You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HUD manipulation

edited September 2015 in Poker Chat
Got into a discussion with a friend on Skype about a reg that we encounter.

I say he's a good reg. Played 3k games this year. >£8k profit in total.

She says he's a fish cos he plays 31/12. (full ring by the way)

Is it possible that he limps a lot to distort the figures??
I don't use a HUD so I wouldn't really know.

Is the new line of MTT play to be delibeartely bad pre-flop to manipulate HUD stats while still playing optimally (or close to) post flop??

It kind of makes sense but I'm no conspiracy theorist! ahahaha.

Comments

• edited September 2015
    31/12 doesn't necessarily mean he limps a lot (although is probably a standard assumption).

VPIP (the first number) is just % of the time he voluntarily puts chips in pre (and 2nd number is the % of time he does puts chips in pre as a raise) but he could very well not be limping loads he just keeps flatting raises too much as opposed to 3beting or folding. I imagine he has a vvv small 3b% and it'll just be pure nutted/value (just my assumption).

A VPIP of 31 would be pretty laggy in 6max games but could be winnable from if you're vv good postflop, but fullring I think it's just far too loose, I can't imagine what kinda of sicko you'd have to be to be playing 31% of hands and make it a winning strat. Bear in mind, I assume u mean total VPIP of 31%, obv most good players will easily be 31%+ on the button, but won't be UTG etc. I mean using 31% as the total VPIP.

I wouldn't worry too much about his sharkscope or whatever, the world of MTTs on sky and all sites is full of people who aren't very good but have good looking results over relatively small samples (I'm including 3k games).
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to HUD manipulation:
    Got into a discussion with a friend on Skype about a reg that we encounter. I say he's a good reg. Played 3k games this year. />£8k profit in total. She says he's a fish cos he plays 31/12. (full ring by the way) ****** Is it possible that he limps a lot to distort the figures?? I don't use a HUD so I wouldn't really know. Is the new line of MTT play to be delibeartely bad pre-flop to manipulate HUD stats while still playing optimally (or close to) post flop?? It kind of makes sense but I'm no conspiracy theorist! ahahaha.
    Posted by PRees

I assume these stats are from another site?
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to HUD manipulation:
    Got into a discussion with a friend on Skype about a reg that we encounter. I say he's a good reg. Played 3k games this year. />£8k profit in total. She says he's a fish cos he plays 31/12. (full ring by the way) ****** Is it possible that he limps a lot to distort the figures?? I don't use a HUD so I wouldn't really know. Is the new line of MTT play to be delibeartely bad pre-flop to manipulate HUD stats while still playing optimally (or close to) post flop?? It kind of makes sense but I'm no conspiracy theorist! ahahaha.
    Posted by PRees
    Seems like a lot of effort to go to just to manipulate HUD data. Is she saying he is bad due to the stats or based on playing against them? Also, saying someone is good as they are up £8k is wrong as there are lots of players who are up that arent particularly good. Also, it could be a big bink that has led to them being up £8k. 
  • edited September 2015
    Yeah full ring I find it hard to imagine you could play 31/12 and be a winning player over a large enough sample; However, if it's low (but not micro) stakes where the general player pool was v tight then maaybe you could get away with it. You'd have to be opening/playing every BTN in unopened pots and be opening CO a ton too as well as defending BB a ton. And then you'd just have to be a super sick post-flop player. 

Surely you have more than just their VPIP? I mean you must know how they're playing; where are they limping or cold calling an open? 
  • edited September 2015
    These 31/12 type stats are just a genral guide to how they are 
    Playing.

you could get 2 different players 18/14 stats
    one crrushing the game. The other going broke.

Huds arent all that.

Huds also have a note facility that you need to look at.

Solid poker, notes , reads and luck and stuff it whats important
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: HUD manipulation:
    These 31/12 type stats are just a genral guide to how they are  Playing. you could get 2 different players 18/14 stats one crrushing the game. The other going broke. Huds arent all that. Huds also have a note facility that you need to look at. Solid poker, notes , reads and luck and stuff it whats important
    Posted by mumsie
    I agree with parts of that, but I find it vvv hard to believe you'll get many (any?) players playing 31/12 fullring that are winners in the longterm.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: HUD manipulation:
    In Response to Re: HUD manipulation : I agree with parts of that, but I find it vvv hard to believe you'll get many (any?) players playing 31/12 fullring that are winners in the longterm.
    Posted by Lambert180
    But if they mainly play deepstacks against weak opposition could be done, no?