You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT Prize Money

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
They must of had a review of the GTD pools in all tourneys, I believe on Monday a few were down, I just looked for tonights games and alot have been affected. Bet the ones that are going strong havent been increased though....

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Can some one from SKY explain why all the prize money is down tonight in all the MTT's !!!

Im guessing that its  something to do with Man U v's Man C game, is this correct ???

Or is it to do with Total Player ???
  • edited January 2010
    They are down because players numbers are rising so fast, owing to the extra reliability of sky in comparison to all those silly downloadable ones that keep crashing and folding peoples cards all the time  INNIT--!   ?
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: MTT Prize Money:
    They are down because players numbers are rising so fast, owing to the extra reliability of sky in comparison to all those silly downloadable ones that keep crashing and folding peoples cards all the time  INNIT--!   ?
    Posted by oynutter
    yep, happened to me in primo and pretty much cost me my tourny. 
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to MTT Prize Money:
    Can some one from SKY explain why all the prize money is down tonight in all the MTT's !!! Im guessing that its  something to do with Man U v's Man C game, is this correct ??? Or is it to do with Total Player ???
    Posted by goodylad21
    You have answered your own question. A match like that affects Online Poker hugely.

All the UK-facing Online sites would anticipate a large drop in traffic during a televised match like Man U v Man C.

The Tourney eventually attracted 365 runners, so the overlay would have been £350 had they held the usual £4,000 Guarantee. That £350 comes out of the total promotional budget, so if they spent the £350 there, it would not have been spent elsewhere. The size of the spend cake remains unaltered, they just spend it more optimally.

NO evidence exists that if they had held the Guarantee at £4,000, more runners would have played.

It was a very fine comp, too. Everyne semed to enjoy it, with much banter in the Chat-Box, & not a word about the Guarantee.