there are more profitable games I can be playing.  If say you arent good at sats but are good at deepstacks then you can drop the sats and use that money for deepstacks or to just buy in to some mains. The main thing is getting the maximum enjoyment for your money.  You could try and work at sat strategy to get better at them but that might not seem fun so kind of goes against your reason for playing.
    Posted by MattBates
    Hi Matt.
    I blocked my stats a few years ago so can't use that as a tool, but I do remember having a very bad record in sats & a positive one in bounty hunters & deepies.

I think I like the idea of dropping the sats & concentrating on the BH's & Deepies so will give it a shot.

hopefully see you in a main very soon :) 
  • edited September 2015
    hehe, the PLO8 dyms arent a fold to a win. I couldnt play hold em DYMs for the reason you stated, but PLO8 was really good fun. I had no idea what was happening in a lot of spots, but there is always at least one other player in the same boat and as there is no equivlient of AA or KK in terms of equity, you can play wider ranges and not have tooo much regret about it. stumbling through a new variant was a good criac. the ploppers are a strange bunch too, in a good way lol.

best of luck trev
  • edited September 2015

hi trev,

i think that you should focus all your efforts on small field BH tournaments that have a BI of £5-£22.

gl man.

• edited September 2015

Trev you have played at all levels.

Why not play the main the once a month something to look forward to each month,
    and more if you win the buy in.

Keep records of what you are playing and how you are doing.

Adjust schedule and focus on each tournament fully as if it is your last 50p.

Easy to become too loose and blame variance when playing flipping losing and reloading.

All the best

Daggers
  • edited September 2015
    hi trev, i think that you should focus all your efforts on small field BH tournaments that have a BI of £5-£22. gl man.
    Posted by aussie09
    Cheers aussie.
    Going to give that a go starting tonight & for the rest of this month and see how we get on.
  • edited September 2015
    Trev you have played at all levels. Why not play the main the once a month something to look forward to each month, and more if you win the buy in. Keep records of what you are playing and how you are doing. Adjust schedule and focus on each tournament fully as if it is your last 50p. Easy to become too loose and blame variance when playing flipping losing and reloading. All the best Daggers
    Posted by daggers747
    Hi Daggers.
    Your right, I blame myself rather than variance as i'm dabbling in too many different things especially sats. I often have a few on the go at the same time on 2 screens & don't give them the attention they need.

So i'm going to focus on one format only this month and keep a record of the results.
  • edited September 2015
    Is there a depositors bonus ?