You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Spin Up Bankroll Management

edited September 2015 in Poker Chat
Firstly I am not much of a cash player, but when the rewards accelerators are on i will normally play a couple of spin up tables, what I have noticed is that you get such a broad spectrum of players at all levels on there... From what I remember cash players say you need between 50-100 buy ins  (different people, different opinions) in your roll to play at that level, but what would people suggest is a good limit for these spin up tables, I was playing some 2/4 tables on there last night and there were quite a few guys who i see at the 200nl+ tables as well as a few who i rarely see play above 10-40nl tables. I guess technically you are only buying in for £40 so you can justify it that way, but at the same time its a 2/4 game so should you require a 2/4 bankroll???
   I'm just curious as to what bankroll management the players who play them apply... all input welcome. 

Comments

• edited September 2015
    You were about 15 buy ins up at the 2/4 last night when I saw you. I'm guessing you like the spin up tables!
  • edited September 2015
    I'm guessing lots of those players aren't necessarily that bothered about BRM?

I'd assume 100x BI would still be the most you'd need based on the 10BB BI for any level.

What's your verdict on whether the games are long term beatable Jordz?  I'd assume these are way easier to boss if you are an MTT player, possibly even easier than for deeper stacked cash players?
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Spin Up Bankroll Management:
    I'm guessing lots of those players aren't necessarily that bothered about BRM? I'd assume 100x BI would still be the most you'd need based on the 10BB BI for any level. What's your verdict on whether the games are long term beatable Jordz?  I'd assume these are way easier to boss if you are an MTT player, possibly even easier than for deeper stacked cash players?
    Posted by shakinaces

yeah i know a lot wont be bothered about BRM but I just meant the cash regs that play them, I think they are beatable, but long term i doubt they would be as beatable as regular cash games. As was said, last night i was playing 2/4 and i would say the average level of ability was probably on a par with a 20-40nl regular cash game, of course that was Friday night when they are a little bit softer anyway.... I think with good table selection then they are easily beatable at the minute.
  • edited September 2015
    Id be looking about 150 - 200 buy ins

Ie to play £2/£4 spin up I would want around 6k - 8k BR

Variance is going to be similar to Hyper turbos so variance will be rediculous
  • edited September 2015
    If they were your main game and you were playing 6-8 tables of them at a time I'd say even 150 is on the small side. I've went on a 100-150BI downswing at hyper HU so I can imagine it's possible to have similar downswings at spin up's. I'd say 250-300BI rule would be safer/better. 

If your only playing a couple tables of them every now and again tho with the ability to set stop-losses and move down if needed then you can definitely make do with 150BI (maybe even as low as 100BI)
  • edited September 2015
    I havent put in anything like a reg volume 148 sessions - and I have already had a +66BI upswing and a -57BI downswing

I would have said 100BI is the absolute minimum and as Ivanovic says if you were playing them as your main game and multitablling that is probably on the light side. 

• edited September 2015
    Cheers guys I wasnt talking about them from my point of view, I only play them for fun when they have double points, but I did think about 200 buy ins seemed like right way to approach them from a bankroll point of view. I can imagine a lot of the regs who play them get some huge swings!
  • edited September 2015
    Thought I would give this a go being a DYM player I knew I had to loosen up, played a 40 minute session at the 25/50 stake and was shocked at what was being called! Walked away £35 up, could be luck I dunno, but is it always like this?

QQ>48os AKs > j10 JJ > 96s all pre

Just played another 40 min session at 25/50 £48 up. I know this a vvv small sample size but I think there is cash to be event here....some awful play going on ;)
  • edited September 2015
    the size of your swings will largely be a function of your true winrate.

if you have a high ev bb/100 then your swings wont be as volatile as someone breaking even. 

the rake will have an effect on this of course, and its hard to measure your ev without tracking software so you just have to be honest with yourself.

seems analogous to the spin and go format elsewhere where the fact that a certain type of recreational flock to these games may make up for the high rake, inherent variance and theoretical low edge.

• edited September 2015
    "Variance is going to be similar to Hyper turbos so variance will be rediculous"

the variance in hyper HUSNG's is surprisingly low once you have a good ev roi.

if you have a decent expected winrate its hard to be a loser over even 4-5k games even with sky's high rake.